Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal
05.20.2014 , 06:36 PM | #231
Yes I am having some serious problems with my Hosting Provider. They reconfigured some things and somehow reset my server memory allocation extremely low.

I am working with them now but they are being very stubborn and are reluctant to put it back to where it was to allow the amount of traffic the service gets. Instead they are increasing it incrementally which only leads to another ticket and escalation process.

This is VERY frustrating and I will get the thing back up as soon as possible.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Gyronamics
05.20.2014 , 09:31 PM | #232
Very recently Parsec has started writing the log in the display upside down.

Why?

I'm talking about Entering Combat at the very bottom of the list where the focus is and recent events being right at the top

e.g.

Spoiler
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Docmal
05.21.2014 , 11:05 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Very recently Parsec has started writing the log in the display upside down.

Why?

I'm talking about Entering Combat at the very bottom of the list where the focus is and recent events being right at the top

e.g.

Spoiler
I cannot reproduce this. Do you have some strange windows language or culture settings?
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Docmal
05.21.2014 , 02:36 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Yes I am having some serious problems with my Hosting Provider. They reconfigured some things and somehow reset my server memory allocation extremely low.

I am working with them now but they are being very stubborn and are reluctant to put it back to where it was to allow the amount of traffic the service gets. Instead they are increasing it incrementally which only leads to another ticket and escalation process.

This is VERY frustrating and I will get the thing back up as soon as possible.
Update: They have tweaked it several times and the symptoms have gotten better but I am still demanding more. I see that there was an outage at Euro peak today for a few minutes. I am hoping I can get them to enable a little more headroom.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Projawa
05.21.2014 , 02:59 PM | #235
Have you thought of setting up a donation fund? Ppl might be willing to chip in for bandwidth/capacity costs.

DogEyedBoy
05.21.2014 , 05:52 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
Have you thought of setting up a donation fund? Ppl might be willing to chip in for bandwidth/capacity costs.
I know I would.

Docmal
05.21.2014 , 06:30 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Projawa View Post
I have been taking donations since the beginning. You can find the paypal link here http://parsec.codeplex.com. I have gotten some support which I am thankful for. Maybe i should put a donate link on the app itself...
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Gyronamics
05.21.2014 , 06:31 PM | #238
I cannot reproduce this. Do you have some strange windows language or culture settings?
Yes. It's in English. British English.

Aside from that I don't tend to think I do strange things. I can't even remember the last time I fiddled any windows settings.

The log was correctly being displayed from top to bottom about a week ago.

At least one patch was seen on parsec since then and when I was trying to analyse a log mid fight yesterday the section in focus was complete garbage.

Check on it afterwards and somehow parsec is taking the correctly written top to bottom log as written by swtor and managing to display it all line by line upside down.

http://s28.postimg.org/sc2k62hvh/tmp.jpg

Uninstalled the program, reinstalled the program, same result.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Jerba
05.21.2014 , 06:46 PM | #239
I have the same bug, and my Windows is in German. It started happening with the latest Parsec patch I believe. Other players in my guild have the same problem, if you can call it that.

During an operation, I remember my times were even more mixed up than just in reverse order 5,4,3,2,1. They were not sorted in any way, but in an order like 2,1,3,5,4. Maybe this has to do with me using vanish or battle rezzing, not sure. The next time I see this, I'll copy & paste the log here.

Projawa
05.22.2014 , 05:26 PM | #240
I have been taking donations since the beginning. You can find the paypal link here http://parsec.codeplex.com. I have gotten some support which I am thankful for. Maybe i should put a donate link on the app itself...
Probably a good idea. I'm guessing most people never notice the paypal button and they never return to the codeplex page after the initial download because the app updates itself. You could also post a brief explanation to folks that donations are to cover hosting costs to avoid service outages so they should consider forking over some dough if they value the app, because ultimately nothing is free.