Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal
02.05.2014 , 03:50 PM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkLordKarmac View Post
Hi,

So, I'm having a unique problem running this program apparently. I've installed it three times now, and cannot get it to work correctly. I have combat logging enabled, and the path is correct. However, when I click on Raid Groups tab nothing happens. When I click on the Parse tab I get a message saying "Error Watching File Value cannot be null. When I click on the Raid tab I get a message saying "You must select a Raid Group to join". Both the Parse and Raid buttons are also red instead of green. Any idea what's causing this or how to fix it? I've asked everyone I know that runs this, and none of them have had this issue.

Thanks,
Karmac
Please contact me via the support link in the application or on the Parsec codeplex site. I will try to help via those channels.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

WuTuStronk
04.13.2014 , 11:55 PM | #202
I like parsec so far but one thing that really bothers me is the inability to lock the popouts and to make them clickthrough.

Mysteryhotel
04.17.2014 , 02:55 AM | #203
Love parsec its the only parse client our guild uses!

funkiestj
04.30.2014 , 12:37 PM | #204
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate damage absorbed by force armor from any other absorbing effect such as Blade Barrier. The "absorbed" stat on the Damage taken tab indicates damage that was absorbed via these abilities. The best I could offer on the heal tab would be a count of force armors that you cast.
tangent : I'm writing my own combat log parser for fun (not real-time, crappy ascii reports) and have the following question:

How can I figure out exactly what the combat log is telling me? I've seen the post with the combat-log-key.jpg and that helps a lot but leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

E.g. for your statement about absorb above, how did you figure that out? Does BW tell us anywhere or did you have to tediously reverse engineer it?

FYI: I'm particularly interested in PvP tanking and trying to get numbers on shield mitigation.

Another question: if I merge my log with someone else, are the timestamps in each of our logs client time or server time? If they are local then it is possible that merging and sorting via timestamp gives an inaccurate view of the sequence of events.

anything I can do to avoid repeating someone else's reverse engineering work would be good.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DogEyedBoy
05.14.2014 , 11:40 AM | #205
Any possibility you'll edit Endure Pain and Enraged Defense to show the correct healing?

Memo-
05.14.2014 , 01:26 PM | #206
I've parsed on my Shadow and Assassin a few times, and there have been times when the logs have become messy when stealthing out and then getting back to the fight. Just now I had dummy fight of about 6 minutes, and I used my combat stealth pretty much on cooldown. When I checked the parse, there actually were logs for three fights instead of one, and the lengths did not add up. The three fights were about 4 minutes long in total, so about two minutes were lost somewhere.

Do you think this is a problem in the game's log system itself, or something in PARSEC? In-game I guess the only work around is to try to get back to the fight as quick as possible (though in the fight mentioned I'd wager my stealths only lasted for ~0.1 seconds or so). I haven't noticed this on my Scoundrel, however, if that happened to make a difference.
Farís | Maliris | Välí | Sopraano | Sakkó | Jauhé | Bas'so | Rai'chu | Hedelmâ | Dela-jaakko | Véres | Hálal | Rai'jin | Banthan
Delaráh | Stilva | Luccía | Tenorí | Baritoni | Ethawn | Kuiva | Weímar | Altto
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy

JymReaper
05.15.2014 , 02:17 AM | #207
It would be really cool to have a tab recording your 'top crit' - your highest damage tick for each ability, over the life of a character.

Docmal
05.15.2014 , 07:26 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
tangent : I'm writing my own combat log parser for fun (not real-time, crappy ascii reports) and have the following question:

How can I figure out exactly what the combat log is telling me? I've seen the post with the combat-log-key.jpg and that helps a lot but leaves a lot of questions unanswered.

E.g. for your statement about absorb above, how did you figure that out? Does BW tell us anywhere or did you have to tediously reverse engineer it?

FYI: I'm particularly interested in PvP tanking and trying to get numbers on shield mitigation.

Another question: if I merge my log with someone else, are the timestamps in each of our logs client time or server time? If they are local then it is possible that merging and sorting via timestamp gives an inaccurate view of the sequence of events.

anything I can do to avoid repeating someone else's reverse engineering work would be good.
Parsec is open source so you can download the code and use it or reverse engineer it if you would like. Bioware did not provide any resources but in the beginning i used a post that detailed the log format. The parser portion of parsec is in a stand alone library and can be used outside of the parsec client easily.

Timestamps are server time and are adjusted to local timezone. For some reason events in the log can be slightly out of order. I believe this is because of server latency on certain actions.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Docmal
05.15.2014 , 07:27 AM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by DogEyedBoy View Post
Any possibility you'll edit Endure Pain and Enraged Defense to show the correct healing?
Any possibility you can provide more information about what is wrong with it?
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Docmal
05.15.2014 , 07:40 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Memo- View Post
I've parsed on my Shadow and Assassin a few times, and there have been times when the logs have become messy when stealthing out and then getting back to the fight. Just now I had dummy fight of about 6 minutes, and I used my combat stealth pretty much on cooldown. When I checked the parse, there actually were logs for three fights instead of one, and the lengths did not add up. The three fights were about 4 minutes long in total, so about two minutes were lost somewhere.

Do you think this is a problem in the game's log system itself, or something in PARSEC? In-game I guess the only work around is to try to get back to the fight as quick as possible (though in the fight mentioned I'd wager my stealths only lasted for ~0.1 seconds or so). I haven't noticed this on my Scoundrel, however, if that happened to make a difference.
Technically, according to the log, you have left and resumed combat thus being in multiple fights. However, I have worked hard to detect combat rez and combat stealth in parsec and combine the fights appropriately. This has proven to be difficult for many reasons that I wont go into.

It sounds like parsec should be stringing these fights together and this is a bug. Please send me this log file at support@parsecparser.com and i can find out what is up.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...