Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
01.04.2014 , 11:38 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Irneth View Post
Hello!

First great job on Parsec!

Im just using it for a few days now, but I figured something out.

When I check the Damage taken tab it shows me almost everything, also defense and shield, but for absorption I get always 0%

Is that a bug or am I missing something?
This is really a problem with Bioware's terminology and a lack of complete information in the log. There are two scenarios at play here:

1) You shield an attack and your shield "absorbs" a percentage of the damage based on your absorption stat. In beta this was more accurately called Glance. In the log file a shielded attack is flagged as such but it does not report specifically how much damage has been mitigated.

2) You have some sort of barrier ability on you that "absorbs" a certain amount of damage. This is a sorc/sage bubble, a guardian blade barrier, a reactive warding relic proc, etc. This is truly absorbed damage and is referenced in the log file where it reports exactly how much damage was taken and how much was absorbed.

In Parsec I need to work with what is available in the log file and unfortunately your shield glance amounts are not available.

The Absorbed bubble at the top of the Damage Taken tab reports: The percentage of damage absorbed in scenario 2 above and the amount absorbed per second.

The Abs column reports the amount of damage absorbed in scenario 2 for each ability you are hit with.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
01.04.2014 , 11:48 AM | #172
With the latest PARSEC issues and constant disconnects, how can we the community help you guys maintain this? I mean we started with Mox, went to Torparse, back to Mox, back to torparse, now on PARSEC and we get dc'ed from the raid a lot . We got used to PARSEC and we would be very sad to change again.

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
01.04.2014 , 11:48 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by ZooMzy View Post
Also wanted to comment on this, having taken notice and decided to post on how much I encourage any serious raider to download over TOR Parse and Mox.

Although, should this be the place for feedback and suggestions, I would like to pose one should it not have been made already. Is there a chance that in the Raid features, we would be able to take a look at detailed player input on the people connected in the group?

IE, being able to see the damage taken by a different member in the raid group without having to rely solely on second hand relays. Or even, the detailed rotation of another DPS in the raid to see what exactly they are doing without having to specifically ask them.
Unfortunately information regarding other players actions are not available in your log file. So we must rely on "second hand relays" - meaning both parties must be connected together and parsing in order to have access to all the relevant information you are looking for.

In the raid tab you can see the damage taken by each member, however, that's about the only thing in your request that exists today. And there are good reasons for this.

Number one is that bandwidth is expensive and the current design of Parsec has each client sending and receiving data from a server.

Number two is that peer to peer connections where data would be directly transmitted between clients is complicated to support. I could easily throw together something that works for me, but the notion of supporting 5000 people's OSes, firewalls and network settings is not appealing to me.

That said, it is on my awesome future feature list to allow a user to request a log download from another connected user. This would allow you to open an "archive view" of another users log file. Again, this would be an advanced feature and would require peer to peer tech, so it may not work for everyone.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
01.04.2014 , 12:24 PM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
With the latest PARSEC issues and constant disconnects, how can we the community help you guys maintain this? I mean we started with Mox, went to Torparse, back to Mox, back to torparse, now on PARSEC and we get dc'ed from the raid a lot . We got used to PARSEC and we would be very sad to change again.
Over the holiday my service provider had some significant issues with their SQL servers. Which caused lots of disconnects and down time. However, it appears that those issues have finally subsided. I have not seen any SQL problems since the 29th, where before that they happened almost everyday and sometimes multiple times a day.

Another issue I face is that the service I pay for has a limit of 800 concurrent connections. Previously it was 200 and I had to ask them to increase it twice as the popularity of parsec grew. When they increased it to 800 they said it was the last time and that any more increases would require I step up to a very expensive hosting plan.

That said, it has only reached 800 concurrent connections once and that was on Jan 2nd. Usually Tuesday thru Thursday peaks around 750 euro primetime and 650 US primetime.

My current focus is to gather more information on how often people are experiencing disconnects to figure out if they are occurring outside peak times or service provider downtimes. I am working on several ideas to automate this information gathering but in the meantime please report disconnects to support @ parsecparser . com
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
01.04.2014 , 12:27 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Over the holiday my service provider had some significant issues with their SQL servers. Which caused lots of disconnects and down time. However, it appears that those issues have finally subsided. I have not seen any SQL problems since the 29th, where before that they happened almost everyday and sometimes multiple times a day.

Another issue I face is that the service I pay for has a limit of 800 concurrent connections. Previously it was 200 and I had to ask them to increase it twice as the popularity of parsec grew. When they increased it to 800 they said it was the last time and that any more increases would require I step up to a very expensive hosting plan.

That said, it has only reached 800 concurrent connections once and that was on Jan 2nd. Usually Tuesday thru Thursday peaks around 750 euro primetime and 650 US primetime.

My current focus is to gather more information on how often people are experiencing disconnects to figure out if they are occurring outside peak times or service provider downtimes. I am working on several ideas to automate this information gathering but in the meantime please report disconnects to support @ parsecparser . com


Thanks for the reply. Will screenshot from now on every DC we get!

Docmal's Avatar


Docmal
01.04.2014 , 12:39 PM | #176
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Thanks for the reply. Will screenshot from now on every DC we get!
You could also provide a log file if you want. Just follow these instructions.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

leto_cleon's Avatar


leto_cleon
01.09.2014 , 12:42 AM | #177
Hi,

Somehow Parsec keeps crashing for me. Checking the crash log, there seems to be a problem running Parsec and the TS3 overlay at the same time.

First Crash on 22 Dec 2013
Spoiler


Latest Crash 8 Jan 2014
Spoiler

znihilist's Avatar


znihilist
01.09.2014 , 10:10 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
Hi,

Somehow Parsec keeps crashing for me. Checking the crash log, there seems to be a problem running Parsec and the TS3 overlay at the same time.

First Crash on 22 Dec 2013
Spoiler


Latest Crash 8 Jan 2014
Spoiler
Ha! I was going to post about Parsec crashing and just realized it was because of TS from your post. However, I am pretty sure I am not using an overlay.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually
__________________________________________________
This is what a tentative roadmap should look like.

leto_cleon's Avatar


leto_cleon
01.10.2014 , 02:08 AM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Ha! I was going to post about Parsec crashing and just realized it was because of TS from your post. However, I am pretty sure I am not using an overlay.
Last night I managed to get the overwolf overlay for TS3 to work (overwolf has to be run as admin, since swtor and ts3 are being run as admin), Parsec didn't crash.

znihilist's Avatar


znihilist
01.11.2014 , 07:26 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by leto_cleon View Post
Last night I managed to get the overwolf overlay for TS3 to work (overwolf has to be run as admin, since swtor and ts3 are being run as admin), Parsec didn't crash.
Yeah I was wrong, while I don't really run overwolf I was apparently running the normal in-game overlay (without admin mode). But since I don't really need the overlay I just disabled it and now I have TS on my second monitor.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually
__________________________________________________
This is what a tentative roadmap should look like.