Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal
11.18.2013 , 09:41 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by surharijan View Post
Not sure if this has been answered already but whenever I enable the overlay my fps tumbles down to the high 20's when it would normally sit 70+. It happens with torparse as well.

It runs fine if the overlay is kept behind the game - so I can alt+tab to it, my fps only tumbles when it's sitting atop the game.

Is this something people just live with? If not is there a setting I need to enable or something?

SWTOR is run in full screen windowed mode. Latest drivers etc. etc.
I have not heard of anyone having this problem. Parsec is pretty lightweight on CPU and memory usage and it is not using any 3D video resources. You could try using the Stream mode in settings. This will eliminate the transparency of the pop outs and might increase performance.
Feeling Parsecseh?
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Handrew - Shadow Tank Drewbacca - Guardian DPS
& 13 more...

Docmal
11.18.2013 , 09:46 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by thasensei View Post
Great job with this parser. We switched to Parsec a few weeks back and it's been great. The new archive feature is awesome.

Only bad thing that I've noticed is that the raid data stops updating if you die. By that I mean if I die, everybody's numbers stop updating on my parser. A few other people in my raid have mentioned it as well, so I don't think it's just me. Is this a known issue?

I guess the workaround is to just stop dying...
** EDITED **
I found a bug in the current client that causes it to go into sleep mode (data updated less frequently) too soon. I have also made some enhancements that should fix most of these issues.
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

Docmal
11.18.2013 , 02:48 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by ithompson View Post
I kind of like this idea as well. Could come in handy if its not to much work.
You know you have to do it when your co-tank signs on LOL!
Feeling Parsecseh?
& 13 more...

ithompson
11.18.2013 , 11:29 PM | #164
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
You know you have to do it when your co-tank signs on LOL!
I should make suggestions more often.
Hurrin-Guardian Hixia-Vanguard
Hanuss-Sentinel Heekoo-Scoundrel
Hen'a-Sage Hyris-Gunslinger
<Redemption>

Flyluke
11.19.2013 , 02:19 AM | #165
That was like insane fast implementation

Thank You, I will try it out tonight and keep you informed how the threat table works out =)

Tested the new colour coding in the Stats tab and it looks really neat. Great Job again.

DuEldrvarya
11.19.2013 , 03:12 PM | #166
Hey there, love this parser, hate Tor-parse and the like. Anyways is there any chance you could make the equivalent of the damage log for threat gen. If it is there already and I'm just being stupid that fine too, but right now I couldnt care less that I put X threat on Y random adds, I just want to know the percentage and average threats of my moves so I can optimize my rotation easier without going into the log by hand and examining each one separately.

ThomasCool
12.18.2013 , 03:19 PM | #167
Hey just a heads up,
I made a small post on codeplex about the naming of the DF/Leth dots and was wondering if you would be willing to take a look at it. Thanks
T.

Irneth
01.02.2014 , 03:39 PM | #168
Hello!

First great job on Parsec!

Im just using it for a few days now, but I figured something out.

When I check the Damage taken tab it shows me almost everything, also defense and shield, but for absorption I get always 0%

Is that a bug or am I missing something?

DaftVaduhhh
01.02.2014 , 07:17 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Irneth View Post
Hello!

First great job on Parsec!

Im just using it for a few days now, but I figured something out.

When I check the Damage taken tab it shows me almost everything, also defense and shield, but for absorption I get always 0%

Is that a bug or am I missing something?
Wading in here for interest's sake: I'm presuming that means absorbs by the tank rather than from an absorption ability from a healer? Shield absorb figures would appear under shielded attacks.

Are you a Guardian tank or do you have a reactive warding relic? If yes to either, does the combat log provide the data to extrapolate this absorb figure? Might have just been a hopefully added feature.
Daftvaduhh - 55 Shadow - GM of <Beyond Redemption> (The Harbinger)
La-femme - 55 Sage, Woklobster - 55 Guardian, Opfreely - 55 Sentinel
Drworm - 55 Commando, Rollface - 55 Vanguard, Leeloo'd - 55 Scoundrel, Rolling-deep - 55 Gunslinger

ZooMzy
01.03.2014 , 03:57 PM | #170
Also wanted to comment on this, having taken notice and decided to post on how much I encourage any serious raider to download over TOR Parse and Mox.

Although, should this be the place for feedback and suggestions, I would like to pose one should it not have been made already. Is there a chance that in the Raid features, we would be able to take a look at detailed player input on the people connected in the group?

IE, being able to see the damage taken by a different member in the raid group without having to rely solely on second hand relays. Or even, the detailed rotation of another DPS in the raid to see what exactly they are doing without having to specifically ask them.