Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Introducing Parsec - a new raid aware real time combat log parser

Docmal
09.16.2013 , 06:48 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by FridgeLM View Post
I'd switch to this from MOX if I could figure out how to make it display properly in OBS while I'm streaming. If anyone knows, I'd love to hear how.
I have looked into this and found that OBS has a bug when streaming .net WPF applications using "Window Capture". I have reported this on the OBS forum and I have a solution in place when they fix the bug.

I know the performance is rough but it does work in OBS when using "Monitor Capture"
Don't be a nub, use Parsec
<Redemption> @ The Shadowlands
Drewbacca - Guardian Tank Handrew - Shadow Tank
& 12 more...

FridgeLM
09.16.2013 , 07:26 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
I have looked into this and found that OBS has a bug when streaming .net WPF applications using "Window Capture". I have reported this on the OBS forum and I have a solution in place when they fix the bug.

I know the performance is rough but it does work in OBS when using "Monitor Capture"
Monitor capture is, unfortunately, not a good solution for me. Will eagerly switch when OBS fixes that issue.
<Death and Taxes>

Berjiz
09.23.2013 , 05:45 AM | #93
Started using Parsec about a week ago and it's a very nice tool I especially like that it's an easy and quick way to detailed information about dmg taken, the dmg types and such. However I noticed that defense related things(dodge, deflected and similair) is bundle together with ressist. Could you split it into a seperate column?

It would be very nice because that way it would be easier to see which attacks are f/t. Even better would be if f/t attacks could have a seperate color, but I guess that's not possible due to how the f/t attacks in logs work?
Drebi Darkness Assassin
Ve'shix Carnage Marauder

The Red Eclipse

Docmal
09.23.2013 , 07:22 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Berjiz View Post
Started using Parsec about a week ago and it's a very nice tool I especially like that it's an easy and quick way to detailed information about dmg taken, the dmg types and such. However I noticed that defense related things(dodge, deflected and similair) is bundle together with ressist. Could you split it into a seperate column?

It would be very nice because that way it would be easier to see which attacks are f/t. Even better would be if f/t attacks could have a seperate color, but I guess that's not possible due to how the f/t attacks in logs work?
Unfortunately, the log files have some limitations when it comes to damage types and attack types. First, log files do not specify ranged/melee vs force/tech. Second, if an attack is avoided its damage type is not reported in the log. These limitations along with the complexity of the mitigation rules make it impossible to accurately display mitigation in seperate buckets.

With this in mind, i designed parsec to display total mitigation rates like this:

Avoided attacks / all attacks
Shielded attacks / all attacks

As a tank myself i find these statistics usefull in determining my performance and gear effectiveness even though they are not ideal.

It is possible to build a database of attacks and their attack type based on mitigation results over time, but this is more work than it is worth since it would be useless on new content.
& 12 more...

Berjiz
09.24.2013 , 05:37 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Docmal View Post
Unfortunately, the log files have some limitations when it comes to damage types and attack types. First, log files do not specify ranged/melee vs force/tech. Second, if an attack is avoided its damage type is not reported in the log. These limitations along with the complexity of the mitigation rules make it impossible to accurately display mitigation in seperate buckets.

With this in mind, i designed parsec to display total mitigation rates like this:

Avoided attacks / all attacks
Shielded attacks / all attacks

As a tank myself i find these statistics usefull in determining my performance and gear effectiveness even though they are not ideal.

It is possible to build a database of attacks and their attack type based on mitigation results over time, but this is more work than it is worth since it would be useless on new content.
Yeah I guessed that it wasn't possible to split on the f/t attacks. I looked a bit in my logs and it says ressist when ressited so it should be possible to split out the resists from the defence related.
Drebi Darkness Assassin
Ve'shix Carnage Marauder

The Red Eclipse

THoK-Zeus
09.24.2013 , 06:37 AM | #96
For the f/t and m/r and i/e attack types i can provide information for tfb nim (i didn't have time to do the same for sv nim so far), as i was doing the tank numbers for tfb nim.

When you see mistakes, please correct me (some attacks are quite rare, so then it's difficult to determine the attack type sometimes as i then don't have a large size of samples, but i think everything should be more or less correct).

Here is the database for tfb nim :

- TWH:
-TWH:
m/r attacks:
Melee Attack

f/t attacks:
Angry Spittle:
Nasty Bite:
Corrosive Slime:

- Jealous Male:
m/r:
Flurry
Sting:

f/t:
Nasty Bite

-Twisted Spawns:
m/r:
Chomp
Flurry
Sting

i/e:
Acidic Corrosion

-Dread Guards:

-Heirad:
f/t:
Empowered Barrier
Overload

i/e:
Force Lightning
Surging Chain
Lightning Field

-Ciphas:
m/r:
Battering Assault
Obliterate
Sweeping Slash

f/t:
Gore
Pummel

i/e:
Bleeding:

-Kel'sara:
m/r:
Voltaic Slash
Saber Strike

f/t:
Withering Terror
Force Scream
Overload
Crushed
Pulverizing Darkness

i/e:
Discharge
Force Leech
Vitality Extraction

-Dread Guards Adds:
m/r:
Saber Strike

f/t
Assault
Smash

i/e
Mass Affliction

-Op9:

-Regulator and Recognizer have 100% m/r attacks
-Operator 9:
m/r:
Disinfection:
Rang. Att.

f/t:
Corrupted AI
Black Obtuse

-Kephess:
Kephess:
m/r:
Power Punch

f/t:
Wrist Laser
Fury of the Masters:
Overcharge:
Earthquake

i/e:
Corrupted Nanites:
Hypergate Void:
Radioactive Emission:

Energy Disortion:
f/t:
Volatile Energy:
Pulsating Energy:

-Terror from Beyond:

Tunneling Tentacle:
m/r:
Slap

f/t:
Slam

TFB Phase:
m/r:
Monsterous Swipe

f/t:
Thail Whip
Devastating Slam
Phasic Spittle

i/e:
Phasic Spit Pool:
Scream
Hypergate Instability
Acid Spit

Berjiz
09.24.2013 , 09:04 AM | #97
Nice info Thanks a lot
Drebi Darkness Assassin
Ve'shix Carnage Marauder

The Red Eclipse

Blazkowicz
09.25.2013 , 05:44 AM | #98
When program is started and player immediately clicks on "All Fights" it just crashes.

Why does the program must connect to "108.161.188.209" for "Combat Log" to be functional?
Any possibility of a non-MAC skin?
If all imperial moffs are like you, it's a wonder you can get your armor on in the morning, much less conquer an empire.

Doubledeath
09.25.2013 , 08:14 PM | #99
-BUG Report-

If you die with a vital shot (unsure if this works with all dots) on a target, you remain in combat until the dot wears off. Which in turn gives a very inaccurate representation of your overall dps until death. I am unsure of how long it kept me in combat but it was about a 7min 30sec Fight and i died at inbetween 6-7min and my dps dropped from ~2100 to ~1800. Hope this information helps. if you need a log then let me know.

Thanks,
Finalslinger <Severity Gaming>

Docmal
09.26.2013 , 11:10 AM | #100
Quote: Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
When program is started and player immediately clicks on "All Fights" it just crashes.

Why does the program must connect to "108.161.188.209" for "Combat Log" to be functional?
Any possibility of a non-MAC skin?
The app only connects to the internet before it starts to check for updates and when you are raiding. It does not connect when you click all fights. I will investigate the crash bug. Also, it is not intended to be a mac skin. It is meant to be clean and simple. I have no plans to make skins.
& 12 more...