Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

This Application has encountered an unspecified error please try this patch again.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
This Application has encountered an unspecified error please try this patch again.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

SuperObeseNinja
08.21.2013 , 12:37 PM | #1
I have been trying to log in and update for the past hour and i keep getting this message saying "This Application has encountered an unspecified error please try this patch again." and its rather frustrating i've tried uninstalling and everything please tell me what i must do to play :'(

Bronholz
08.21.2013 , 12:41 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings SuperObeseNinja,

Thanks for contacting us.

What Anti-Virus software are you using?

It may also be worth trying the steps listed here.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

SuperObeseNinja
08.21.2013 , 12:43 PM | #3
I've done that and still nothing... i've uninstalled everything reinstalled everything restarted and even reseting my router and everything :'(

Bronholz
08.21.2013 , 12:55 PM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
OK.

Please try restarting in Safe Mode with Networking, to see if this makes a diffrence to the issue.

Please confirm what Anti-Virus you are using.

Thank you.

bugwell
08.21.2013 , 01:07 PM | #5
I have the same problem ...

VorEve
08.21.2013 , 02:12 PM | #6
Same problem all day and even with the sugested fix's reinstall and launcher repair tool it's still not conecting to the patch.
Digital Deluxe Edition Owner.

Bronholz
08.21.2013 , 02:17 PM | #7 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
bugwell,
Did you try the steps above?

And to both VorEve & bugwell,

Do you have 'ST' written in the bottom left hand corner of your launchers? Additionally what Anti-Virus are you using?

Thank you.

VorEve
08.21.2013 , 02:59 PM | #8
ST yes and AVG 2013

Bronholz
08.21.2013 , 03:07 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for the info, the ST indicates that you are using the streaming technology.

Firstly please make sure that the launcher (launcher.exe) and the game client (swtor.exe) are added to the exceptions list for your Firewall/Anti-Virus.

Something you can also try is the steps here. This will cause the launcher to check the files for corruptions and download any missing content. It has helped some players who are stuck on patching.

Thanks.

VorEve
08.22.2013 , 07:48 AM | #10
Still not working Damit
Even a level 1 jedi would be good at this point