Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Guild creation requirements

Ninja_Amnesty's Avatar


Ninja_Amnesty
08.19.2013 , 09:35 AM | #1
I have never understood why MMOs force you to have other people in your party to start a guild. All people do is ask general chat for someone to help start one and the people usually leave after anyways.
As a smuggler, I usually give three responses. Are you going to pay me, is that all you're going to pay me, and yes I'll do it.

ninjonxb's Avatar


ninjonxb
08.19.2013 , 09:51 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninja_Amnesty View Post
I have never understood why MMOs force you to have other people in your party to start a guild. All people do is ask general chat for someone to help start one and the people usually leave after anyways.
Cause it begs the question. IF you don't have 4 people to start the guild. What do you want the guild in the first place?

Ninja_Amnesty's Avatar


Ninja_Amnesty
08.19.2013 , 09:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Cause it begs the question. IF you don't have 4 people to start the guild. What do you want the guild in the first place?
Good question. Why do people ask in general chat for other players to help them start a guild while stating that they can leave after if they choose to? I'm sure these people would go ahead and start one without asking if there were no requirement. This restriction does not prevent anyone from being a one man guild, so why is there a restriction?
As a smuggler, I usually give three responses. Are you going to pay me, is that all you're going to pay me, and yes I'll do it.

Gammawaves's Avatar


Gammawaves
08.19.2013 , 10:35 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninja_Amnesty View Post
Cause it begs the question. IF you don't have 4 people to start the guild. What do you want the guild in the first place?
Lots of reasons, the main reason I bet is for the personalized guild name title all your characters will have under their name, its also fun to have a guild for all of your alts and in other games having a shared guild bank for your alts, (but I think for SWToR its too hard to get a guild bank?)
I agree they need to get rid of the 4 person requirement, I have a fun guild name I want my characters to have under their name, but bleah im too lazy right now to go through the hassle of trying to find 4 people.

Dragonexadon's Avatar


Dragonexadon
08.19.2013 , 10:45 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ninja_Amnesty View Post
Good question. Why do people ask in general chat for other players to help them start a guild while stating that they can leave after if they choose to? I'm sure these people would go ahead and start one without asking if there were no requirement. This restriction does not prevent anyone from being a one man guild, so why is there a restriction?
Then I vote they make it more strict, if the guild lowers to less than 4 members it will auto disband after so much time. That said it deters people from making one man guilds for sure. If you REALLY wanted to could you? Sure. Yet of all the 'Lone' wolfs I see that play, I bet everyone would be in their own 'Lone Wolf' guild if it was just a matter of purchasing one without a group.
FORCE EFFECT
|US-East || PVP Server || Casual Guild || End Game Operations & PVP
http://www.force-effect.net/

Dorcraft's Avatar


Dorcraft
01.19.2014 , 11:18 AM | #6
The major reason is shared bank space. Having to sort and mail items to alts is a pain. I am into crafting, so mailing crafting mats becomes a real project that at times eats up my entire play time.

Most other games have some sort of shared storage for an account, but not SWTOR. So, the only option is Guild. This only works for Republic/Empire side, but is better than nothing.

Sangrar's Avatar


Sangrar
01.19.2014 , 11:28 AM | #7
I thought the whole point of a guild was to be able to group with people and friends who share your ingame interests and therefore fulfill part of what makes an mmo an mmo, not just use the guild bank for extra storage space...
Click this REFFERAL LINK for free character transfer, free inventory slot, and one week free sub time for preffered and subscribed accounts! You can read more about it HERE to prove it's legit