Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[HM] Styrak - DPS Check question

Ocho-Quatro
08.19.2013 , 11:49 AM | #11
We don't really another viable geared character to replace the marauder, and I've raided for a long time with him republic side prior to 2.0 when he was on his Commando, and he was always near the top of the Mox, and played very intelligently and aware.

I think for the time being, I will have him chat with another marauder, and check up on his rotation/etc to see if he can boost him numbers a bit.

We cleared the rest of the operation fairly easily for our first real go through, and I think with some adjustments, and get the dps up, our raid com can clear it.
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

KeyboardNinja
08.19.2013 , 11:53 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
We cleared the rest of the operation fairly easily for our first real go through, and I think with some adjustments, and get the dps up, our raid com can clear it.
I'm quite sure of it. You have the mechanics down, you just need to bring up your DPS, and there's a really strong point to focus on in that area. There are a lot of people on these forums who can help with Marauder rotations and gear of any spec. Just ask! :-)
Computer Programmer. Theory Crafter. Dilettante on The Ebon Hawk.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

RikuvonDrake
08.19.2013 , 12:04 PM | #13
Here is links to two well written guides for Carnage and Annihilation Marauder, he should take a deep look on those and try to shape up:
http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2...ation-marauder
http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2...rnage-marauder
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

KeyboardNinja
08.19.2013 , 12:08 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Here is links to two well written guides for Carnage and Annihilation Marauder, he should take a deep look on those and try to shape up:
http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2...ation-marauder
http://suckafish.enjin.com/forum/m/2...rnage-marauder
I can't speak to Annihilation, but Steadfast's guide to Carnage has some issues with it. For example, only putting VT within a Gore window means losing out on Execute-proc'd Force Screams. This is strictly a DPS loss, since VT doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Force Scream does. The optimal Carnage rotation has several VT usages outside of Gore windows, simply due to the Ravage cooldown. The guide also advocates a "no Rupture" rotation, which is a significant DPS loss.
Tam (shadow tank) Tov-ren (commando healer) Aveo (retired sentinel) Nimri (ruffian scoundrel)
Averith (marksman sniper) Alish (lightning sorcerer) Aresham (vengeance jugg) Effek (pyro pt)

Ocho-Quatro
08.19.2013 , 12:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MVaglin View Post
I am 95% sure that the enrage timer starts after the first Kell Dragon is dead,
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
And I'm 100% certain it starts when the first Dragon drops down. Start a timer when the Kell Dragon spawns. You'll see the enrage at exactly 480 seconds (8 minutes) every time, regardless of how long you take to drop the dragon.

I think that KBN is right on this one.
I just checked a log from last night. I died at 8m 23s and Styrak had been enraged long enough to wipe both our tanks and at least 2 or 3 other people before me. In looking at the log, the first 120s were us killing the first Kell Dragon/adds, which left us 6 minutes to deal with Styrak. Now, iirc the Kell Dragon has around 865k HP? Which means that 120s to kill him, was slow on our dps all around. Assuming the tanks are doing... 600dps while getting choked and to account for the spines phases, it means the 4 DPS were averaging 1,500 dps. Which is super low. I think for starters we need to be able to drop the first dragon absolutely no more than 90s which is an average of 2,100 dps between our four dps. And we really should be pushing higher than that, and drop him faster.

Now, I know personally my dps isn't going to be on the [DPS Leaderboard] anytime soon, but a parse I took on my ship dummy last night, I hit 2,400 on the nose for a 5m15s session. So, hopefully I can push that in a combat situation, accounting for dps loss from movement/mechanics but the gain from buffs like Bloodthirst/etc.

Myself and the other merc in our group are geared/parse right about the same, and our Sniper has always topped us in the Mox and is the best geared. iirc he typically parses (in combat) between 2.6 and 2.7k.
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Quotation Sentinel
The Punctuation Legacy

KeyboardNinja
08.19.2013 , 12:38 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post
I think for starters we need to be able to drop the first dragon absolutely no more than 90s which is an average of 2,100 dps between our four dps. And we really should be pushing higher than that, and drop him faster.
The Dragon is super hard to DPS due to Spines. Even in really top-flight DPS groups, you don't see the Dragon going down in HM much faster than 105 - 110 seconds. The fight is really decided by the burn phases on Styrak right after Lightning Manifestation. The more damage you can pour onto him during those moments, the better you will do on the enrage.

The first time we cleared Styrak, we downed him at exactly 8:03. We killed the dragon at 1:57.

RikuvonDrake
08.19.2013 , 12:51 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by KeyboardNinja View Post
I can't speak to Annihilation, but Steadfast's guide to Carnage has some issues with it. For example, only putting VT within a Gore window means losing out on Execute-proc'd Force Screams. This is strictly a DPS loss, since VT doesn't hit anywhere near as hard as Force Scream does. The optimal Carnage rotation has several VT usages outside of Gore windows, simply due to the Ravage cooldown. The guide also advocates a "no Rupture" rotation, which is a significant DPS loss.
Still better then the marauders 900 DPS
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Riku - Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rikache - Rikachacha - Rikache
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

KeyboardNinja
08.19.2013 , 12:54 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Still better then the marauders 900 DPS
lol No question there…

paowee
08.19.2013 , 01:20 PM | #19
Ideally you'd want at least 2 people being able to do 1m damage in that fight. Your other Sniper needs to work on his play, 600K damage is a bit low. More gear or more practice should do it. Didn't read your entire post but Sniper2 should be MM spec (not Lethality, Hybrid nor Engineering).

Some 8-man Sniper/Slinger tips:

1) Spam Takedown. You'll have plenty of instances to use your execute due to the nature of the fight. Takedown -> FT.
2) If your Snipers run 36/3/7, start up your rotation with CD (whenever Styrak respawns from any of his mechanics: closing in adds, jumping adds, etc)
3) Pre-cast Orbital strike for chained manifestation (adds that close in on you).
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ocho-Quatro
08.19.2013 , 01:56 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Ideally you'd want at least 2 people being able to do 1m damage in that fight. Your other Sniper needs to work on his play, 600K damage is a bit low. More gear or more practice should do it. Didn't read your entire post but Sniper2 should be MM spec (not Lethality, Hybrid nor Engineering).

Some 8-man Sniper/Slinger tips:

1) Spam Takedown. You'll have plenty of instances to use your execute due to the nature of the fight. Takedown -> FT.
2) If your Snipers run 36/3/7, start up your rotation with CD (whenever Styrak respawns from any of his mechanics: closing in adds, jumping adds, etc)
3) Pre-cast Orbital strike for chained manifestation (adds that close in on you).
I think... both snipers are Marksman. But I could be talking out of my butt.

I really would like to have him there on his Marauder if he can up the dps by adjusting his rotation/honing his skills. (I dont believe his gear is an issue, but I could also be again talking out of my butt.) I'd love to have at least one bloodthirst in the fight, and having melee dps with a gap closer will help on the adds that have the 1-shot ability on ranged. I'll have to take what I can get though.
The Punctuation Legacy