Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gilded Flutterplume

JattaGin
08.19.2013 , 01:43 AM | #11
The EU cards/codes also seem to make trouble as well. For example, the shop from which I purchased my codes says "out of stock" for several weeks now. I don't know how they can run out of codes (no actual card involved), but I have the feeling that they don't want to sell the codes anymore.

I am still looking for the Gilded Flutterplume. Managed to make trades with all other US cards. But now I have nothing to offer for a trade anymore.

ivanhedgehog
08.19.2013 , 01:46 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_TS View Post
I did take the UPC/SKU to the Wal-mart employee. The the CC Card is a discontinued item. I have worked for Wal-mart in the past and know that if the system says the item is discontinued then it is discontinued at all Wal-marts. Otherwise the employee would simple be able to order some. If there are any Wal-marts still carrying any of these, it is only because they have not sold them yet. Wal-mart, as a whole, has discontinued the CC Card. Thus, my OP still stands.
I was able to get the walmart one but gamestop claims they are discontinued...target has never heard of them
Bioware wants you to buy these but has shown zero interest in you actually being able to find them. Is making money really that distasteful to them? Maybe we could get a dev answer about this? are ther discontinued or is marketing in a coma?

Rankyn
08.19.2013 , 02:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ivanhedgehog View Post
I was able to get the walmart one but gamestop claims they are discontinued...target has never heard of them
Bioware wants you to buy these but has shown zero interest in you actually being able to find them. Is making money really that distasteful to them? Maybe we could get a dev answer about this? are ther discontinued or is marketing in a coma?
You assume that BioWare has anything to do with it.
The last I checked, BioWare did not control what other retailers carried in stock.
They can offer it to them and make agreements to sell it, but if those retailers don't want it for whatever reason (usually because they can't make enough money off it), they aren't going to continue to stock it.

Shelf space is a valuable commodity in the retail world and if the product that occupies that space doesn't have a sufficient return on the store's investment, they dump the stock they have and don't place orders for more of it.

dakajojo
08.19.2013 , 02:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrew_TS View Post
I did take the UPC/SKU to the Wal-mart employee. The the CC Card is a discontinued item. I have worked for Wal-mart in the past and know that if the system says the item is discontinued then it is discontinued at all Wal-marts. Otherwise the employee would simple be able to order some. If there are any Wal-marts still carrying any of these, it is only because they have not sold them yet. Wal-mart, as a whole, has discontinued the CC Card. Thus, my OP still stands.
I called two local Walmarts here in Arizona before making my original response to you. I asked them if the item was discontinued and they stated they had them in stock with no indication of them being discontinued (they could be wrong, but I digress.) As I said, the merchandise wasn't made available in all markets - which may have been solely on Walmart's end. Unless BW has decided to discontinue physical Cartel Coin Card sales in favor of the in-game option coming soon, I really have no explanation for your experience.

I am a pet collector myself, so I do understand your frustration.

Eric, if you are lurking, it'd be nice for you to address this...

ivanhedgehog
08.19.2013 , 08:04 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
You assume that BioWare has anything to do with it.
The last I checked, BioWare did not control what other retailers carried in stock.
They can offer it to them and make agreements to sell it, but if those retailers don't want it for whatever reason (usually because they can't make enough money off it), they aren't going to continue to stock it.

Shelf space is a valuable commodity in the retail world and if the product that occupies that space doesn't have a sufficient return on the store's investment, they dump the stock they have and don't place orders for more of it.
bioware can tell us if something has actually been released and is still for sale. one simple email...not all that difficult.

DallasRN
08.19.2013 , 05:48 PM | #16
Having tried since May to find this particular card/code from Walmart, I side with originator of this post. Bioware will claim no responsibility.

I've played this game since launch, left for 6 months, returned in 12/2012 and have remained loyal to SWTOR but there is a limit to a consumer's patience. The limited content for subscribers is waning. One has to wonder if Bioware is even listening to a fan base.

After the past months of looking intently at Best Buy, Gamestop and Walmart, I've enlisted some help to trade.
Wish it had been a better deal for subscribers.

Mureyu
08.19.2013 , 05:55 PM | #17
The Wal Marts in my area have them all the time ive gotten one but no more since i dont know if u can use more then one since it has the pet attacthed

Rankyn
08.19.2013 , 06:38 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mureyu View Post
The Wal Marts in my area have them all the time ive gotten one but no more since i dont know if u can use more then one since it has the pet attacthed
You can use more than one of the same card because it still gives you Cartel Coins but you won't get another pet from it.

norlof
08.19.2013 , 07:12 PM | #19
To be fair, just cause its not in one store, doesn't mean its not in the other one across town. My local Walmart doesn't have any SWTOR items, but the Target store just up the hill from it has SWTOR boxes, game time cards, and last time I was there, there was even a card or two. And everytime I go, they are fully stocked.

And to add, BioWare doesn't really control this stuff. Its all marketing teams. So really, the guy who designs new planets really has no say over what Walmart sells at their store. I just wanna throw that out there because a lot of people seem to not realize that.
Do or do not. There is no try

Mureyu
08.19.2013 , 09:16 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
You can use more than one of the same card because it still gives you Cartel Coins but you won't get another pet from it.
Thanks now i'll buy more!!!!