Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

question about subscription

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
question about subscription

SgtGrumbles
12.21.2011 , 02:26 PM | #1
on the launcher it says you have an active subscription to play, but when you buy it also says you have 30 days of game time included. so will i need to add game time for the 22nd? that seems a little deceptive to say you get 30 days of game time and then force you to buy a subscription right away. i was thinking i was going to have 30 days to get that end sorted out.

edit: woops sorry wrong forum

dmarkd
12.21.2011 , 03:42 PM | #2
Yes, you need to have a payment method on file to play after the 22nd. No, you will not be billed on the 22nd. If you are wary about paying for a subscription, you can input a credit card, play for your included 30 days, and cancel before you are billed for the next month. If you do not want to use a credit card, you can use a game time card. Unfortunately with the game time card, you can't cancel at the end of the 30 days and get that GTC back, so you're going to end up being further into the game.

The situation around GTCs is a little vague, but guaranteed with the credit card method, although they want to have your details, you will not be billed until your included 30 days are up.