Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What changes could be made to the UI to make it more appealing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What changes could be made to the UI to make it more appealing?

harpuax
11.13.2013 , 11:45 PM | #21
Buff and Debuff white/black lists and timers for all unit frames.

Stradlin
11.14.2013 , 12:42 AM | #22
More customization options.

I never forget the culture shock of coming from WoW's UI to TOR. Thanks to add-ons, you can have pretty much exactly the UI you want in WoW. With well chosen add ons and enough time spend playing the game, you inetivably end up in situation where every smallest of detail is exactly to your liking.

TOR's equivalent has travelled from an insult(launch) to "ok" Still ton of room for improvement. Loads of things player most certainly should be able to customize are uncustomizeable.

I really love it how even now, almost 2 years after launch, I still have my face, name and class visible all the time with no ability to do something about this. You know, just in case I in heat od combat forget what my name is, what clsss I rolled or how my char looks like. They should add text STAR WARS - THE OLD REPUBLIC on gigantic letters to bottom corner of the screen as finishing touch.

I continue to have severly lacking freedom when it comes to customization of proc, buff and debuff bars or ways cooldowns are displayed. In general, TOR's UI would turn vastly superior over night if single person in Dev team would see it fit to Install WoW, download Bartender4 for it and then copy the experience to TOR. Instead, they chose to look at screenshots of vanilla WoW and copy the experience.
Iota Squadron - iota.enjin.com

LordArtemis
11.17.2013 , 11:34 PM | #23
The lack of at least a choice of colors is what puzzles me the most. I would have expected to see this at some point.

Tsillah
11.18.2013 , 02:52 AM | #24
What I would like is that if I select items like mailboxes as visible on the map that it shows them on the map without having to stand next to them.
Goodbye all, it's been fun. Time for me to move on (it's ok to cheer ).

Siorac
11.18.2013 , 03:48 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
What I would like is that if I select items like mailboxes as visible on the map that it shows them on the map without having to stand next to them.
Very much this. The fact that you need to be within a certain distance of them to be able to see them on the map sort of defeats the purpose of looking for them on the map.

illgot
11.18.2013 , 03:49 AM | #26
The ability to eliminate pop up text like RED ERROR MESSAGES during combat.

Darth_Haderach
11.18.2013 , 04:11 AM | #27
Customization like colours and number display aside... I need a UI that differentiates my ability procs from all the other buffs I have, at the very least have them always on the top or bottom row. Optimal would be to "free up" the proc icons so I can reposition them anywhere and increase their size.

Furthermore, a way to differentiate my dots/debuffs on enemies from the dots/debuffs of other players. Possibly again to be able to move them elsewhere.

Of anything else this is the only thing that I feel will significantly improve my experience and smooth the gameplay - being able to watch the fight instead of staring at a large number of icons.
ALSO, WHERE IS THERON?

AlexDougherty
11.18.2013 , 04:22 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Stradlin View Post
More customization options.

I never forget the culture shock of coming from WoW's UI to TOR. Thanks to add-ons, you can have pretty much exactly the UI you want in WoW. With well chosen add ons and enough time spend playing the game, you inetivably end up in situation where every smallest of detail is exactly to your liking.

TOR's equivalent has travelled from an insult(launch) to "ok" Still ton of room for improvement. Loads of things player most certainly should be able to customize are uncustomizeable.

I really love it how even now, almost 2 years after launch, I still have my face, name and class visible all the time with no ability to do something about this. You know, just in case I in heat od combat forget what my name is, what clsss I rolled or how my char looks like. They should add text STAR WARS - THE OLD REPUBLIC on gigantic letters to bottom corner of the screen as finishing touch.

I continue to have severly lacking freedom when it comes to customization of proc, buff and debuff bars or ways cooldowns are displayed. In general, TOR's UI would turn vastly superior over night if single person in Dev team would see it fit to Install WoW, download Bartender4 for it and then copy the experience to TOR. Instead, they chose to look at screenshots of vanilla WoW and copy the experience.
While I agree that more customisation would be nice, I actually think EA/Bioware got it right with their stance on Add-ons, once you let them in they become essentially mandatory, since players without them are at such a disadvantage to players with them.

I actually have no problem with my name and class showing, occasionally with my Commando I forgot what the class was, I knew it was a trooper, but not the advance class. A little more freedom would be nice with the UI, but the problem is players are spoilt with the amount of freedom other games provide, nevermind that they generally have to adjust their custom UI several times because they removed something they later found essential, they want the freedom to muck up their interface in their own style.

That said, a few additions would be nice, like allowing colour adjustment for the colour blind, or removing the CC icon (i actually use it, but not everybody wants it), and the ability to move other displays which you currently can't, or adjust the GTN window size.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.

LordArtemis
11.18.2013 , 04:26 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I would like to see this happen as well.

BrotherPain
11.18.2013 , 04:26 AM | #30
One part of the interface I've missed since the beginning and still miss is differentiated quest icons.
It could be something as simple as a number next to the icon if it's a heroic, or some squiggly lines for PvP and so on.
Going through a cutscene only to find out that I'm never doing this quest (any PvP quest, heroic 4+ on mostly dead planets) is more than a little annoying.