Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What changes could be made to the UI to make it more appealing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What changes could be made to the UI to make it more appealing?

LordArtemis
08.17.2013 , 07:33 PM | #1
I have suggested various changes in the past. To sum up....

Color change for UI

The ability to change the color of the UI, at least basic colors like red, yellow, green, purple, black and white with the blue. I also suggested that the Imperial UI defaults to red. This would change the overall color of the ENTIRE UI, including the map.

Change mini map and player portraits

I would suggest we be allowed a few different types of maps and player portraits...borderless, square and round (default).

Direct number display on XP/Legacy bars

I think it would be helpful is we could display the actual numbers for XP and Legacy directly on the end of the bars just like the option for health and action bars. Hovering over those bars to get them to provide the actual numbers can be difficult depending on resolution and UI size.

All points of interest displayed on exposed map

If an area has been explored and things like quest givers, mail, vendors and the like are discovered they should remain on the map at all times regardless of distance from them. You would still have the ability to toggle them on or off, and perhaps could toggle near or distant display of the icons on the map.

Ability to add a second inventory bag

I would like to see a second inventory bag added to our personal inventory, with the ability to expand it the same way as our primary bag. This would only be available as a legacy unlock when you finish your third chapter.

If anyone else has any ideas as to how the UI could be improved I would love to see them, perhaps add them to the list. Thanks for reading.

Fixiooo
08.17.2013 , 07:46 PM | #2
1. The option to choose or change the font.
2. The option to hide portraits on the unit frames
3. As a sub be allowed to hide the freaking cartel market button

NicAX
08.17.2013 , 07:48 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
Target of my target

When targeting a friendly, it would be helpful to see a target icon, similar to our target icon, below our target. This way we could select that target directly.

Direct number display on health/power bars

I think it would be helpful is we could display the actual numbers for health and power, XP and the like directly on the end of the bars. Hovering over those bars to get them to provide the actual numbers can be difficult depending on resolution and UI size.
I think these two are already available through the interface editor, you just have to enable the target of target frame and for the number display on your bars you can select any frame like group, target or your own to show information text, just scroll down and select the box to enable the text.

Also you can change the Cartel Market's icon alpha level to 0% and you can barely see it.

Altheran
08.17.2013 , 08:03 PM | #4
I'd like that each bar could have the "switch" that is on the right of the first bar, and that it can display bars that are already shown.

The ability to change the position of the toggle indicator on stance like abilities. Having the toggle under the icon when the bar is vertical, is not optimal. Before custom UI, bar 3 and 4 (left and right vertical bars) used to have toggle indicators directed towards the center of the screen.

The ability to choose when the CD text turns red, independently of when it displays tenths of seconds. (Personal wish : red under 5s, displays tenths under 2s)

The ability to choose when the CD text start to be displayed in seconds : 60s, 90s, or 120s.

Eitetsu
08.17.2013 , 08:06 PM | #5
To make it more appealing:

1) make it more responsive
2) fix the GCD glitch\bug
Eitetsu - Assassin; Tenzinn - Marauder; Kathedra - Mercenary; Korrana - Operative; Murasaki - Sorcerer; Tathata - Juggernaut; Wei▀reiter - Sniper; Aureatus - Powertech

theSCARAYone
08.17.2013 , 08:13 PM | #6
Make the UI open source and let subscribers do whatever they want with it maybe? Mods for the UI would be really awesome.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HN Baa'nariim
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

theSCARAYone
08.17.2013 , 08:15 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by NicAX View Post
I think these two are already available through the interface editor, you just have to enable the target of target frame and for the number display on your bars you can select any frame like group, target or your own to show information text, just scroll down and select the box to enable the text.

Also you can change the Cartel Market's icon alpha level to 0% and you can barely see it.
Yes both of those features are already there.
The Harbinger - Aggressors Legacy - HN Baa'nariim
Give me Pets! (Referral Link)

LordArtemis
08.18.2013 , 03:50 AM | #8
Well, the numbers do not appear on the XP or Legacy bar. I should have been more specific.

LordArtemis
11.11.2013 , 05:43 AM | #9
Changes made to original post to remove items already implemented or pre-existing and alter a few more with proper focus.

DataBeaver
11.11.2013 , 06:05 AM | #10
Customizable alert icons. I'd love the ability to create alert icons on my screen when an ability is available, when a proc has been triggered, when a DoT on an enemy has ended etc. All this information is already available, but especially the status icons are hard to see.