Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I dont see balance, is it there magically at 50?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
I dont see balance, is it there magically at 50?

Kricys
12.21.2011 , 02:51 PM | #11
Get to 50.
Kricys. Marauder. Vulkar Highway

SoupyNuggs
12.21.2011 , 02:55 PM | #12
To be honest, I'm sick of these JK/SM QQ threads. Post something other than "there's no balance" if you really want things to change; things like vids or multiple screenshots of warzone final stats showing juggs/sents consistently at the bottom. Otherwise the general reaction is going to be the same: skepticism.

And I'm one of those skeptics.

From what I've seen of JK/SM pvp in WZs, there are good and bad players. The good ones know how to position themselves, manage cooldowns, and are peripherally aware of what's going on. These players consistently top damage and pull 10:1 kdrs.

The bad ones rush middle turret in aldaraan, charge into an entire team 1v2+x and die in less than 2 globals. These are the same players who then start to rage at their allies for not "helping them", and then come onto the forums and QQ about balance.

TL/DR: post more constructively about imbalance than the OP of this thread.

Filo
12.21.2011 , 03:00 PM | #13
So far I've got only two issues with PvP.
It takes like 20 freaking seconds to get out of combat, and thus back into stealth.

Also, the level scaling has one GIANT flaw.
Level 50 Players still see me stealthing from like 500 feet away. Everything's scaled but stealth detection. Which really, really sucks sometimes.
Are you the ultimate idiot? Click here to find out!

IllicitSolicit
12.21.2011 , 03:03 PM | #14
No offence, but it may be your play style - or you really are very low level (10-15). You should not expect to be a PvP god without going full into the PvP tree and having access to most abilities.

I personally feel that my Marauder (Runetang - LoLettow) is verging on overpowered. One-on-one, they just tear people apart and are very hard to get away from. They have excellent mobility and PvP utility:

Damage reduction abilities, obfuscate, one spammable snare, a super-snare (force crush), two charges: one long range, one short range (obliterate) - and force choke is perfect for generating rage and suspending people over Huttball firetraps. ^^

In short, I think you're nuts - sith warriors, marauders in particular are just sick in pvp...

mimbs
12.21.2011 , 03:03 PM | #15
how amusing. i was queing with a 50 warrior earlier. every bg me and he would be at 250k+ and next highest would be around 100-150k. stop whining about a class that is actually really good. whining about balance is one thing, but whining about a class being weak when it definitely isn't weak is just awful

EternalFinality
12.21.2011 , 03:06 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by IllicitSolicit View Post
No offence, but it may be your play style - or you really are very low level (10-15). You should not expect to be a PvP god without going full into the PvP tree and having access to most abilities.
That's the irony though - shouldn't these people be paired against others who're at the same level of skill and ability then?

That is not happening.