Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lecto
08.20.2013 , 08:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
Well, I'm on the phone with them now...took me 10min to get an Indian guy & he wasted about 5min of my time. I've been on hold to have my call "escalated" for about an hour so far -- total garbage.
They would not give me a time frame this time when I called. I was assured however that the problem is being worked on by the DEVs within an "specialized team" & that it would require a patch; furthermore, that they will get back to us as soon as possible. -_-
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Force Disciples!"
Twitter: @Lecto10

Jagemakage
08.20.2013 , 08:51 AM | #22
There is also an issue with friends who are currently F2P who want to subscribe after being referred. That is what I am having a hard time, my F2P siblings want to be referred by me but they aren't allowed atm.

elidion
08.20.2013 , 11:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
They would not give me a time frame this time when I called. I was assured however that the problem is being worked on by the DEVs within an "specialized team" & that it would require a patch; furthermore, that they will get back to us as soon as possible. -_-
A patch huh? I wonder what that means? Obviously any code fix whether it's on the website or game is technically a "patch" but I wouldn't imagine it would be any client side/game related...at the very most they may need to add something to the account database that has be done on server downtime...but it shouldn't be any patch we will see.

elidion
08.20.2013 , 11:13 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagemakage View Post
There is also an issue with friends who are currently F2P who want to subscribe after being referred. That is what I am having a hard time, my F2P siblings want to be referred by me but they aren't allowed atm.
That's exactly what my post is about lol, it's the whole system, doesn't matter if it is new or returning users (F2P falls in the returning customer category as they aren't currently subbed)

CrazyMcGee
08.20.2013 , 09:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings elidion,

Thanks for contacting us.

We are aware of the issues with the Referral system and we are worked to the system fixed. We hope to have the issues resolved soon, but for the moment we understand the frustrating these issues are causing and we ask for your patience.

Thank you.
It's been almost a week since a CS response - would love an update please.

I know you are working on it, but remember you have a bunch of new customers who didn't get their rewards. They will probably want to cancel their subs before their next billing date if this isn't fixed. And EU customers have the right to cancel in the first 14 days, so they must be approaching that limit already.

Is there really no way a CS rep can manually fix this by associating the accounts? Or is it that there are too many people?

Dysehunter
08.20.2013 , 11:44 PM | #26
This is really bad customer service, The friend I referred actually subbed so I could get the bonus coins and speeder, I feel cheated as this is false advertising.

Jagemakage
08.21.2013 , 08:23 AM | #27
Did the patch this morning do anything for this?

Lecto
08.21.2013 , 08:27 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Dysehunter View Post
This is really bad customer service, The friend I referred actually subbed so I could get the bonus coins and speeder, I feel cheated as this is false advertising.
I can feel this; moreover, my first of two referrals joined up for the same reason. Beyond this, she didn't get the bonus's she was promised as part of the program either! I wonder if there is some avenue to sue EA if this goes on too long? Probably not, these kinda companies usually have stuff in the contracts we sign that forbid this kind of action.

On another note...I'm not sure what they meant about a patch. I probably should have been more direct about it when I was on the phone with CS. I think it's pretty bad when you have to "patch" things on their end because stuff is so messed up.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Force Disciples!"

Lecto
08.21.2013 , 08:28 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Jagemakage View Post
Did the patch this morning do anything for this?
Not that I've noticed....I still have 0 referrals on my account.....
Join "Force Disciples!"

elidion
08.21.2013 , 11:41 AM | #30
My friend tried again today and it worked...he now has the 7 day subscriber and got the preferred friends bundle. But he still can't transfer his character. It wants him to pay the 1800 cartel coins.

And he is also showing up as my referral as well