Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CandieseCarshena
04.24.2014 , 10:48 AM | #241
Here is the last ticket update I got from a CSR

Greetings,

My name is Andy and I'm from the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ support team.
Thank you for contacting us regarding the issues you were having with a referral link.

I would like to apologize for the delay in being able to get the referral link to work correctly.
We are aware of some issues with this and our studio teams are investigating. While we
can work to resolve these issues and link the accounts it can take time as mentioned in
one of our previous emails.

One of the workarounds for this is to subscribe as you've done. I understand that this
takes away from the referral process which is why we are working on a solution for
the player base as a whole. As a good will gesture for bringing this to our attention
and for the delay you experienced I have added 300 cartel coins to your account.
This will be ready to spend the next time you log in.

Thank you once again for your time and patience while this issue is being worked on.
If there was any further questions you might have for us, please don't hesitate to let us know
and we'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

Andy
Star Wars ™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service
///
-------

Vorplex
04.27.2014 , 11:17 AM | #242
I was a preorder account recently returning to SWTOR. With my preferred account I was referred by a guild mate and enjoyed the game so much that I became a subscriber again. I have since referred 2 other friends using my referral link but haven't gotten credit for either of them. They both received confirmation email's but neither of them received nor I have received any of the rewards. Also neither of them has ever had a SWTOR account before. I submitted a ticket #12450149 and it was closed the next day basically saying that my friend must have signed up wrong. I know this isn't true because I watched the second one go through the whole process the same way I did when I was referred. If your only answer is to blame the customer when your program doesn't work I will be taking my subscription somewhere else.

CandieseCarshena
05.05.2014 , 10:59 AM | #243
email them at: support@swtor.com

subject: Re: Your Ticket# 00000000

Just change 00000000 to your actual ticket number.
///
-------

Aizagora
05.21.2014 , 05:50 PM | #244
So I don't end up in a world of hurt and anger. Someone referred my sister to the game(she didn't have an account before) she made an account but after the site kept telling her she wasn't eligible. I was thinking if I redo my sub and refer her it might work, or should I not waste my time?

-iDisOrder-
05.21.2014 , 07:02 PM | #245
Quote: Originally Posted by Aizagora View Post
So I don't end up in a world of hurt and anger. Someone referred my sister to the game(she didn't have an account before) she made an account but after the site kept telling her she wasn't eligible. I was thinking if I redo my sub and refer her it might work, or should I not waste my time?

I had an issue with it as well posted here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=694266

Bottom line is, call the 800 number ASAP!
ask why they didn't get credit.
Most likely it'll be the same cr@p they pulled on me, your sister didn't tick a box agreeing to get SWTOR emails sent to her.
(it's hidden on the second page)

Have her cancel the account ASAP!!!
She'll get a full refund if it's less than 7 days (?) i think and then have her sign up with your referral link, but walk her through it so you get the credit.

It's a pain in the butt, but worth the speeder IMO
Like SWTOR And Wanna Subscribe?
Click Here And We'll Both Get Cool TOYS!

Make Sure To Tick The Opt-In Box
To Receive BioWare's Propaganda Emails

Aizagora
05.21.2014 , 08:09 PM | #246
Quote: Originally Posted by -iDisOrder- View Post
I had an issue with it as well posted here:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=694266

Bottom line is, call the 800 number ASAP!
ask why they didn't get credit.
Most likely it'll be the same cr@p they pulled on me, your sister didn't tick a box agreeing to get SWTOR emails sent to her.
(it's hidden on the second page)

Have her cancel the account ASAP!!!
She'll get a full refund if it's less than 7 days (?) i think and then have her sign up with your referral link, but walk her through it so you get the credit.

It's a pain in the butt, but worth the speeder IMO
It's sad and ridiculous that I have to do all that. It's like they are just letting this game die a slow death.

-iDisOrder-
05.21.2014 , 08:21 PM | #247
Quote: Originally Posted by Aizagora View Post
It's sad and ridiculous that I have to do all that. It's like they are just letting this game die a slow death.
Welcome to pc gaming...
Used to be gamers made games they wanted to play.
Now ex-gamers get paid to pump out cr@p and charge us for "early access" unfinished sh it!

We just have to choose what cr@p we're willing to put up with to have a lil fun.
Like SWTOR And Wanna Subscribe?
Click Here And We'll Both Get Cool TOYS!

Make Sure To Tick The Opt-In Box
To Receive BioWare's Propaganda Emails

DAOWAce
05.26.2014 , 12:16 AM | #248
So..

My friend hasn't played SWTOR.

I sent him my referral link and he logged in with his EA account, clicked it and it's telling him he's not eligible and needs to make a new account.

What gives? Does he really have to make an entirely new Origin account just to be referred?
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.

Runoran
09.14.2014 , 09:02 AM | #249
Greetings everyone,

My friend referred me to play Star Wars so I started as free to play, then preferred (bought CC) then decided to sub. He sent me the link, and before I followed the steps, I called Tech Support and had them walk me thru the steps. When done, NOTHING! so hours later at the suggestion of TS I called back since there was no change in account status. Again Was walked thru the process and NOTHING. My referring friend had tried referring his brother a week prior and NOTHING which is why I called TS for the walk thru. After many calls and hours on the phone with TS, here is what their escallated Billing/Account (or what ever they call it) said........ Because I did not upon creation of my free account (prior to logging into the Game itself) go in and check the emails opting into the their email notices, I am deemed In-eligible for the refer a friend. My arguement with them is that nothing is stated upon creation of the account to do so, nor is it stated when referring the friend that it has to be this way. the only place it states this is on their about page for referring a friend. It does not state that this had to be done prior to logging in to the game just that it had to be done. They need to take a serious look at how they manipulate the players into 'referring' a friend and pony up their rewards so they keep players. I've read thru most of these messages in this thread and several have either canceled or their referred friends have canceled. That's just the ones we know about. How about those we dont?? I work with another friend who commented that SWTOR only opened up this game to free players as their player base was dropping and it was a way to keep people interested or to draw them into playing and possibly subscribing. Well if that were the case, they should honor all of us who do refer friends and get them to subscribe and just add the option upon accepting their referral to check the opt in emails as part of fullfilling the RAF process.

I hope this helps explain why most of the RAF's will fail. Unless you create a whole new account or had previously known to opt in before logging into the game, you wont get the rewards. Their customer service did grant a one time CC and Preferred bundle due to the Number of calls, time spent on TS hold, etc. and stated that we should have been told from the start that it was due to the email opt in requirement (that prior to entering the game or no rewards) that would have saved many the headache. As for me, I won't refer friends to play if they have an account, unless they were previous sub's more than 90 days ago. (hopefully they won't hold the email opt in BS as another loophole).

Oh when i threatened to take legal action for fraud, they were pre-pared to with hold their compromise and offered their legal dept contact info. I won't be surprised if at some point a class action lawsuit is filed against Bioware/EA for this down the road....

Good luck.

jediantany
09.15.2014 , 04:07 PM | #250
I have been having the same issue I want to know what happing

Quote: Originally Posted by Kilora View Post
Just curious -- when you say "previously subscribed friends" -- do you mean people who have been referred in the past, but more than 60/90 days ago, and are now trying to return again?