Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xX-Archangel-Xx
12.17.2013 , 10:43 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by meowgodofcats View Post
I can't even submit an email to refer a friend. I get "an unexpected error has occurred" every time I try to access the page.
Same problem. Maybe they dont want to allow us to invite our friends

UltraManDingo
12.29.2013 , 09:13 PM | #232
Well,

After a couple months, my issues appear to have been resolved. Good luck to all the rest of you, and thanks BioWare for coming through, eventually. I was worried for a bit.
ManDingo
═══=|═══════════════

SomeJagoff
01.03.2014 , 12:15 AM | #233
wow, so this referal thing has had issues since august?
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Lecto
01.05.2014 , 11:44 PM | #234
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
Sure has, possibly even before. A lot of people said the last refer a friend system was bugged too.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

AssajiStarseed
02.28.2014 , 06:22 AM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by SomeJagoff View Post
Nvm, wrong quote.
Velvet Shroud
The Force shall free me..

LordParelius
03.02.2014 , 03:25 PM | #236
I have this problem and Bioware did nothing to solve this

CanislupusAlbus
04.03.2014 , 11:47 AM | #237
I'm cancelling my account and my wife's (the referral) over this and the poor job CS did dealing with it.

"However, I'm afraid that we at Customer Service did not set the terms and conditions of the referral program and similarly there is no way for us to manually add a referral link if the terms and conditions have not been met."

Customer service is the face of a company, they don't get to use the "we didn't set the rules" cop-out

"I completely understand if this does leave a bad taste in your mouth but unfortunately there's genuinely nothing that we can do now that the subscription has been made without the terms and conditions being met. "

Also a load of crap. Good luck building a player base when you're this hostile to the people bringing you more players.

Macesanu
04.14.2014 , 12:43 PM | #238
well... i have created a fresh account and i have subscribed to this wonderful game. after some playing around and talking with my buddy he wanted to join this glamorous gem of a game. so i send him a RaF invite which he clicked and created account then he Subscribed. then we both were waiting for the email confirmation.... which never arrived.... it's been 3 days since he subscribed and no confirmation ever arrived.. i made ticket ingame and nobody replied. so THANK YOU EA! we LOVE YOU.

Laiham
04.15.2014 , 12:32 AM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by Macesanu View Post
well... i have created a fresh account and i have subscribed to this wonderful game. after some playing around and talking with my buddy he wanted to join this glamorous gem of a game. so i send him a RaF invite which he clicked and created account then he Subscribed. then we both were waiting for the email confirmation.... which never arrived.... it's been 3 days since he subscribed and no confirmation ever arrived.. i made ticket ingame and nobody replied. so THANK YOU EA! we LOVE YOU.
why would he subscribe before confirming that the referral was successful?
"So that's it. You've grown a moustache!"
- Darth Vader

Macesanu
04.15.2014 , 02:52 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Laiham View Post
why would he subscribe before confirming that the referral was successful?

well, when we played WoW we did the same thing. Give the RaF link, register with it and after all the process of billing you get the RaF confirmation. we were thinking it's the same for SWTOR because the RaF link here took him to a page where it said " Macesanu Invited you to play SWTOR" and the registration box was below that. then it takes you directly to billing if you want to subscribe. at the time we didn't think a game that asks for a monthly subscription have such poor integrated RaF system