Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Refer a Friend Issues - What is going on

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
09.14.2013 , 05:31 PM | #101
I submitted another ticket.

Get this, Jess at customer service says my friend didn't qualify, and that's why I didn't receive my rewards.

My referral was a new account (never played before,) used my link, and subscribed to the game. HOW IN THE WORLD DOESN'T IT QUALIFY? GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BIOWARE!!!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

CrazyMcGee
09.14.2013 , 06:24 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
I submitted another ticket.

Get this, Jess at customer service says my friend didn't qualify, and that's why I didn't receive my rewards.

My referral was a new account (never played before,) used my link, and subscribed to the game. HOW IN THE WORLD DOESN'T IT QUALIFY? GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER BIOWARE!!!
Ouch, what happened to the customer is always right?

Shiningfury
09.15.2013 , 12:07 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by AnKhor View Post
Hi all,

Just another update on my situation for anyone interested.

My returning friend is loving the game and has been wanting to sub for a while, but i have been getting him to hold off until we could sort this out. I have finally got it to work and wanted to share with you what was causing the problem.

The Work around provided by CS was only partly right. It advises you to turn on the e-mail setting at the ea Origin website.

You also need to do it separately on THIS website too.
You can find the setting at https://account.swtor.com/user/info
This also needs to be ticked on both the referrer and referees account.

This is what got it to work for me. Your friend will get this message when they log in from the referral link if it worked. It will also show as registered on your account.

"'Congratulations, you've been successfully invited to play Star Wars: The Old Republic by AnKhor!
7 days of subscription level access with unlimited ability to play all game missions including Warzones, Flashpoints, and Operations up to Level 50 as well as full access to convenience features.
Preferred Friends Bundle including a selection of valuable unlocks and customization options via in-game mail.
One-time complimentary Character Transfer.'!"

Good luck!
Just a quick note to say that this (changing the setting in my swtor.com account to allow Star Wars messages) is what finally allowed me, after many attempts, to accept a referral and get the green confirmation message after logging into the site.

Thanks.

CrazyMcGee
09.15.2013 , 12:46 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiningfury View Post
Just a quick note to say that this (changing the setting in my swtor.com account to allow Star Wars messages) is what finally allowed me, after many attempts, to accept a referral and get the green confirmation message after logging into the site.

Thanks.
Nope, didn't work for me. Maybe for some people it hadn't originally registered that they were signed up to e-mail updates. My referrals all were. I tried logging into their account and removing the option and then adding it again. No luck.

EDIT: I went to Origin site and signed up too, then clicked on the referral link and logged in from there. Anything else I can try??

Euthanassya
09.15.2013 , 01:03 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Shiningfury View Post

Thanks.
worked for me. finally. good lord...

however - you have to make sure that
1. person you are inviting upgraded to origin account AND enabled messages about swtor in privacy settings window of origin, as well as in basic information section of swtor account on this website.

2. you as inviter, need to make sure that YOU have both enabled as well :/

CrazyMcGee
09.15.2013 , 01:20 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Euthanassya View Post
worked for me. finally. good lord...

however - you have to make sure that
1. person you are inviting upgraded to origin account AND enabled messages about swtor in privacy settings window of origin, as well as in basic information section of swtor account on this website.

2. you as inviter, need to make sure that YOU have both enabled as well :/
NONE OF IT WORKED!! I am SO FRUSTRATED!!

Not only does it not work, we were not supposed to have to do ANY of this!!

BW have really ****ed this up.

Can't they just manually link them??? I shouldn't be having to waste my time doing all of this. And I shouldn't have to subscribe to junk mail from Origin! FFS, just fix it, I am so pissed off now. I've tried being patient, but now they are just pretending it is fixed (not that they have bothered to post in here).

FIX IT!!!

CrazyMcGee
09.15.2013 , 06:23 AM | #107
Sorry, but I am too annoyed by this now and I am really not gonna let this thread off the front page until we get a CS response.

I have put in another ticket on my account and gotten my two referrals that aren't counting to put in tickets too.

I am seriously annoyed that:

1) Some people are getting responses to their tickets and I am not (e.g. the claim that this is fixed);

2) It has been going on this long and CS have not offered a solution, compensation or a refund;

3) That the rewards are not simply given to us manually. I know CS can send items to players, so why don't they action each and every ticket? I send in a ticket, the referred accounts send in tickets (could quote the number), they are matched up and the rewards are sent to both players. It is the least that could be done at this stage. And if there are a lot of tickets, that's because BW chose to keep it open and keep advertising it despite knowing it is bugged.

4) The customer-blaming responses. "You didn't sign up to e-mail updates", "it's not a new account", etc etc etc. This is not rocket science. We understood your instructions. They didn't work. I got 3 referrals to work and got the rewards. I did not have to sign up to Origin. I did not do anything different with the other two referrals that did not link up to my account. I did not have a lobotomy between referrals. Please do not suggest I did something wrong.

5) The lack of communication. I spent an hour today screwing around with the Origin site because someone on here suggested it might work. I had to take their advice (gratefully) because no one in Customer Service is even trying to suggest anything that might help me. If that worked for some people, then why the hell aren't you e-mailing us all to suggest that we try it?? If it is something your reps are suggesting by phone, why isn't it posted on here as a suggestion? You could clear up half your tickets with one post, why the hell wouldn't you do that???

I realise you are very unlikely to respond to this rant, but I would really love to hear you justify yourselves against my points. Do you think you have handled this well??

My two referrals have been subscribed for two months and neither is going to pay for the next month if this is not fixed before then. And I'm sure you'll then say I can't get the rewards because they are not subbed.

So thanks. This scheme has been great. Awesome job.

CrazyMcGee
09.15.2013 , 06:40 AM | #108
Who likes my new signature??

Dysehunter
09.15.2013 , 07:17 AM | #109
So I thought I was getting somewhere and then this came up -

Quote:
"That account is currently not eligible for the Friends of SWTOR Referral Program, Please visit the Referral page at www.swtor.com/info/friends for eligibility requirements."
I'm going to treat this as a lot cause, 4 weeks and counting, I can't be bothered any more trying to wrestle with customer services, They all need to be fired.
=Intel Core i7 4770K @ 4.80GHZ=Asus Maximus VI Formula Z87=
=Avexir Blitz 1.1 Original 16GB 2500MHZ=Asus Xonar Phoebus=
=Asus GTX 780 Ti 3GB 1300/3900=Corsair Neutron GTX 240GB=
=Corsair Carbide 540 Airflow=Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit Edition=

Screaming_Ziva
09.15.2013 , 10:56 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by AnKhor View Post
Hi all,

Just an update on my progress, and some extra info to help you identify success.

After creating many new accounts (probably approaching 20 by now) I finally got one to register as a referral. So this looks like an intermittent issue. This is probably coincidence but it was the only account i created where the birthday was not set to 1.1.XX (except the first try by my friend)

What you need to look for to confirm success is after the new account is validated it will take you to a big green message that says;

Congratulations, you've been successfully invited to play Star Wars: The Old Republic by USRNAME Jump in now and expedite your adventures with a complimentary Jumpstart Bundle, an exclusive gift waiting for you in your in-game mail!

If it failed you will just get a standard account validated message.

The player account name will also show up in your referral list and specify the number of days they have to subscribe before the offer expirs.

Now I have the friend on the new account sorted out, I am going to start working on referring the friend who already had a previously sub. If I succeeded I will share any info I find out.

Good luck guys. Hopefully we will receive an official update from BW soon.
I was able to get a reward from a friend of mine who's subscription lapsed a long time ago and I was able to re-invite him. When he clicked on my referral link, the green text was on his account page so he re-subscribed. After he subscribed, I did receive my pet in the mail.

However, referrals for brand new accounts is totally broken. I have a couple extra email addresses I use so I created accounts for them on SWTOR using my referral link. I made sure I opted into all e-mails from SWTOR and not a single one of them got the green referral message on their account page.