Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World PvP sucks and the customers have spoken

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
World PvP sucks and the customers have spoken

Gankdalf_
12.21.2011 , 02:11 PM | #1
Get it fixed please because as it stands this game has terrible world PvP, it's the biggest carebear fest since WAR. Why are Empire & Republic seperated on the contested zones, I am half way through the game and have not seen ONE Empire player so far, what a complete joke. I rolled on a PvP server to PvP not to PvE, take a look at how WOW set out the faction quests in their contested zones to get a clue how it should be done.

Anyway, it seems the PvP community are not happy about this at all.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=16469&page=29

To all PvE server rollers you need not reply to this thread as these matters do not concern you, thx.

EDIT: Am actually afk in the middle of the road on a very busy contested zone and I know when I alt+Tab back to the game I will be safe and sound. If this was WOW I would have been killed by now, what a tame safe and sound world you have created and this means for PvP players it's very, very boring.

Monoth
12.21.2011 , 02:14 PM | #2
You get a full planet that is PvP with world objectives plus FFA Outlaws Den on Tatooine... Oh wait you mean you can't gank people 24/7 as they try to quest..... that would suck

Odds are World PvP will pick up once everyone starts hitting 50 and are done with all their class quests.... game has only officially been out one day, give it a little time...
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

sithkllr
12.21.2011 , 02:15 PM | #3
I tend to agree with the OP. I am level 26 and have not even seen an enemy player. Hugely dissappointing,

Striker
12.21.2011 , 02:17 PM | #4
You have to go looking for trouble. Sounds good to me. Tatooine is going to have a lot of world pvp in a few weeks.

Troll Toll
The Twin Spears
Hardcore Mentality. Casual Raiding Schedule

OSUNightfall
12.21.2011 , 02:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Monoth View Post
You get a full planet that is PvP with world objectives plus FFA Outlaws Den on Tatooine... Oh wait you mean you can't gank people 24/7 as they try to quest..... that would suck

Odds are World PvP will pick up once everyone starts hitting 50 and are done with all their class quests.... game has only officially been out one day, give it a little time...
It's fun to sound superior, but people who roll on pvp servers understand this risk and indeed welcome the sense of tension this creates. And many don't even like 'ganking', but rather attacking or being attacked by similarly leveled characters while doing questing or gathering. It's the spice in the pudding, so to speak.
"If command wanted your opinion on ethics they'd promote you to general." - Strenif

cdestey
12.21.2011 , 02:19 PM | #6
Maybe you should relax and wait for the people who don't play 8 hours a day to catch up with you and the PVP zones will have more people in them.

And enough with this "customers have spoken" BS. You've spoken. You're one customer. Please don't speak for me.

run_hello
12.21.2011 , 02:20 PM | #7
Yeah there's no air of danger anywhere. Due to the fact that there's multiple shards on each server, I rarely see anyone of my own faction, let alone an enemy.

I remember creeping into Ashenvale the first time with my buddy and hiding in the shrubs by the side of the road waiting for an enemy to come by. That was one of the most fun times I've had playing an MMO.

I don't even know what to call world PvP in TOR. Well I do but I can't say it here.

sevev
12.21.2011 , 02:21 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankdalf_ View Post
Get it fixed please because as it stands this game has terrible world PvP, it's the biggest carebear fest since WAR. Why are Empire & Republic seperated on the contested zones, I am half way through the game and have not seen ONE Empire player so far, what a complete joke. I rolled on a PvP server to PvP not to PvE, take a look at how WOW set out the faction quests in their contested zones to get a clue how it should be done.

Anyway, it seems the PvP community are not happy about this at all.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=16469&page=29

To all PvE server rollers you need not reply to this thread as these matters do not concern you, thx.

EDIT: Am actually afk in the middle of the road on a very busy contested zone and I know when I alt+Tab back to the game I will be safe and sound. If this was WOW I would have been killed by now, what a tame safe and sound world you have created and this means for PvP players it's very, very boring.
You used WOW as your reference point for world PVP....

LOL

That immediately discredits any point you are trying to make.
I played since launch in 2004... Blizzard did nothing to encourage world PVP..
The players did it..

Let me help you with acronyms. PVP stands for player versus player

PVP DOES NOT stand for player versus a gaming world where I am forced to fight the opposition at all time.
Larkin- Imperial Agent Sniper.
Empire

sithkllr
12.21.2011 , 02:21 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cdestey View Post
Maybe you should relax and wait for the people who don't play 8 hours a day to catch up with you and the PVP zones will have more people in them.
I beleive the issue is how the zones are designed to limit open world pvp pre 50. Bioware doesnt seem to have overlapping quest areas for both factions to encourage PVP. It seems just the opposite. This is just my perception so far (I'm level 26) based on having seen NO other enemy players in spite of the fact that I am on the underpopulated Republic side.

akanesama
12.21.2011 , 02:21 PM | #10
I love open World PvP - thus why I rolled on a PvP server. It adds an element of realism that even though you're questing (PvE) that there are real players around trying to hunt you.