Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Addons/Additions we NEED

Zorke
12.26.2011 , 12:19 AM | #61
Ok, I'll start off by saying this; I NEVER SAID I WANTED ADDONS. **** WITH THAT ********. THIS IS NOT A THREAD ABOUT ADDONS.

Damage meters are needed to perfect your class. You do not learn "skill priority" without mathematical proof as to what skill rotation provides the most damage. I do not give two ***** about how you got butthurt in WoW because someone raged at you for sucking in your PuG run. I do not play with random people, I play with the same people I've been playing online games with for years. When you get to the end-game content and start running hard/nightmare modes, you will see why this implementation is needed. Several bosses have enrage timers that cannot be met just by bashing whatever buttons you want.

I apologize for calling all of you opposers out by calling you bad, but honestly that's the only argument I've seen so far. "I dun liek dps metrs cuz i dun liek bing tol im bad."

Perhaps the feature would only show data to those who had it turned on. If someone did not want to participate in this feature, they could simply turn it off and not be shown on their own or other party members meters.

Lastly, I've yet to see a logical argument opposing the implementation of this tool for technical reasons. The community in other MMOs misused it. Guess what? No guess...

YOU GET TO CHOOSE WHO YOU PLAY WITH. IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM, DON'T PLAY WITH THEM.

Subparhero
12.26.2011 , 01:18 AM | #62
I'll preface this by saying I'm not a WoW player, past or present.

I really agree with th OP.
I don't -need- this stuff but nitpicking that word is pointless.
You dont -need- to have fun either, if u want to be THAT technical.

Combat logs are HUGELY beneficial, and add a LOT of fun to my gameplay. I really enjoy this game but it's been SO annoying not being able to go back and look at details of a fight.

"Target of my target" is another hugely useful tool. Not as much for dps, but for healers and tanks it makes things much more intuitive and less tedious. I really dont see any reason NOT to have this.

The UI in this game is a huge disappointment. Its nowhere near the quality of the rest of the game. It really should be a LOT more customizable in everything from hotbars to chat windows to moveable/resizable windows. Everyone seems to want this, I just don't get how they dropped the ball so bad on this aspect of the game.

Understand, I don't want the game to be easier. I enjoy challenging gameplay. These changes aren't to "omg make the game easier," they are to make it less cumbersome and more fun without taking away from the skill needed to play.

Sainnt
12.26.2011 , 01:28 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
DPS meters also have the chance of someone using them the wrong way. If the DPS meter is for you only and no one else then okay but if it has the ability for someone else to use them then no. I've known people that use that to be rude and mean to people because they didn't "measure" up to their standards and that is wrong.
your argument is flawed sir, any and everything can be used in the wrong way, you can't say something is bad when it's good out weights its bad.

Westwestyo
01.15.2012 , 10:07 AM | #64
How coulc a dps meter be used in a wrong way?? LMFAO!! you guys are absolutely hilarious

ntoday
01.15.2012 , 11:12 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by wykratos View Post
If you are wanting dps meters so bad, how about they just set up a training station some where in the universe where you could go and try out your rotations on dummies like in WOW and see how to maximize your dps capabilities. But the side part of that is that the DPS meter would not work outside of that center so you could not compare or use it to hender people from being able to join for flashpoints or multi-player instances.
This.

No need for interrupts, you can see them. No need for avoidable dmg, you can see it. No need for healing meters, because they usually don't tell you anything when plainly looking at HPS. And I don't expect to be able to analyse data of a whole fight to find healspikes and so on.
Endgame on hardmode and nightmare (and even HC Flashpoints without gear) is heavily DPS based. If you fail to execute a correct rotation -> enrage -> wipe. I can't say that this is fun for anybody.

And whoever is crying because of DPS checks: Not needed for HC flashpoints or normal operations. And if they still demand it, don't even bother joining