Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Addons/Additions we NEED

Securius
12.23.2011 , 03:00 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
1. Dps meters - There needs to be a way to track dps. I'm not a math genius, so I can't keep track of the numbers as they fly by the screen and clock them into a spreadsheet for a 5 minutes span to see what my optimal rotation is. You can't figure out your full potential if you can't see your results.

2. Action bars - I have 2 in the middle, the 2 at the side are useless, why can't I just drag them to the center?! I use keybinds, but I've gotten so used to be able to actually see my spells without having to strain my neck to look over at them, that it's ubearable.

3. "Doodads" - This game is heavily based on the story/RP factor, yet...we can't sit in chairs? I have no drinking animation? There are no chat bubbles?

4.Global cooldowns - The GCD of all spells really needs to be lowered a little. If I'm not mistaken it's at a full second right now. It makes the combat choppy, when it wouldn't be otherwise. Lower it to .5 or even .75. Also, on a sidenote, my personal experience with spell that do not share GCD (interrupts/cooldowns spells), is that they just simply do not go off the first...second...or even third time I click them. I have to click like a lunatic to get it to even go off. I would have all these keybound btw, but my mouse is also apparently incompatable with the game.

Edit: 5. Target of target. There is far too much going on in any given group encounter that I can't possibly keep track of whether a mob is facing me or not, let alone if he is attacking me. I don't understand why this wasn't put in...I just don't.

TL;DR: I love the game, best pre-end game mmo experience I've ever had. However, if it's going to last, it is my PERSONAL opinion that it needs the above 5 changes.

1. Adding a Recount or Skada style meter would probably be beneficial. Even casual players would benefit from finding ways to "become a hero". Maximizing heals, damage, threat generation, or being able to help someone by seeing their numbers a bit lower would benefit a lot of people. In any content, there is always a minimum amount of performance required to clear. I have already seen a lvl 20 in BT killing slower than a lvl 15. Problem?

2. Biggest thing I hate about the action bars is I almost feel like we could use another, but also that the map/quest log often covers part of the right action bar. This can be rather lethal in those last minute situations. ZOMG> My blaster jammed type thing.

3. More animations might be nice, but you can sit...just not on all chairs.

4. I haven't had a problem with the GCD yet, but that may just be me.

5. Thanks for this thread. Lotta cool imput here.
"Your greatest opponent is you--conquer your own petty thoughts and none can stand before you."

Ghalleonausa
12.23.2011 , 03:09 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
DPS meters also have the chance of someone using them the wrong way. If the DPS meter is for you only and no one else then okay but if it has the ability for someone else to use them then no. I've known people that use that to be rude and mean to people because they didn't "measure" up to their standards and that is wrong.
/agree with this person, too many people using dps meters to criticise and tell players "you suck", wow was terrible with that, people just looking to have fun playing a game should not have to choose between being berated by strangers or quiting.
Just my opinion.

Ghalleonausa
12.23.2011 , 03:11 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by NoxiousAlby View Post
Couldnt agree more, players have become so lazy in recent years. Constantly people cry how easy something is and that difficulty needs to be tweaked, yet when playing their characters is a challenge all they do is QQ for mods to make it easy.
and lets not even get started on the worst of the worst Gearscore.

Offended
12.23.2011 , 09:07 PM | #44
We are at needs v.s. wants

The only thing you need is mouse over targeting ability/macros and target of target.

everything else is a want.

Perkunas
12.23.2011 , 09:39 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghalleonausa View Post
/agree with this person, too many people using dps meters to criticise and tell players "you suck", wow was terrible with that, people just looking to have fun playing a game should not have to choose between being berated by strangers or quiting.
Just my opinion.
How about you not group with jerks? PROBLEM SOLVED!
||||||||||| The
||||||||||| Disgruntled
||||||||||| Lithuanian

"Hand of A'dal means he raided back when it was hard and he's better than you."

Skarecrowseven
12.23.2011 , 11:10 PM | #46
Don't need

Zierk
12.23.2011 , 11:24 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
1. Dps meters - There needs to be a way to track dps. I'm not a math genius, so I can't keep track of the numbers as they fly by the screen and clock them into a spreadsheet for a 5 minutes span to see what my optimal rotation is. You can't figure out your full potential if you can't see your results.

2. Action bars - I have 2 in the middle, the 2 at the side are useless, why can't I just drag them to the center?! I use keybinds, but I've gotten so used to be able to actually see my spells without having to strain my neck to look over at them, that it's ubearable.

3. "Doodads" - This game is heavily based on the story/RP factor, yet...we can't sit in chairs? I have no drinking animation? There are no chat bubbles?

4.Global cooldowns - The GCD of all spells really needs to be lowered a little. If I'm not mistaken it's at a full second right now. It makes the combat choppy, when it wouldn't be otherwise. Lower it to .5 or even .75. Also, on a sidenote, my personal experience with spell that do not share GCD (interrupts/cooldowns spells), is that they just simply do not go off the first...second...or even third time I click them. I have to click like a lunatic to get it to even go off. I would have all these keybound btw, but my mouse is also apparently incompatable with the game.

Edit: 5. Target of target. There is far too much going on in any given group encounter that I can't possibly keep track of whether a mob is facing me or not, let alone if he is attacking me. I don't understand why this wasn't put in...I just don't.

TL;DR: I love the game, best pre-end game mmo experience I've ever had. However, if it's going to last, it is my PERSONAL opinion that it needs the above 5 changes.
lol@wowplayers

This game only NEEDS two things really:

#1: Less people with an active WoW subscription.

#2 Less people from WoW trying to get Bioware to implement features to make it feel like WoW.
||▨╟╬∑|█ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)
"I will not falter, my hate knows no bounds."

Kiritan
12.23.2011 , 11:24 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by wykratos View Post
If you are wanting dps meters so bad, how about they just set up a training station some where in the universe where you could go and try out your rotations on dummies like in WOW and see how to maximize your dps capabilities. But the side part of that is that the DPS meter would not work outside of that center so you could not compare or use it to hender people from being able to join for flashpoints or multi-player instances.

I think this is a great option for the ones that want DPS meters. This would give people a controlled area to test out and work on their rotations. They could even add temporary free respecs while you are in this area to test out different builds. But when you leave the area you default back to your original build.

DPS meters are not needed. Good players and good guilds are going to down content without them. They are nothing more than a crutch for people to lean on or e-peen tools.

Zierk
12.23.2011 , 11:30 PM | #49
What ever happened to the days of making a group, killing bosses and being happy? I would love to see the people who have never played anything but WoW play a MMO from the late 90s/pre-WoW 2000s.... I'll even include MUDS to that as well.
||▨╟╬∑|█ ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)
"I will not falter, my hate knows no bounds."

Rochand
12.25.2011 , 04:55 AM | #50
I don't need to have people telling me that I'm only doing 100dps while they are doing 110dps.

I don't need to have a dps meter to tell me how to play the game. I play the game I want and I don't care if I do 10-30 less dps than someone else. Also most of my builds are defensive so I can take a hell of a beating before I go down.

You can have 1000dps, but those won't help you if you die in 1-2 hits
CE VIP
Bioware: Please address this issue. PvE players on PvE servers should NEVER be forced into PvP through the actions of greifers! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159167