Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Addons/Additions we NEED

RachelAnne
12.21.2011 , 08:41 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
DPS meters also have the chance of someone using them the wrong way. If the DPS meter is for you only and no one else then okay but if it has the ability for someone else to use them then no. I've known people that use that to be rude and mean to people because they didn't "measure" up to their standards and that is wrong.
Very well put!

Aslong people can decide if they want to be "measured-tracked" then go ahead and dl 1000 addons that play the game for you.

But as soon an addon user can insult someone else, because he has a number which he thinks is giving him the right to be rude --> NO!

NoxiousAlby
12.21.2011 , 08:45 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
NO WE DON'T

What you need is to actually develop more skill.
Couldnt agree more, players have become so lazy in recent years. Constantly people cry how easy something is and that difficulty needs to be tweaked, yet when playing their characters is a challenge all they do is QQ for mods to make it easy.

SubScene
12.21.2011 , 08:48 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
1. Dps meters - There needs to be a way to track dps. I'm not a math genius, so I can't keep track of the numbers as they fly by the screen and clock them into a spreadsheet for a 5 minutes span to see what my optimal rotation is. You can't figure out your full potential if you can't see your results.

2. Action bars - I have 2 in the middle, the 2 at the side are useless, why can't I just drag them to the center?! I use keybinds, but I've gotten so used to be able to actually see my spells without having to strain my neck to look over at them, that it's ubearable.

3. "Doodads" - This game is heavily based on the story/RP factor, yet...we can't sit in chairs? I have no drinking animation? There are no chat bubbles?

4.Global cooldowns - The GCD of all spells really needs to be lowered a little. If I'm not mistaken it's at a full second right now. It makes the combat choppy, when it wouldn't be otherwise. Lower it to .5 or even .75. Also, on a sidenote, my personal experience with spell that do not share GCD (interrupts/cooldowns spells), is that they just simply do not go off the first...second...or even third time I click them. I have to click like a lunatic to get it to even go off. I would have all these keybound btw, but my mouse is also apparently incompatable with the game.

Edit: 5. Target of target. There is far too much going on in any given group encounter that I can't possibly keep track of whether a mob is facing me or not, let alone if he is attacking me. I don't understand why this wasn't put in...I just don't.

TL;DR: I love the game, best pre-end game mmo experience I've ever had. However, if it's going to last, it is my PERSONAL opinion that it needs the above 5 changes.
i agree 100% there are some other issues as well,like pvp should be in brackets of some kind FOR SURE. but BIOWARE DO ALL THIS,and its not even huge changes either,so just listen to this and put it in your game FOR SURE.

mountains
12.21.2011 , 09:00 PM | #34
The whole "players who use addons must suck at the game!" spiel is pretty boring.

Personally, I'd kill for Power Auras. Built in, addon, I don't quite care. But let me customize how I can look at information.

Khoko
12.21.2011 , 10:53 PM | #35
I have to say the only things I found lacking are a third bottom row, or 4th, if I choose to enable it -- and most importantly ToT.. It would be nice to have movable frames, also.

Not seeing ToT or even ToToT in this game was very surprising to me. As a healer, I miss it as a source of information. As dps, it helps when things are visually hectic to not split dps and assist the tank properly. If that was enabled, dps meters would be even less relevant. Split dps, even if it's high dps , is still poor game play. Those that rely on topping meters only and not always using their abilities correctly and to the fullest potential usually will fail anyway.

Not being able to see buffs and debuffs accurately is a problem also. The bottom line is the UI is not healer friendly and often uncomfortable with inaccurate health bar info.

wykratos
12.21.2011 , 11:35 PM | #36
If you are wanting dps meters so bad, how about they just set up a training station some where in the universe where you could go and try out your rotations on dummies like in WOW and see how to maximize your dps capabilities. But the side part of that is that the DPS meter would not work outside of that center so you could not compare or use it to hender people from being able to join for flashpoints or multi-player instances.

dipstik
12.22.2011 , 03:53 PM | #37
think we need the raid map to not cover the right quickslots... unless i am unaware of beuing able to move it like we can the ops panel.

JeyKama
12.22.2011 , 04:04 PM | #38
The problem with not having dps meters (or even SOME way to measure your own damage) is that, for those who say they do great damage, how do you -know- you are doing great damage? You could be getting carried by the guy next to you and not even realize it! How do you know the guy next to you isn't just spamming auto-attack other than by observing nonstop? How do you know the healer next to you is healing the tank and not picking his nose (other than the tank dying)? How do you know he's not spamming too many inefficient heals? How do you know if the abilities you are using are optimal for taking things down?

Endgame, these are all important. I could care less about levelling up, since questing and low-level flashpoints are pretty easy for now, but at level cap when the only way to improve is by gear and l2p, the l2p part needs more than blind faith that the guy next to you knows what he's doing.

That being said, all I kinda want while levelling is a target of target display. And for the bank to autostack items. And a functional AH UI.

TalkingTail
12.23.2011 , 01:18 AM | #39
This may be a tad off topic, but can I just say that I find a lot of you entirely inconsiderate and rude in your responses? This is a discussion, not an argument.

Trading ideas is a good way for players to have fun, just like playing the game itself.

Please be at least civil. Plus calling each other names, etc. is not conducive to the forum environment nor is it useful.

Carry on.

ademnus
12.23.2011 , 01:21 AM | #40
the most common complaint on the forums is that flashpoints are too easy (which i disagree with, but thats what wow-heads are clamoring about) --so what do you need a dps meter for? To see how oobar you are?
translation
Will the owner of a gray Death Star please move your non-moon planet-killing spacestation? You're blocking a fire hydrant.