Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Addons/Additions we NEED

Dreamsinger
12.21.2011 , 03:37 PM | #11
I really only agree with a more customizable UI, target of target, and a personal DPS meter.
If this opens up to addons like WoW did we WILL end up with addon and DPS Nazi's. Lets hope Gearscore never finds it's way into the game, as it nearly ruined WoW.
There is a special place in Hell for Forum Flamers, right next Child Molesters and those who talk in the theatre.

Dillingyr
12.21.2011 , 03:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by rhinoplat View Post
no we don't

what you need is to actually develop more skill.
this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Geston
12.21.2011 , 04:02 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rhinoplat View Post
NO WE DON'T

What you need is to actually develop more skill.
I AGREE! We need more skill in doing the math equations of the dps that goes by the screen!
We need better understanding of how angles work so we know precisely what angle the mob will be at if he is to be attacking us.
Tanking isn't a role. It's a calling.

JLapp
12.21.2011 , 04:08 PM | #14
1. I just want a combat log so I can use it for myself. The numbers are on the screen so I see no reason why they can be throw into a chat window.

2. Would be useful. I've gotten use to what I have right now but being able to work with it a little more would be nice.

3. Don't really care.

4. No it doesn't. This messes with pretty much their entire system around balance and skill usage. Something like that is a major change and completely unnecessary.

5. I don't have a problem with the suggest...but you really have a problem determining who is getting attack? Maybe it is because I am a healer but in flashpoints I have no problem determining who is getting attacked by what.

FantasyMeister
12.21.2011 , 04:22 PM | #15
I'd like customisable icons for targetting mobs, so instead of Star, Moon, Flower, Bunnyrabbit or whatever symbols are currently in use, we could change them to things like 'Tank this', 'DPS this' 'Leave this alone' etc.
"Never underestimate the power of the Force. Or duct tape."

Snausage
12.21.2011 , 04:24 PM | #16
DPS Counters, "optimal rotations", and other min-maxing will do nothing but pull you out of the experience that Bioware has so painstakingly designed. It destroys immersion, and irritates those who may not be the most experienced MMO players.

Being measured and graded based on which skill tree you chose, or the pace at which you decide to play the game turns a role playing game into a mindless button masher. To make the inevitable comparison: World of Warcraft became progressively less fun with every new statistical addon (Recount, Gearscore, etc)
F I S T U L A
Sith Sorcerer
Space Slug (PVE)

nersbud
12.21.2011 , 05:34 PM | #17
My only request is for a target of target frame, I noticed this was abscent immediately when I joined a group for the first time.

Personal meters would be nice, but not 100% nessesary.

Zorke
12.21.2011 , 05:46 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Snausage View Post
DPS Counters, "optimal rotations", and other min-maxing will do nothing but pull you out of the experience that Bioware has so painstakingly designed. It destroys immersion, and irritates those who may not be the most experienced MMO players.

Being measured and graded based on which skill tree you chose, or the pace at which you decide to play the game turns a role playing game into a mindless button masher. To make the inevitable comparison: World of Warcraft became progressively less fun with every new statistical addon (Recount, Gearscore, etc)
You obviously have not made it very far in the game. This game isn't like other MMO's, endgame is challenging. Calling min/maxing a character "mindless button mashing" just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the "be more skilled" comments, that doesn't even make sense. I ask for meters to min/max and a customizable UI to change around the current awkward mess that we have. How is that me being unskillful?

Also, as has been known since their release, the only people that don't like damage meters are the people who suck at them. You got kicked out of your WoW guild because you suck, don't blame the meters for it.

Destineylegend
12.21.2011 , 06:18 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorke View Post
You obviously have not made it very far in the game. This game isn't like other MMO's, endgame is challenging. Calling min/maxing a character "mindless button mashing" just goes to show you have no idea what you're talking about.

As for the "be more skilled" comments, that doesn't even make sense. I ask for meters to min/max and a customizable UI to change around the current awkward mess that we have. How is that me being unskillful?

Also, as has been known since their release, the only people that don't like damage meters are the people who suck at them. You got kicked out of your WoW guild because you suck, don't blame the meters for it.
I can add to this, I don't particularly like damage meters, but I'm usually at the very top of the list in damage, so for me I'm the complete opposite of what you are saying, not everyone who hates the damage meter sucks at them, I'm at the top and I never get taken by anyone, the only addon I would like is really target of target, I always seem to attack the things the tank isn't attacking, so it would help in the long run, and a more customizable UI is always good.
"Trash gets treated like trash!"-Ulquiorra Schiffer in response to the Jedi Order

Rochand
12.21.2011 , 06:20 PM | #20
A 3rd quickbar for skills would be nice to have.
CE VIP
Bioware: Please address this issue. PvE players on PvE servers should NEVER be forced into PvP through the actions of greifers! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=159167