Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kingpin Bounty Reward....?

Felkroth
08.14.2013 , 11:06 PM | #1
So I put in the time to do 5 bounty hunter missions on 5 different toons. Sent the completed tokens back to my main, and did the Kingpin.

I figured the reward would be a bit better for it. It was basically exactly what you get for doing a solo mission.

I was let down and underwhelmed -_-

KarmaForce
08.14.2013 , 11:15 PM | #2
I was pissed. The reputation gear isn't all that great. Just more uniclass gear and everything is soo expensive I won't even bother buying any of it. I like where the prices are at on the Gree event.. Reputation gear is like a reward when we unlock it and we shouldn't get slapped in the face with such a large price tag.

AshlaBoga
08.14.2013 , 11:21 PM | #3
It's a way to stagger the content out, and to encourage people to group up - but if they want people to group up then they need to buff the Crime Lords.

Undertuning the Crime Lords means you can solo the entire event. The Rakghoul and Gree event both required grouping to get 100% completion (2 of the Rakghoul Event Bosses were 50 and it's impossible to solo Xenoanalyst).
They need to buff the Crime Lords. Maybe increases the health by 50% and dps by 20%? That should make it more on par with a Heroic 2+ rather than merely a 2.5 minute fight.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

DarthMaulUK
08.14.2013 , 11:22 PM | #4
Yup. I was like 'is that it?!!!!!' Where is the 'Hunt', where do you actually feel like a Bounty Hunter? Instead its yet another generic scripted fetch quest sugar coated in a 'Bounty Hunt' Week. VERY disappointing.

And for those who didn't know - this is how Star Wars Galaxies handled Bounty Hunting.

Visit Terminal. Accept one mission from several. Insert DNA in to your Probe Droid. Send Probe off into the galaxy. Wait approx 5 minutes

Droid returns with information that target is on planet X. Board ship, get yourself to planet X.

Send out up to 3 smaller seeker droids to pin point EXACT location. They report back with location. Jump on Speeder, head to shuttle port or on your mount(depending on distance) to track down target - HUNT BEGINS.

Now because you had the choice to hunt either NPCs or actual real players, it made it lots of fun, because most of the time, the group(who your target most likely is in) would also be looking out for Bounty Hunters. As a BH, you would need to use all your tricks to track down and then finally kill your target. Probably one of the BEST features in an MMO I have seen.

Whilst I applaud Biowares attempt to offer something new, yet again its just another fetch quest without any real hunting.

Cmon Bioware, is this really the best you can do?
to strive to seek, to find. And not to yield.

Samoth_Nomad
08.14.2013 , 11:26 PM | #5
Gotta admit, it seems like the legacy titles from this event are the best reward out of all of it.

ekimmak
08.14.2013 , 11:31 PM | #6
So, what, you were expecting weekly level rewards?

Might I point out that you found an exploit for it before the day was even over?
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

Felkroth
08.14.2013 , 11:39 PM | #7
An exploit? What did I do?

Akow
08.15.2013 , 01:05 AM | #8
I did this over the day, to get 5 of them to do a kingpin and is how I feel about the reward .
I didn't expect a Epic reward , but to get the same thing as the solo quest just killed me.
At least have the Kingpin boss have a chance to drop something good . So, my whole
day of doing these was about Rep and that's it . So, what was this great rewards for doing these they spoke of? Because buying rep armor/weapons/pets etc isn't a reward to me .

NogueiraA
08.15.2013 , 01:51 AM | #9
I'm not doing the event:
1 - crap armor sets. I want a Jedi/Sith robe armor set.
2 - too expensive items.
3 - Too much travel, I hate travel in this game.

Lunafox
08.15.2013 , 02:09 AM | #10
Agreed, it was a major let down. I'm not sure Ill even bother with the kingpins, after doing the one I did. Or I might just do one a month til I have them all done once, and then forget about them.

Honestly it's not a race, I'll get the rep eventually, and tbh, none of the 'prizes' are worth it, and like I said in my thread, they're bloody expensive for what they are.
Check out my novel! ETERNITY AWAITS