Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty contracs week - Do you ever listen to our feedback on PTS?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bounty contracs week - Do you ever listen to our feedback on PTS?!

dscount
08.14.2013 , 11:50 AM | #11
While I agree with Dulfy they did make some changes they also didn't listen to most.

PTS as someone stated before has always been a "What's broken" and most of it's still going to move forward AS-IS no matter how much feedback we provide.

Kind of why I've slowed my level of support of PTS feedback. It never went anywhere.
Reference Link: Why bother? Folks dropping sub's like flys lately. http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Suggestions to Bioware: Release "REAL" Sub rewards list.

Icebergy
08.14.2013 , 11:51 AM | #12
I have done four different planets on four different characters:

Ord Mantel, took less than 10 mins to get all the Shady Characters.
Voss, took less than 2 mins to get all the Shady Characters.
Alderaan, took less than 2 mins to get all the Shady Characters.
DK, took less than 2 mins to get all the Shady Characters.

I don't see a problem.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

tman_ac
08.16.2013 , 04:21 AM | #13
That's just to funny:

Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post

Patch Notes:

Bounty Contract Week
  • An issue affecting the spawn rate of Shady Characters has been corrected. The respawn rate of Shady Characters has been increased significantly.
  • The “information” count required to advance Bounty Contract missions has been reduced to 4 (from 5).

Actually I don't know why they haven't done this before the event started. At least they are listening now.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

DarthAcacius
08.16.2013 , 04:34 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post

I don't see a problem.
ill be honest, im with you on that one mate, longest amount of time i've spent looking for and gathering my information for henchmen has been about 10 to 12 mins, and thats over 9 characters twice over.

and to the guy who said there are only 3 per instance, really wrong there mate, dk alone has 12 that i know of, with a soon to be faster respawn time

jankiel
08.16.2013 , 04:42 AM | #15
While I agree that this was poorly made I didn't have any problems with getting my bounties. There are more then 3 in an instance. I've tried Ord Mantell,Tatooine, Nar Shadaa and Voss. The only places that are overcrowded are probably the starter planets.

Stoofa
08.16.2013 , 04:50 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post

I don't see a problem.
I'm going to have to agree with you really.
So over the two days (not including today) the event has been running I've run 11 bounties. Only Hutta caused me any kind of "real delay" as I was there about 15-20 minutes collecting the information, and even then I suddenly noticed there were some shady characters outside of the cantina which nobody was camping - so could have completed a lot sooner.

Eanelinea
08.16.2013 , 05:19 AM | #17
I haven't really had a problem either. I've done this event for two days in a row now on 15 characters each day. I've already unlocked 6 kingpin contracts and even leveled my two lower level toons. Day one I went to Hutta and that was a nightmare, but when I discovered it didn't matter WHAT planet you went to, the 'boss' spawn was random, I even finished my 'boss-dead/alive' for each one and got all that. Once I open all the kingpin contracts, that will be the only thing I have left to do take them in and kill them on the spot.

Though I DO agree with the others. The next event you guys decide to do, it would be great if there is an instance for the items. Whether it's group based or soloable by anyone, instancing the events make it where more players want to do the events because they don't have to fight with 200 other players doing the exact same event.

A major example would be the Chevon event. People were grabbing boxes left and right, making it almost impossible to finish it because you couldn't get the tokens needed or the required number of boxes needed to finish the quest.

Keep the events coming, bioware! Just rethink how you do them.
KOTFE Companion romance love letters. THE FEELS!!

Click my referral link to get free rewards.

Blackardin
08.16.2013 , 05:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
I am just curious, everyone who tested (including me) the Event on the PTS told you to place more shady customers on the planets and/or lower the cooldown on them to something like 5 seconds.

Everyone with a common sense should have see it coming that on the live servers it is hardly possible to get them.

If you never listen to your players I do not see why I should still test patches on the PTS. Makes no sense.

my2pence
This is why they should never jump to follow up on player complaints.

There is no problem with the spawns, or the event. There is a problem with the players in that far too many are going to hutta, overloading the place, cutting each other's throats, then complaining about the event.

Almost all of the other planets are almost empty. I'm finishing mine in about 10 mins per character.
May the Schwartz be with you....

Blackardin
08.16.2013 , 05:25 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
That's just to funny:

Actually I don't know why they haven't done this before the event started. At least they are listening now.
Because it was, and still is, not necessary.
May the Schwartz be with you....

tman_ac
08.16.2013 , 07:31 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackardin View Post
Because it was, and still is, not necessary.
You have to realize that this Event is as well meant to be for low levels. And the shady contact stays level 15 no matter if you are lvl 15, 30 or 55. What I have seen is when the shady doesnt give out the info on a nice way and wants to fight you, a lvl 55 can just "steal" it from the lvl 15 guy cause he oneshots it. So that dropped info is for the 55 who actually did not interact with it.

And according to these thoughts, it is just normal that places like Hutta, Ord Mantell, Dromund Kaas and Coruscant have a more heavy load than the others cause low levels can only access these contracts.

Hope you get what I mean.
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress