Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Bounty contracs week - Do you ever listen to our feedback on PTS?!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Bounty contracs week - Do you ever listen to our feedback on PTS?!

tman_ac
08.14.2013 , 06:44 AM | #1
I am just curious, everyone who tested (including me) the Event on the PTS told you to place more shady customers on the planets and/or lower the cooldown on them to something like 5 seconds.

Everyone with a common sense should have see it coming that on the live servers it is hardly possible to get them.

If you never listen to your players I do not see why I should still test patches on the PTS. Makes no sense.

my2pence
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

ImpactHound
08.14.2013 , 06:49 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post

my2pence
Well there's the problem, queencoins don't work in Texas. 'MURRICA!

Iwipe
08.14.2013 , 06:54 AM | #3
Well to be fair, they did change some things on the PTS due to our feedback

1) Failure rate on the shady character is alot lower than on the initial version on the PTS.

2) They made it so Completed Bounty Contacts are tradeable but at same time reduced the unlocking reward from purple rep to blue rep

But yes, the Shady characters could use a short respawn cooldown.

CommanderKeeva
08.14.2013 , 07:32 AM | #4
Also, it would be very nice if the bosses became immune to damage at 10% for like 5 seconds to prevent other players killing your mark when you want to capture it.

It happened to me a few times today, guess it was my fault for going to low level planets first, but it was still pretty annoying.
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?

Arlon_Nabarlly
08.14.2013 , 07:34 AM | #5
Honestly by the time somethings on the PTS I don't think their looking for suggestions on changes. All they are really looking for a that point is if anything is broken. While they may be poorly thought out I wouldn't call them broken.

ZETA_SCORPII
08.14.2013 , 07:38 AM | #6
Well I have been looking forward to this event and it is totally messed up!!! I'm so pissed at how poorly this and the new daily sections have been implemented that I don't want to give the devs anymore money, and I have always said that I will sub for life, not after this horrible design!! Thanks for ruining 2 new events devs!

KarethRiker
08.14.2013 , 08:14 AM | #7
Ok honestly I really like the concept behind the event. So what you did well was allow choices for our characters between light and dark side and kill/capture with fight/inebriate. The story behind the bounties are good too. I like the boss fights and the was fun revisiting some older planets.

However as mentioned the shady customers need to be rethought. 5 instances areas around the planet would be much better and help us keep our sanity. If you prefer to try and generate open pvp then just put three times the number of shady customers per area and add more shady customer areas while lowering the spawn time. Bosses need to be instanced as well, these are going to be a huge problem during prime time.

These changes would actually make people likely to play more instead of being frustrated and allow us to enjoy the event.

I would also suggest a similar concept for the dessler explorer, make it instanced with a large ops group needed and a hard fight with a once per week limit (so more like the red sphere) ala dreadtooth 5 stacks.

Anyway love the game, not going anywhere, but will be happier with changes like these and more likely to actually partake in the event with a change like this.
Kareth Kalzeth Kairieth Karzeth Karyeth
Kelschuz Staccia Karjeth Karxeth
The Last Centurions - The Harbinger

TUXs
08.14.2013 , 09:00 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CommanderKeeva View Post
Also, it would be very nice if the bosses became immune to damage at 10% for like 5 seconds to prevent other players killing your mark when you want to capture it.

It happened to me a few times today, guess it was my fault for going to low level planets first, but it was still pretty annoying.
Good suggestion - just a shield that comes on for a few seconds.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

ibervang
08.14.2013 , 09:12 AM | #9
Just another retarded implemention. I think they actualy try to come up with ways so we have to grind for ages, just to gain a little. WAAAAYYYY, to many players as to shady people. I have interacted with 1 now, and of course i didnt get it. God forbid something should drop right away, so we shouldn't grind for hours.
*sigh*

kingzod
08.14.2013 , 09:26 AM | #10
The re-spawn timer on these shady characters is ridiculously short and there are groups of 15 players waiting to claim just one of them. And there's only 3 of them in an instance...?!? At least the other events you could finish....this one was poorly thought out. Bioware should really listen to the people on the PTS as this was a problem then.