Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What is the point of everything...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Andryah
08.13.2013 , 09:20 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by MillionsKNives View Post
I think you mean to copy the Xbox, which created this whole achievement craze.
Indeed.

Why else would xbox players pay to be online? To compare epeen.

This by the way is a great example of how one segment of consumer gaming influences another. And many people pretend that MMOs are an isolated domain of play and design... but they are not. Bigger consumer segments influence MMOs more every day... because players come to the MMOs an then demand the MMOs embrace what is done in other consumer gaming segments. This is precisely how flexible access business models have proliferated in the MMO genre.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Oxades
08.13.2013 , 09:30 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
I'm disappointed by the misleading title, I was expecting a deep philosophical discussion about the meaning of existence. /pout
Were you looking for something like “Meaningless! Meaningless! Says the Teacher. Utterly meaningless! Everything is meaningless. What do people gain from all their labors at which they toil under the sun? Generations come and generations go, but the earth remains forever.” Ecclesiastes ver. 2-4

ImpactHound
08.13.2013 , 10:51 AM | #33
Vagrant Story on PS1 had achievements a year before XBox Live came out.

MillionsKNives
08.13.2013 , 11:38 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpactHound View Post
Vagrant Story on PS1 had achievements a year before XBox Live came out.
There were games which had them before Xbox for sure, but it's hard to deny the impact that Xbox Achievements had on the industry. In a similar sense that there were also MP3 players before the iPod too.

LordArtemis
08.13.2013 , 12:20 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by iankalo View Post
To have fun , but without armory that is imposible.
That is your opinion. By asking the question you are demonstrating it is your viewpoint. It is likely not everyone shares that viewpoint.

I personally do not think that armory would be a bad thing for personal use, but it obviously has a bad reputation as being abused in other games, and that is possibly why it is not seen here.....

Perhaps one day we will see it for personal use. It is my hope we do not see it for public view.

Ocho-Quatro
08.13.2013 , 12:25 PM | #36
Quote:

asked and answered.
TOROCast - Star Wars: The Old Republic's Longest Running Fan Podcast
Apos'trophe Sage - Apostrophé Scoundrel - Period Vanguard - Parentheses Shadow - Quotation Sentinel
Aster'isk Mercenary - Back'slash Assassin - Per'iod Operative
The Punctuation Legacy

LordArtemis
08.13.2013 , 12:35 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocho-Quatro View Post

asked and answered.
I knew that was going to show up sooner or later hehe.

chuixupu
08.13.2013 , 12:38 PM | #38
Thanks, now I know where to send my hate mail.

Actually, I blame Millennials.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

DorkTrooper
08.13.2013 , 12:46 PM | #39
If you like running dailies, run them. If you find personal satisfaction in chasing achievements, go for it. If not, run flashpoints, pvp, play the gtn, get datacrons, open up maps, collect cartel junk, or whatever it is you do actually enjoy doing.

TUXs
08.13.2013 , 12:47 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by iankalo View Post
What is the point of these dayli missions ? You gain reputation from them , but whats the point of this reputation , when you dont get achievment for max rep ? Yeah , you can buy some rep items but there is nothing interesting. What is the point of doing anything in this game when you dont have armory ? Ok , I`ll do everything ingame and get 30+ achievment points. Who will know about this ? How can I share this with my friends without armory page? Even in the Star Wars lore , everything is spinning around the idea of being powerful and great. THe point of the sith lords existance is to get more power and become the most powerful being in the galaxy. So , we want to gain ingame power through doing all the achievments. But how can we compare to others , if there is no armory ?
Sith Lords?! Are you looking for the RP forum? The point of this game is to provide you entertainment - for 1-hour or 12. There's really no deeper meaning. There's no winner or looser at the end of the game...it's just something to provide you entertainment, much like a movie would.
All warfare is based on deception If his forces are united, separate them If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near A leader leads by example not by force

My referral code: here (what you get here)