Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer a friend problem

elidion
08.12.2013 , 06:50 PM | #1
I sent a referral to my brother in law who has been unsubscribed for over a year and a half, and after clicking the link he said it just looked like the normal welcome screen after logging in. Once he clicked the link again it told him he was ineligible...I assumed it might be because it worked the first time so it wasn't going to register it a second time. So he tried to transfer his character to the server I play on, since the refer a friend is supposed to come with 1 free transfer, and it still prompted him to pay the 1,800 Cartel Coins for the transfer. When I check my refer status there is nothing there, he doesn't want to sub until he can try the game out again. Is there something special he needs to do? He is still downloading the game so I made an in game ticket in case that would help. How is one supposed to get the free transfer?

Thanks

elidion
08.13.2013 , 09:26 AM | #2
So called customer service with my friend and after about an hour and a half of talking, being escalated around we were pretty much told there was nothing they can do but that Bioware is "investigating" the issue and it will hopefully be resolved shortly.

Eggseggseggs
08.13.2013 , 09:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by elidion View Post
So called customer service with my friend and after about an hour and a half of talking, being escalated around we were pretty much told there was nothing they can do but that Bioware is "investigating" the issue and it will hopefully be resolved shortly.
Your not the only one that had this issue. I sent in my ticket four days ago about the Referring players issue and they deleted it today. This just goes to show how people are treated. We are all just a number.

elidion
08.14.2013 , 02:26 PM | #4
I just got my in game ticket response

"08/14/2013 - SWTOR CSR: Greetings Elidion,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the refer a friend program and Free Character Transfers

We are sorry for any confusion, however the refer a friend program is only for new players so if your friend has an account or has played before, he will not be eligible."

Ticket closed. lol What a joke these guys have no idea what is going on.