Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Kamansus
08.14.2013 , 09:34 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Sammennn View Post
Didn't you say 2.4 was supposed to be a PVP patch?

You're going backwards, you're removing decent content instead of improving it....
Does cloning normal WZs with a 8 man queue and giving out ranked comms from it even count as decent content? At least they're putting all new stuff in.

And I really don't understand why people are annoyed at RWZs going. They barely happened before, and they'll never happen after 4v4 arenas. People just don't like any change, they could probably magically remove ping from the game and people would complain about missing that "feeling of weight on using abilities".

Hodsy
08.14.2013 , 09:35 AM | #42
Hi Alex.

Could you comment on the possibility of cross server PVP ques.

Also in the blog post it showed a new Hutt ball map. Could you confirm or deny wether or not we will also get new objective maps added in or after 2.4?

Thank you for your blog post and support.

MisterBlackJack
08.14.2013 , 09:35 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by jediluck View Post
Don't you mean the 4v4 ones? There aren't any new 8v8 maps coming as far as I know. But yes, it seems they are all come in 2.4
There's a new huttball map coming
THE FORCE FIGHTS WITH ME.....IN THE C.E. V.I.P LOUNGE

dankat
08.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #44
Not a PVPer, but this is more than I expected. New Warzone Arenas look really fleshed out, and it looks like Ranked Progression may finally begin to matter. Also, making new Huttball maps is a fantastic thing, it is your best Warzone, and it is good to know you aren't giving up on 8v8 Warzones, and you also plan to lessen the restrictions on Free Players. Good on you BioWare.
Damn the fool who said history doesn't repeat itself, he clearly was not talking about MMOS.

Maelael
08.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #45
I'm sad to see ranked warzones go. I'm kinda enjoying them, as it really tests the strength of the individual and the group, as opposed to who you get grouped with you randomly determining a win or loss.

-If the test server finds that certain builds or classes are unwanted for Arenas, do you plan to address that?
-I may have read this wrong, but since arenas are being queued by roles, is there the possibility to have normal warzones queue by roles?
-In your testing with the toxic gas, has anyone been able to send in a group of tank build sins, and wait it out at the center, and beat other classes by sheer HP amount and knocking the other team back into the gas?
There is no ignorance; there is knowledge. There is no fear; there is power.
I am the heart of the Force. I am the revealing fire of light. I am the mystery of darkness.
In balance with chaos and harmony, Immortal in the Force.

Descent
08.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #46
Will there be any Arena specific rewards, titles,etc.? I.e. gaining a certain rating will unlock a title?
Bvlgari // Lanvin // Roederer
// Sponsored By Karagga //

cycao
08.14.2013 , 09:37 AM | #47
So am I understanding this right?

If you queue solo or with a group of 4 (no other grouping size like 2 or 3?) you will be put in either a non ranked 8v8 or arena unless you queue solo or grouped ranked arenas?

I just want to know I got this figured out because a huge debate has been raging on since launch about premades having a huge advantage in the regular queue now it would seem that if 4 solo v a 4 man group in a arena will only add fuel to that fire.

AlexModny
08.14.2013 , 09:38 AM | #48 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by theblaznee View Post
Will we be able to respec while waiting for the zone to begin? Possible screwing up balance?
No respecs while in a Warzone or while in the PvP queue.

Will the arenas use the same brackets? 10-29, 30-54 and 55?
Yes, same brackets.

Combat res? What will be done? Commando dps will have a huge asset there.
Combat resurrections will not be allowed in Warzone Arenas.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Araco
08.14.2013 , 09:38 AM | #49
Will there be any sort of Class balance before the Arena's are implemented?
can somebody pls explain how ewok's defeated the empire?

Winguardian
08.14.2013 , 09:38 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
The (spherical) gas cloud slowly moves in on the center of the Arena and once it closes into the center it will cover the whole playing field until the round is over.
Any comment on my other points? Would be greatly appriciated but I understand you're not at liberty to speak on some of those points because you're not allowed to.
Pubs
Wingardium | Winguardian | Prætorian | Seldenseen
Imps
Battousai'ken | Winsparkium | Antæus | Eikichi | Wingàrdium