Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yndras
08.15.2013 , 04:44 PM | #421
Hey,

Could i get a few questions answered please. It is becoming apparent that the arena is going to consist of a group of 4 poeple and that This group can consist of any 4 players at any given time.

My question is, how are you going to be able to determine who is the season winner? Without a team based structure there is really no point competing in the season.

Once you get a high enough rank then i guess you just opt out of anymore games??

Yay we have 4v4 warzones. But this is not ranked if the underlying and underpining ranking system and competition structure is not in place. What is there to keep people queuing? Do you have to do a certain number of games each week to maintain your rank? Why have you not mentioned any of this in your blogs? How long exactly is the pre-season going to be?

This is looking more and more like 8v8 ranked -4 and less like an organised attempt at making a decent ranking game/competition.
Layda, Sentinel - Hoarus, Scoundrel
Bandeeto, Mercenary

MasterFeign
08.15.2013 , 05:09 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by NadirPalo View Post
interesting comp...
pt/sorc/merc/musco?

whats a musco and when can I roll one?
My thought as well. Must be one of those rare 40/40/40 specs

Looks like I'll be there as well!

Siphorus
08.15.2013 , 05:55 PM | #423
THANK GOD THEY ARE USING A POWERTECH. I hope to god they will see what a horrible place powertechs are in for PVP. I hope to god that powertech gets crushed so they see how bad powertechs are.
Deft - The bastion

MasterFeign
08.15.2013 , 06:07 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by Siphorus View Post
THANK GOD THEY ARE USING A POWERTECH. I hope to god they will see what a horrible place powertechs are in for PVP. I hope to god that powertech gets crushed so they see how bad powertechs are.
It may just be a tank, and they're not too bad in pvp at all.

Siphorus
08.15.2013 , 07:07 PM | #425
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
It may just be a tank, and they're not too bad in pvp at all.
lol u obviously dont pvp... I just love sitting at 3400 rwz rating and being perma benched because my class sucks so much.
Deft - The bastion

irojoz
08.15.2013 , 07:31 PM | #426
lol u obviously dont pvp... I just love sitting at 3400 rwz rating and being perma benched because my class sucks so much.
lol deft with 3400 rating...lol
game is hard
2ez4rtz

MasterFeign
08.15.2013 , 07:32 PM | #427
You've said that in 3 (and counting) threads so far, what's your point? And as someone else pointed out in another thread, all tanks have a different "feel". I've played with and against plenty PT tanks, and even dueled a few. You should switch from your dps stance and try it for yourself...

MidichIorian
08.15.2013 , 07:37 PM | #428
I just want to know how BW got a hold of my work schedule. They've been trolling me since day one by scheduling every event/patch/team vs player night on my work days.

I'm a sad panda but at the same time I have to appreciate the burn.

Lecto
08.15.2013 , 07:51 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post

You can only play Ranked as a premade 4-player team or a 1 person solo grouped with and going against other solo players. The two do not mix.
Okay....I read everything posted so far....& I suppose I didn't pose an actual question. My question is this, as a healer solo Qing will I ever get the chance to play 8v8 when this patch goes live? As you might well know NO ONE plays heals, & as a result we healers are in short supply. Does this mean the GF is always going to force me into 4v4 in order to balance teams.....not my idea of a good time personally.
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join Clan "Thunder Paw" today!!
Follow me on Twitter: @Lecto10

Trimack
08.15.2013 , 07:54 PM | #430
I don't know if this was stated before, but if you have a system that distinguishes between levels when entering wz's (55, 50-54, etc) why is this not implemented for ranked ratings? I see this as being a major reason why many pvp'ers don't group for ranked. Eventually a high ranking team learns (through general chat or whatever) that people are queuing and end up dominating every match, which makes some frustrated and want to quit (for reasons like not wanting to spend 2+hours grinding for Ranked comms or for those rating huggers that are too afraid too lose points in their rating) You could even have the rating groups overlap a little so that it will still be possible to fall from grace, as it were. For example,a group of 0 - 2000 rating would have a possibility of queuing with a 2000 - 3000 group if all the players in the 0 - 2000 group were above the 1800 or 1900 rating. Or the opposite, 2000 - 3000 players might get in a game with 0 - 2000 players if everyone in the group has under 2200 or 2100 rating.

Anyway just a thought so you don't have to eliminate 8 vs 8.