Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

funkiestj
08.15.2013 , 11:54 AM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Thats a great way to devalue competitive PvP....

There is no risk vs reward. Unless you can earn greater rewards in the Group queue than in the Solo queue.
I always read your posts because you have a high signal to noise ratio but the above is nonsense. The reason you queue 4-man vs solo is because it is more fun to play with your buddies who are in voice chat, not because the in game rewards (commendations, XP, credits) are greater for one mode vs the other.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

idnewton
08.15.2013 , 11:56 AM | #402

There is no risk vs reward. Unless you can earn greater rewards in the Group queue than in the Solo queue.
Forcing groups to play groups instead of grouping against pugs = devaluing pvp? Get lost, scrub.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

DkSharktooth
08.15.2013 , 12:07 PM | #403
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
More on this at a later time, we've got something special planned
http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3opuow/ In PvP

DkSharktooth
08.15.2013 , 12:10 PM | #404

Rewards will be announced after Season 1 starts but to tease yall, they are unique and make me very happy!
Can you comment on what rating is needed for the rewards so we can rush to obtain it before they go out?

funkiestj
08.15.2013 , 12:11 PM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by MeRRR View Post
Expect to see plenty of people queuing up and going afk, or deliberately getting killed, just to farm comms.... should be lots of fun to queue solo.
if you queue rated and put forth a reasonable effort you will not be playing with or against these folks. DUCY?

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DarthVengeant
08.15.2013 , 12:35 PM | #406
DO away with the gas cloud crap and we are good. That will RUIN the entire thing.

Chickensevil
08.15.2013 , 12:48 PM | #407

Works amazingly well for LOL (League of Legends)... which aside from having the epeen meter of your individual rank offers no other reward... At. All.

They have a 5v5 rank, a 3v3 rank, and a solo queue rank. If a game that is entirely focused around pvp seems to do just fine with that model, why is this a bad thing again?
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Heezdedjim
08.15.2013 , 12:49 PM | #408

Warzone Arena matches can be Empire vs Republic, Empire vs Empire or Republic vs Republic.
So, if 8 Empire players queue for solo ranked, and 1 Republic player also queues, will the Republic player get stuck on the bench for hours while the matchmaker puts the 8 Empire players into E v. E matches over and over, or is it allowed to mix sides on the same team, to make sure everyone in the queue gets a match?

cycao
08.15.2013 , 12:49 PM | #409
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
DO away with the gas cloud crap and we are good. That will RUIN the entire thing.
How exactly?

LordArtemis
08.15.2013 , 01:17 PM | #410
I would still like an answer to the question about whether or not the pitfalls of a never ending balance crusade when Arena was added to other MMOs is going to be avoided in this game.

The only two ways I can see to avoid it is to either ignore imbalance in Arena OR make adjustments to a buff/debuff system that would apply only to Arena to correct imbalance.

Any changes to the overall game for the sake of Arena balance will likely turn out to be toxic and never ending.