Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Developer Update: Warzone Arenas

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Developer Update: Warzone Arenas
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ZirusZero
08.14.2013 , 09:18 AM | #21
Your removing 8v8 because you didn't support them enough? You should have realized that things like an endless pre-season and the lack of updates killed it. Had there been more support, more players would have queued.
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

AlexModny
08.14.2013 , 09:18 AM | #22 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by announcerharris View Post
Alex, a question about matchmaking - when queuing as a group of 4 for a ranked arena, will the system match you based on an average of your team's rating? The highest? Something else?
The average of your team's rating. In addition, if the matchmaker can't find a team close to your team's average rating the range of acceptable rating will slowly increase.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Abbrachmann
08.14.2013 , 09:19 AM | #23
I'm loving the changes. However, I do not think there will be a lot of upset players when losing 8v8 ranked. On most servers you have 3-6 teams queing at any given night. So you have maybe 40 players max doing ranked pvp; out of a server population of 1,000 or so plus. I don't know the exact number just seems like a smart idea on Bioware part to take it out!

However, my question is:
Will there be any type of cross server ranked ques as well, or will we be facing people on our server all the time? I can imagine the higher ranked players ;lets say 2400+ would be facing the same people over and over?
Fajfycx/Brajmahal/Abb'ster - Breakfast
RIP Bastion
Double Sorc is best comp

Nothematic
08.14.2013 , 09:19 AM | #24
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Hutball maps!

Sorry if this question comes accross as thick but I'm skim reading on my phone so I might have missed it. Are these arenas just for level 55 (ranked?) or are they going to be available as non-ranked/under 55 too?

Thanks Alex!
Enaico - 55 Sorcerer | Zaland - 32 Shadow |
Enairo - 41 Sentinel |
[TOMB OF FREEDOM NADD]

AlexModny
08.14.2013 , 09:20 AM | #25 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
So I take it your arena ranked queue options are either solo or in a group of 4...no groups of 2 or 3, correct?
Correct.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Yodawizard
08.14.2013 , 09:20 AM | #26
Will solo ranked Q and group ranked Q have separate ratings?

SithEBM
08.14.2013 , 09:21 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ZirusZero View Post
Your removing 8v8 because you didn't support them enough? You should have realized that things like an endless pre-season and the lack of updates killed it. Had there been more support, more players would have queued.
Apologize to the developers right now.

How dare you ask logical questions on the SWTOR forums.

ceelaniri
08.14.2013 , 09:21 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post
In addition to being matched by rating the match making system also determines the role of the character (DPS, Tank or Healer) and matches them with an analog of the same rank on the other team. This means that in the Ranked Solo queue you will always have a character of the same role for ones you have! :
Is this role selection working in the same way as the PVE Group Finder Tool where I as an Assault specced Vanguard can either queue as a Tank or a DPS or as a Commando Arsenal I can queue both as a Healer and a DPS.

Or will the selection be based on the current spec that I have slotted before clicking on the queueing button?

If the selection works like the PVE Group Finder Tool, how will this system ensure that selected Healer are genuine Healer, etc?
Masamoto Pentesilhea

Suryi
08.14.2013 , 09:23 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kamansus View Post
Maybe like a dozen? Assuming that those dozen care.

If you think RWZs were happening before you weren't paying attention, and once they add 4v4 ranked queues it would be a completely dead system. Removing them at this point is housecleaning.
You are a funny man with your ignorance. You're probably on one of the servers from which guilds transfered away to other servers where ranked was/is actually happening.
Nhilas - Combat Medic Commando

bannsider
08.14.2013 , 09:23 AM | #30
Meh new hutball is always nice

Anyways tell us more about 2.4 raiding