Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop the damm four man puzzles

Hexxas
08.11.2013 , 05:33 AM | #1
DEv team Stop making thouse goddamm 4 man puzzles , or atleast make it so you can
que up for thouse in Group finder , becouse as it is now it damm near impossible to find a group for

Shroud of the last stands

atm ive been trying to get a group for over an hour , people says it becouse thay cant help out !
#1 reason becouse they have completete it and cant push items that need to be pushed
#2 they stuck on a difrent part of the quest line

so mabee its time to rethink the puzzle system , so every one kan complete it and not just
people that have the luck to find a group for it !

Ansalem
08.11.2013 , 08:07 AM | #2
there are no such thing as puzzles in this game. I have yet to see one and Ive completed everything in game including all operations in nightmare mode. They simply dont exist.

Prototypemind
08.11.2013 , 08:53 AM | #3
There definitely are puzzles, most of the operations have some form or another, so as to that I'm not sure what you mean they don't exist.

DarknessInLight
08.11.2013 , 09:05 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
there are no such thing as puzzles in this game. I have yet to see one and Ive completed everything in game including all operations in nightmare mode. They simply dont exist.
Wait, so.....

The Infernal Pylons in Eternity Vault
G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator in Karagga's Palace
The Minefield/Colonel Vorgath in Explosive Conflict

are not Puzzles?

#confused
Jedi do not fight for Peace. That's only a slogan, and is as misleading, as slogans always are. Jedi fight for Civilization, because only Civilization creates Peace. - Jedi Master Mace Windu

Mowermanx
08.11.2013 , 11:04 AM | #5
Way to get off topic, though the OP itself is silly and badly worded.
Why even use the word puzzle? thats got nothing to do with your problem, the problem you are having, and many others, is now that its stale and old news, very few people are doing it and getting a group is very tough.
I warned the devs about this after the HK fiasco, its all good and well in the first few weeks, but months down the track and the bulk of the server has done it, its very hard to get groups to do any of the group orientated content, ala the flashpoints, searching for parts, and these heroics.
They really need to rethink this kind of content, the one-off stuff, that no one ever does again, its just a bad approach with not enough forethought.
My suggestion, and others have made it too, is to put any of these quests tied to these types of things in their own separate group-finder box with daily rewards that a lot of people want, like basic or elite comms daily, that way, long after the initial rush is over, a lot of people will still want to do these, and allow newer players that come along to get through these requirements without too much trouble.

Leafy_Bug
08.11.2013 , 11:59 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
Wait, so.....

The Infernal Pylons in Eternity Vault
G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator in Karagga's Palace
The Minefield/Colonel Vorgath in Explosive Conflict

are not Puzzles?

#confused

Don't remind me of fabricator. I think there are 10 people in the game who know how to do it and I am one of them. Even after a year and a half people still avoid the puzzle because its too difficult. . I had to do it as tank on the last HM we ran because nobody else know how to do it. *face palm*

Jeweledleah
08.11.2013 , 12:37 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
Don't remind me of fabricator. I think there are 10 people in the game who know how to do it and I am one of them. Even after a year and a half people still avoid the puzzle because its too difficult. . I had to do it as tank on the last HM we ran because nobody else know how to do it. *face palm*
but... its such an easy puzzle O_O i pretty much volunteer to do it whenever we run it. especially since on 8 man, you still only need one person since there's no button pushing debuff. it only gets annoying on 16 man where you have to coordinate 3 people.

that said.

dear bioware. creating 4 people required content that is NOT repeatable - is a bad BAD idea.
tacking it onto the end of a very long SOLO chain? is even worse idea.

HK wasn't so bad, because content that HAS to be 4 manned - is repeatable, and everything else can be soloed, especially at 55 (in fact, you don't even have to have full group for flashpoints at this point, it helps but not necessary, since nothing there requires 4 people) .
Aurora's canon is annoying but at least its fast and repeatable, and part of the weekly, so you can still find groups for it fairly well.

Shroud though? ugg.

why? just... why?

Brittaany_Banks
08.11.2013 , 01:55 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Hexxas View Post
DEv team Stop making thouse goddamm 4 man puzzles , or atleast make it so you can
que up for thouse in Group finder , becouse as it is now it damm near impossible to find a group for

Shroud of the last stands

atm ive been trying to get a group for over an hour , people says it becouse thay cant help out !
#1 reason becouse they have completete it and cant push items that need to be pushed
#2 they stuck on a difrent part of the quest line

so mabee its time to rethink the puzzle system , so every one kan complete it and not just
people that have the luck to find a group for it !

This is a quest gate so that you HAVE to take 4 people with you on these things. As levels increase, and gear increases the quests without these kinds of gating can be solo'd which is great for the high level player but not great for the low level player trying to get a group. This method ensures no matter what the gear, or level the players are that these weekly dailys requirements will be able to be completed.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

Jeweledleah
08.11.2013 , 02:38 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Brittaany_Banks View Post
This is a quest gate so that you HAVE to take 4 people with you on these things. As levels increase, and gear increases the quests without these kinds of gating can be solo'd which is great for the high level player but not great for the low level player trying to get a group. This method ensures no matter what the gear, or level the players are that these weekly dailys requirements will be able to be completed.
except shroud is not a weekly. its a one time 4 man LONG quest at the end of a very long chain of SOLO quests that is not repeatable.

that was a bad BAD idea. it practically insures that unless you are very VERy lucky, or have a group of friends who decided to run these quests together from the start (like I did) - you are not finishing that chain. probably ever.

honestly? I don't even like being forced to bring 4 people no matter how much I may overgear the content. you should want to group, not be forced to group. funny story. I've been soloing Torvix for a while now. and yet, there are still groups forming for it. you know why there are not as many groups forming for 4 man heroics on leveling planets? because they are out of the way annoying to get to.

Synavix
08.11.2013 , 04:22 PM | #10
I had honestly never gone back to do this quest, and did not realize you could not push parts of the puzzle without having the quest. That does seem like a horrible design. The quest itself is fine, and I actually really enjoyed it and will remember it as one of the few memorable quests I've done in this game. However, I always assumed that if I wanted to do it again I could just bring 3 friends, regardless of whether or not they're on the quest. If that's not the case, that *should* be changed. Requiring 4 people is one thing, and absolutely fine. Requiring 4 people on the same quest is too much. These were the kinds of things WoW realized were a bad idea and got rid of every time they did an overhaul of a zone. I hope this game does the same.