Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Role Neutral Esseles / Black Talon (SM)

Athena-Nike
08.09.2013 , 04:56 PM | #1
Would love to have Esseles and BT SM be role neutral now that thats a thing in SWTOR FP's. Right now there are very few people that actually GF queue for them (making them take FOREVER to pop) and how useless roles are that early (both can be done easily with 4 dps or any combo of roles as most dont have taunts or very much healing to begin with at level 10).

Would speed up the queues, making it easier to GF them. That would let people get the GF quests and the social points quest done earlier and easier. If needed add a kolto tank or two to certain fights that heal 5% hp per sec for 10 seconds or something to help out but really shouldn't be needed.

EzioMessi
08.11.2013 , 05:58 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Athena-Nike View Post
Would love to have Esseles and BT SM be role neutral now that thats a thing in SWTOR FP's. Right now there are very few people that actually GF queue for them (making them take FOREVER to pop) and how useless roles are that early (both can be done easily with 4 dps or any combo of roles as most dont have taunts or very much healing to begin with at level 10).

Would speed up the queues, making it easier to GF them. That would let people get the GF quests and the social points quest done earlier and easier. If needed add a kolto tank or two to certain fights that heal 5% hp per sec for 10 seconds or something to help out but really shouldn't be needed.
Agreed. The only heals a healer even has at that level are the very first heal which you get regardless of spec. The only defensive CDs a tank has are the ones achievable by any spec and any advanced class before level 10 (like Saber Ward for Knights) and all it does is increase queue times and give bad players someone to blame (died too fast? Blame the guy who has the tank icon even though he can't even taunt yet and the healer icon that only has one weak, costly heal.).

PLynkes
08.12.2013 , 02:16 AM | #3
I did Esseles last night via group finder with my new healer. I had two heals, actually, and found myself using both of them quite a lot. Group formed almost the second I entered groupfinder too (though lord knows how long those other folks had been waiting).

Not disagreeing with the premise of the original post, mind. You really can do this one with just about any old combination of roles, so I think it would be a good idea.

Atyaman
08.12.2013 , 03:37 AM | #4
I concur, this is a good idea. Yesterday I tried to queue for the Esseles as a dps. It goes without saying I ended up soloing it, fortunately having a hefty bonus of 350 on my presence, Treek just one shotted her way through the whole FP at lvl11, while I followed her around, making jests at the bosses, like a good sidekick would do

The only downside of this could be, that FPs are not role neutral by accident. They require a team of tank, heal and 2xdps, so we can learn how to preform our chosen roles. Yeah, at lvl10 there’s not much of a difference, but it still helps to start to learn early. Too many times I’ve seen healers that never heal (except themselves on a rare occasion), tanks that couldn’t tank a group of mobs for the life of theirs, and dps “as clueless as a football player on a Star Wars convention”.

Supposedly(!) at lvl55, players know how to play their role effectively in a group, hence the role neutral FPs for the Czerka weekly. Which I think was a good move on Bioware’s part. You’re still required to put in some effort to finish the weekly, but it’s not as tedious as “LF2M button-pushers for Long Shots[H4]”.

Athena-Nike
08.12.2013 , 01:47 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Atyaman View Post
I concur, this is a good idea. Yesterday I tried to queue for the Esseles as a dps. It goes without saying I ended up soloing it, fortunately having a hefty bonus of 350 on my presence, Treek just one shotted her way through the whole FP at lvl11, while I followed her around, making jests at the bosses, like a good sidekick would do

The only downside of this could be, that FPs are not role neutral by accident. They require a team of tank, heal and 2xdps, so we can learn how to preform our chosen roles. Yeah, at lvl10 there’s not much of a difference, but it still helps to start to learn early. Too many times I’ve seen healers that never heal (except themselves on a rare occasion), tanks that couldn’t tank a group of mobs for the life of theirs, and dps “as clueless as a football player on a Star Wars convention”.

Supposedly(!) at lvl55, players know how to play their role effectively in a group, hence the role neutral FPs for the Czerka weekly. Which I think was a good move on Bioware’s part. You’re still required to put in some effort to finish the weekly, but it’s not as tedious as “LF2M button-pushers for Long Shots[H4]”.
Agreed but given how easy Esseles and BT are you don't really learn proper tanking/dps/healing mechanics during it. Most of the time the dps just charge in regardless since they have nothing to fear, no cc, no kill order, no tank positioning etc....

Next FP, Hammer Station is VERY much better at teaching mechanics so Esseles and BT could be intro to learn group dynamics (loot system, enemy strengths, cut scenes etc..) and use Hammer to lean tanking/kill orders/cc/healing.

Like I said, if the balance is a bit off toss a kolto tank or two into the FP to compensate for no healing (they have similar objects in new SM role neutral FP's) but its not really needed IMO

Jedi_riches
08.13.2013 , 08:20 AM | #6
I actually qued my DPS sage as both DPS and healer (wrong I know but I would not do this for any other flashpoint) as other actual healers would be in the same boat as me at level 11 anyway few heal abilities plus only 2 skill points attributed anyway. Character rolls in the first flashpoint dont really matter too much as nobody has much in the way of skill points in any particular tree or abilities to use. The first real flashpoint test for defined rolls I recon would be Hammer Station/Empire equivilant as by that time yo start to defiine your character anyway.