Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer-a-Friend question

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tanktest
08.09.2013 , 01:20 PM | #1
Does it work with one of our other F2P accounts ?.

I have a F2P account also, that is mine, i sent the link to that email , the linked worked, I went to bottom of the page log into that account .

once it was loged in it said this account is not eligible .

SO juast how does the Refer-a-Friend work .

are we aloud to Refer one of our F2P accounts or it just for our freinds ?.

Or is the that F2P just looked at as a F2P account .

I looked and looked on the FaQ to see if i could, sense i have done it in the past and it worked, i called CS, they told me they Do not Know, I should ask here, so here i am asking ..

and the bottom of the tanktest account page is says for moondwel account which I tried to Refer it says

moondwel
Subscription has been inactive for over 90 days..

and the new site it says

Invite previous Subscribers who have been unsubscribed for 90 days or more.

but if it is because it is my own account that's cool but if its not then what's wrong ?, what did I do wrong ? .

I even subscribed to the moondwel account , I thought that would fixed it still no reward nothing but the usually 500 CC on the moondwel account for one month and nothing on the tanktest account .

Last thought, if its is because it was in the Refer-a-Friend then what does this mean ?.

Previous Subscribers who participate in Friends of SWTOR cannot be referred again for 90 days.

LET ME KNOW Please.!!!!!

Bronholz
08.09.2013 , 02:03 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings tanktest,

Thanks for contacting us.

Was your other account ever a subscriber or has it always been F2P?

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

tanktest
08.09.2013 , 02:12 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings tanktest,

Thanks for contacting us.

Was your other account ever a subscriber or has it always been F2P?

which account ? .. both have been at some point it had to be to get the mount at one time .

So yea the moondwel account was a subscriber over 90 days ago . the tanktest account is my main account, I play all the time.

oyea I'm not worried about the mount the mount I got when it went in . and the pet sense :

Referrers who qualify are retroactively granted the Battle Droid pets for Subscriber referrals made previously.

I did get the pet I think I got it in patch 2.3 or before as part of this retroactively granted the Battle Droid pet, at least that's what the mail said that came with the pet .

I was doing it for the other rewards .

Bronholz
08.09.2013 , 02:57 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Sorry should have been more clear in my question, thanks for the information.

We are currently investigating some issues with are occurring with the Referral system and your issue sounds like it maybe related (there should be no reason that you can't refer the moondwel account).

For the moment, as you have experienced, you may not be able to refer the account, but as stated we are looking into getting the issues with this system resolved. We'll update you when we have further information.

Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

elidion
08.14.2013 , 01:01 AM | #5
As it's been nearly a week since these issues starting popping up and it still happening I would hope to have seen some sort of official acknowledgement . The main reason my friend even cares about it is because he wants the free character transfer since he has a level 50 on another server. I've been on the phone with customer service for about 3 hours collectively and was just told today, 8/13 that they are still investigating the issue. I don't see why the couldn't just grant my friend a credit for the transfer at least, he is ready and willing to give you guys money to buy the expansion and sub, but not until he can get his free transfer, he isn't going to spend another $20 to get transferred on top of anything...this whole situation is already putting a bad taste his mouth since he left originally because of the problems and bugs...I tried convincing him that they were better and to give it another shot and then this happens. Seriously...at least keep us in the loop, make a sticky in the CS thread about this where we people can post their similar issues if it helps you investigate it. To me it seems like it thinks previous accounts were recently subscribed. Whatever logic you have in the programming there.

thedrmaybe
08.14.2013 , 08:36 PM | #6
Just wanted to bump on this forum post that I am having the same problem as tanktest.

I tried to send my wife (who hasn't actively subscribed since 2012) a refer-a-friend link, and it said her "account is not currently eligable". But there seems to be no reason she wouldn't be eligable. I hope this matter can be resolved soon.

fatsheep
08.15.2013 , 06:38 AM | #7
I want to jump in and say im having the exact same problem as well.
I have a second account that subscribed back when the mount was first introduced (2012?)
On my main account my second account is listed under refer a friend tab with the message "this account hasnt been subscubed for 90 days" which means it should be eligible for the promotion if I subscribe it again. However when I log in to my second account, it says in the top of the page "This account is currently not eligible for the Friends of SWTOR Referral Program, Please visit the Referral page at www.swtor.com/info/friends for eligibility requirements."

So what's going on here excactly? I would love to subscribe my second account again so that my main account gets the pet, but im not about to do that when it states that my account is not eligible.

Quote: Originally Posted by thedrmaybe View Post
Just wanted to bump on this forum post that I am having the same problem as tanktest.

I tried to send my wife (who hasn't actively subscribed since 2012) a refer-a-friend link, and it said her "account is not currently eligable". But there seems to be no reason she wouldn't be eligable. I hope this matter can be resolved soon.
CE VIP

Jagemakage
08.20.2013 , 06:12 AM | #8
So, SWTOR Customer service, do we have an update?

I have a Free to Play friend who I am trying to refer, who has already begun their account, and they wish to become full time subscribers. I referred them, but it won't let that F2P account be referred by me.

Could you please fix this issue or give us equivalent credit for garnering you more business?

Lecto
08.20.2013 , 08:41 AM | #9
Anyone with this problem post in the thread below -- we have a petition going.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671698
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

tanktest
08.21.2013 , 01:27 PM | #10
Just wanted to come back and say, Thank you for the most part its seems to be fixed, all my Preferred Friend referral's got all the perks but one :

One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account

Moondwel account : got everything, but One Complimentary Character Transfer for the lifetime of the account

Tanktest account : got the second pet and the 600 coins . .

TY . again . .
Later .