Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Canino's Avatar


Canino
08.09.2013 , 09:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Very true. But it may spook your underworld contacts, in a similar manner with G0-T0s forces.

And yeah, I was quoting Atton.
I don't know. Aurk is very, very good with public speaking. He has even blatantly lied to other Hutts, without getting caught. His charisma is unmatched, and he is a powerful and persuasive Hutt.

However, it will keep him bust for a while, and might even lure out some propaganda from the DI, which could become a potential assassination.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
08.09.2013 , 10:00 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
NOTE: The Open Circle Fleet will consist of a single battle group formed of 48 warships.
Alright. How many of each vessel are we talking about here?
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 11:59 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Alright. How many of each vessel are we talking about here?
We can't say for sure. Though of course there and going to be more and less of certain ships depending on their class.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
08.09.2013 , 12:12 PM | #24
Ok, few things....
Firstly: Vader vs Traya on Malachor most likely won't happen.

That would require Vader firstly managing to actually land on the world, 'cause that pretty much doesn't happen unless you have the flightpath information only the owners of Said world would have.
Even if Vader was to survive, the Sith Assassins feed on the Force Energy of their opponents, so if Traya was to be accompanied by a Squad of Assassins, and maybe a couple (2-6) Shadow-Troopers, Vader wouldn't stand a chance without forces of his own.
Problem there? They likely wouldn't survive a Landing also, and even so, The Sun Guard, (Sorry Warren) most likely cannot see the Sith Assassins, they could see normal Cloaking technology but the Force, Supposedly, masks presence from all types of light, allowing the Assassins to get the drop, Big time.

Second: Santhe/Sienar Technology.
Stealthed Vessel Suppliers, they worked for both the Republic and Seperatists, making many stealthed ships.
One could argue they could equip the Venators of the Open Circle Fleet with stealth Technology, leaving the fleets Guarding my planets, and the fleets attacking them, completely unseen.

Also, Coming with Santhe/Sienar tech, comes some of the Best Fighters the Galaxy has ever seen.
We're Talking:
  • Skipray Blastboats
  • Scimitar Bombers
  • Super Tie
  • Tie Agressors
  • Tie Experimentals
  • Tie Avenger
  • Tie Defender
  • Tie Oppressor
  • Tie Interdictor
  • Tie Hunters
  • Predator class

Not forgetting my cruisers they supply, Interdictors and the like...

They Also, as i mentioned earlier, Supply Scarab droids, some of the best mass assassination droids in the Kaggath IMO, incredibly difficult to detect, easily dispatched during Sleeping hours, they are perfect for the job of thinning camps out before attacks, or even Killing leadership, while most force-users couldn't detect them, due to, of course, being droids.....


That's enough to throw out there for now, me thinks
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
08.09.2013 , 12:13 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
We can't say for sure. Though of course there and going to be more and less of certain ships depending on their class.
Hate to ask.... But any chance of a Raise?

I know you gave me 10 more than death Squadron, but they had a SSD, and incredible advanced Pilots....
Any chance I'd get more like 50-55? You said we'd sort it out in the Kaggath... So here goes
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Canino's Avatar


Canino
08.09.2013 , 12:49 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Ok, few things....
Firstly: Vader vs Traya on Malachor most likely won't happen.

That would require Vader firstly managing to actually land on the world, 'cause that pretty much doesn't happen unless you have the flightpath information only the owners of Said world would have.
Even if Vader was to survive, the Sith Assassins feed on the Force Energy of their opponents, so if Traya was to be accompanied by a Squad of Assassins, and maybe a couple (2-6) Shadow-Troopers, Vader wouldn't stand a chance without forces of his own.
Problem there? They likely wouldn't survive a Landing also, and even so, The Sun Guard, (Sorry Warren) most likely cannot see the Sith Assassins, they could see normal Cloaking technology but the Force, Supposedly, masks presence from all types of light, allowing the Assassins to get the drop, Big time.

Second: Santhe/Sienar Technology.
Stealthed Vessel Suppliers, they worked for both the Republic and Seperatists, making many stealthed ships.
One could argue they could equip the Venators of the Open Circle Fleet with stealth Technology, leaving the fleets Guarding my planets, and the fleets attacking them, completely unseen.

Also, Coming with Santhe/Sienar tech, comes some of the Best Fighters the Galaxy has ever seen.
We're Talking:
  • Skipray Blastboats
  • Scimitar Bombers
  • Super Tie
  • Tie Agressors
  • Tie Experimentals
  • Tie Avenger
  • Tie Defender
  • Tie Oppressor
  • Tie Interdictor
  • Tie Hunters
  • Predator class

Not forgetting my cruisers they supply, Interdictors and the like...

They Also, as i mentioned earlier, Supply Scarab droids, some of the best mass assassination droids in the Kaggath IMO, incredibly difficult to detect, easily dispatched during Sleeping hours, they are perfect for the job of thinning camps out before attacks, or even Killing leadership, while most force-users couldn't detect them, due to, of course, being droids.....


That's enough to throw out there for now, me thinks
First, to be polite- how was the lunch? Or are you just on your phone? Secondly.....

The FE has ways of getting Malachor's landing charts. First would be bribery, capture and torture through the underworld, Vader's ability to read minds-
Quote: Originally Posted by RoTJ

Darth Vader: You cannot hide forever, Luke.

Luke: I will not fight you.

Darth Vader: Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong. Especially for... sister. So, you have a twin sister. Your feelings have now betrayed her, too. Obi-Wan was wise to hide her from me. Now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark Side... then perhaps she will...
and so on.

Secondly, the Sun Guard would still be able to see them. The are also equipped with thermal sensors, and as long as they are alive, they will have a heat signature. Also, are the assassins just using stealth belts, or the force?

I also don't see the landing party crashing. Vader is one of the best pilots of his time (and perhaps one of the best the galaxy has seen). Although difficult, I see them surviving the landing, and Malachor. Remember the SG are sith cultists. They have been to Korriban and into temples in the dark side, and they are not insane. Then we have the RG, who are with the most powerful sith ever, 24/7. They too have experience with powerful amounts of the dark side(such as Byss).

With your supplier, remember it takes time to build starships and droids. And with only one factory world, it will take time. However, you do get points for having the ability to build many, many good things.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
08.09.2013 , 12:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
First, to be polite- how was the lunch? Or are you just on your phone? Secondly.....

The FE has ways of getting Malachor's landing charts. First would be bribery, capture and torture through the underworld, Vader's ability to read minds- and so on.

Secondly, the Sun Guard would still be able to see them. The are also equipped with thermal sensors, and as long as they are alive, they will have a heat signature. Also, are the assassins just using stealth belts, or the force?

I also don't see the landing party crashing. Vader is one of the best pilots of his time (and perhaps one of the best the galaxy has seen). Although difficult, I see them surviving the landing, and Malachor. Remember the SG are sith cultists. They have been to Korriban and into temples in the dark side, and they are not insane. Then we have the RG, who are with the most powerful sith ever, 24/7. They too have experience with powerful amounts of the dark side(such as Byss).

With your supplier, remember it takes time to build starships and droids. And with only one factory world, it will take time. However, you do get points for having the ability to build many, many good things.
Dinner, didn't mean to type lunch earlier It was great, really nice food, the Desert literally ripped through my diet >.> Damn Pavlova...

Can't really bribe someone who'd have the Information, It'd only be the highest of the Sith Assassins (Marauders and such) and even then, if they were to be captured somehow, they would never give in to torture, and Kreia could likely wipe their mind, or at least give them false flight-paths...

Not really, Vader wouldn't personally pilot it, and even if he did it would be an Incredibly rough landing. As for malachor itself, the Sith Assassins feed off the Enemy's force strength, so your forces that do get boosted by the Nexus, would just double boost the Assassins... I don't see Malachor V being the decider here...

It takes time, yes, but that's the point.
Open circle fleet guards, Malgus stealth fleet attacks, over time The Open Circle fleet get stealthed and new ships are built to take their place as Defense forces (Some would remain, just unseen)....

That, and the Supplier already gives a garrison already...
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 01:02 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
...The Sun Guard, (Sorry Warren) most likely cannot see the Sith Assassins, they could see normal Cloaking technology but the Force, Supposedly, masks presence from all types of light, allowing the Assassins to get the drop, Big time.
Actually the Sith assassins used cloaking devices, which they coupled with a masking of their Force presence. This is why when near you can see the oscillations of the stealth fields.

Selenial's Avatar


Selenial
08.09.2013 , 01:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Actually the Sith assassins used cloaking devices, which they coupled with a masking of their Force presence. This is why when near you can see the oscillations of the stealth fields.
Not all of them... The most elite were force sensitive, and Used the force to Conceal themselves... Those are the only ones who'd matter, 'cause those are the ones I'd send to kill leadership


Oh god, I haven't even gone into Cronal.... Sheesh!
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
CelÚna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 01:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Hate to ask.... But any chance of a Raise?

I know you gave me 10 more than death Squadron, but they had a SSD, and incredible advanced Pilots....
Any chance I'd get more like 50-55? You said we'd sort it out in the Kaggath... So here goes
Well the Open Circle Fleet was rather large so we'll say halfway between the smallest battlegroup size, 48, and the largest, 72 - so 60 units. How does that sound?