Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

StarSquirrel
08.09.2013 , 08:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I have more sleep and more info.
Eh, I've forgone sleep at this point. Anywho...

I see an issue that DI will have to overcome. A lot of FE's forces are gear to being defensive (Sun Guard, Imperial Guard, Kir Kanos), especially against a lot of what I see DI bringing to the table.

Also, the two aren't 'core' close, but if my internal map is correct they are fairly close by galactic/out rim standards.

I love Sel's choice of Malgus's stealth fleet for this though especially with Santhe/Sienar Technologies

Trench also knows how to hunt cloaked ships so the Zann Consortium Navy will suffer a bit from that. However, on that topic I think the Zann Consortium has an advantage with the Mass Driver cannons. Those will be huge.

Vader vs. Traya. If FE gets to Malachor it might come to this. I think we can honestly say Vader would kick her to the curb (he'd draw on the same DS nexus). I think DI would like to kill Vader from a distance if at all possible. Edit: dang it Warren, beating me to it...

Though I see Traya possibly converting Sing. Sing is known as being pretty grey with a lot of DS influences, and Traya is the same way.

That's all I have for now. I'll be back later once I brush up on this. I honestly don't know as much about these guys as I should.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Canino
08.09.2013 , 08:37 AM | #12
Alright, since Sel decided to do a tactical standing of her faction, I will do the same.

Aurk will stay on Bastion, for more or less the entire Kaggath, there is no reason to move him. From the Bastion, he can use his charisma in propaganda to sway the underworld into supporting me, if they aren't already. Vader will likely lead the battle, seeing his tactical mind and fear to push the assault when needed.

With the underworld on my side, it stands to reason all of my ships would be modified as much as possible to make them more deadly than ever. Also, do I get the Eclipse?

With the IGBC, I have basically infinite credits, coupled with the money from the Besadii Kajidic. Aruk would hire every bounty hunter, assassin, and spy in the galaxy to find and attack your faction. That adds up very quickly. Plus hailfire droids.

Finally, I have the physiological edge. I have, as my ruler, perhaps the most feared man in the galaxy (excluding the Emperor). I also have the Sun Guard, who where feared by all, and the Royal Guard, also terrifying. Are the DI's assassins going to want to risk there life in fighting troops that are so scary?
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Canino
08.09.2013 , 08:41 AM | #13
Just the point with Traya and Sing. While the have a similar alignment, Vader and her connect. Vader is the greatest Jedi killer ever seen. He also killed Sing's master, who she HATED. And finally, Sing trained as an Imperial agent under Vader.

So I don't see a defection happening. Vader and Sing are a good pair- that's why I picked them.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 08:41 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Also, do I get the Eclipse?
I'm afraid not, no superweapons.

StarSquirrel
08.09.2013 , 08:46 AM | #15
Just the point with Traya and Sing. While the have a similar alignment, Vader and her connect. Vader is the greatest Jedi killer ever seen. He also killed Sing's master, who she HATED. And finally, Sing trained as an Imperial agent under Vader.

So I don't see a defection happening. Vader and Sing are a good pair- that's why I picked them.
Cool, nice planning. Otherwise I don't see any defections or conversions in this match.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Warren-Stride
08.09.2013 , 08:49 AM | #16
Are the DI's assassins going to want to risk there life in fighting troops that are so scary?
I don't think the assassins have a choice. They seem to be rather fearless or even braindead.

However.

The Sun Guard are a perfect, and I mean perfect, match for the Sith Assassins. Sun Guard have infrared and ultraviolet vision through their helmets, which renders any stealth the assassins try to employ useless. Not only that, but Sun Guards are also masters of close combat, unparalleled at least by any other force in this Kaggath. With the Sith Assassin's element of surprise gone and their opponents wielding similar weapons but with higher skill, the Sun Guard will easily beat the assassins.

Also, Sun Guards aren't Force Sensitive. So the assassins won't gain any power from them.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Canino
08.09.2013 , 08:49 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
Cool, nice planning. Otherwise I don't see any defections or conversions in this match.
Thank you. You do have some vaild points though, especially fleet wise. However, I don't know what would happen in a Trench vs. Vader situation. Vader beat Trench once, but Trench is very cunning. I'll need to think on it.
---------

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 08:54 AM | #18
Finally, I have the physiological edge. I have, as my ruler, perhaps the most feared man in the galaxy (excluding the Emperor). I also have the Sun Guard, who where feared by all, and the Royal Guard, also terrifying. Are the DI's assassins going to want to risk there life in fighting troops that are so scary?
They live on a planet that later became synonymous with hell filled with storm beasts, noxious gas and the overwhelming weight of the dark side. Existing alongside a manipulative witch, a man who looks like he sleeps with vibroblades and a living black hole in the Force.

If anything its the Felonius Empire who should be scared. Enemies that can't be seen on heard until they've got a vibroblade at your throat and pretty damn scary.

Canino
08.09.2013 , 08:58 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
They live on a planet that later became synonymous with hell filled with storm beasts, noxious gas and the overwhelming weight of the dark side. Existing alongside a manipulative witch, a man who looks like he sleeps with vibroblades and a living black hole in the Force.

If anything its the Felonius Empire who should be scared. Enemies that can't be seen on heard until they've got a vibroblade at your throat and pretty damn scary.
True, however my forces are a Sith cult, and men who kill each other to try to belong to the same brotherhood. We won't be scared.

P.S. Beni, I don't think Traya appreciates being call a witch. Especially from her #1 fan....
P.P.S: Don't worry about the Eclipse. I was just wondering if I would be able to use it. It's pretty epic.
---------

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 09:03 AM | #20
True, however my forces are a Sith cult, and men who kill each other to try to belong to the same brotherhood. We won't be scared.

P.S. Beni, I don't think Traya appreciates being call a witch. Especially from her #1 fan....
P.P.S: Don't worry about the Eclipse. I was just wondering if I would be able to use it. It's pretty epic.
Very true. But it may spook your underworld contacts, in a similar manner with G0-T0s forces.

And yeah, I was quoting Atton.