Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Tournament - Felonious Empire vs Dark Imperium

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 07:58 AM | #1
“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 3: The Felonious Empire vs The Dark Imperium

Welcome to the third heat of the ‘Kaggath Tournament’. In this second series the competition will be pitting the power bases of player made factions against each other in an epic tournament-style extravaganza.

The last battle, The Sol’yc Empire vs Krayt’s Vision, was even closer than the last. But through the tactical mastery of the Mandalorian leaders, the Sol’yc Empire overcame their disadvantages and defeated Krayt’s Vision in an epic final showdown. But onto round three.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s set out the ground rules of the Heats.

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • Only those incorporated in the listed in the faction compilations below can take part in the Kaggath.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base or influence.
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic or advanced at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Factions are autonomous – players have no control over their factions decisions, this is determined by the nature of their leadership.

So, the combatants: Canino has submitted the Felonious Empire, a sinister pact forged between the scum and villainy of the criminal underworld and the iron fist of an empire. While Selenial has submitted a shadowy ensemble of assassins, schemers and Sith. Behold the factions!

The Felonious Empire

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Vader
Second-in-Command: Aruk the Great
Allies: Kir Kanos & Aurra Sing
Supplier: InterGalactic Banking Clan

Military

Minor Ground Force: Sun Guard Legion & Emperor’s Royal Guard
Navy: Zann Consortium Navy

Planets

Capital: Bastion
Supply Base: Muunilinst
Stronghold/Military Base: Yinchorr
Stronghold/Military Base: Mygeeto
Shipyards: Yaga Minor

vs

The Dark Imperium

Leadership

Head of State: Darth Traya
Second-in-Command: Admiral Trench
Allies: Lord Cronal & HK-47
Supplier: Santhe/Sienar Technologies

Military

Minor Ground Force: Shadow Stormtrooper Legion & Sith Assassins
Major Naval Force: Open Circle Fleet & Malgus’ Stealth Fleet

Planets

Capital: Raxus Secundus
Supply Base: Raxus Prime
Stronghold/Military Base: Malachor V
Stronghold/Military Base: Saleucami
Shipyards: Bonadan

The Felonious Empire has imperial supremacy and underworld influence while the Dark Imperium has the advantage of the shadows – but who is greater, who will win? The battle lines have been drawn...

Let the Kaggath begin!

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 08:00 AM | #2
NOTE: The Open Circle Fleet will consist of a single battle group formed of 48 warships.

StarSquirrel
08.09.2013 , 08:01 AM | #3
What a match-up. Initial impressions are both= extremely impressive and very even imo.

I'll embellish more later.
I know if you look deep into your heart- which is currently all over that tree- you'll find a way to forgive me.

Aww, geez you look like a puppy! A blonde, eviscerated puppy!

-Alucard

Canino
08.09.2013 , 08:01 AM | #4
Oh, this will be fun. I need time to do research, but I'll post again soon.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Canino
08.09.2013 , 08:04 AM | #5
Which Shadow troopers are we using? On Wookiepedia, there are three variants. Just wondering....
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Selenial
08.09.2013 , 08:06 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
NOTE: The Open Circle Fleet will consist of a single battle group formed of 48 warships.
48? Awwwwwwww.....
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Selenial
08.09.2013 , 08:08 AM | #7
I'd like to begin by stating what I think The Dark Imperium would do, tactically.

The Open Circle fleet would be split up to guard the planets most exposed to Canino's forces combined with Santhe/Sienar tech's incredible fleet forces, while Malgus' Stealth fleet would sit in the shadows, preparing to strike, and Guarding a few planets, leaving Canino's forces in the dark about how many Ships i truly have guarding.

Traya would sit at Malachor, with Trench leading the bulk of my offence fleet. Traya can hijack peoples minds from Lightyears away, strengthened by Malachor. She'd be communicating with Trench, Knowing the Enemy's tactics and advising him on Leadership locations.

Note: Santhe/Sienar Technologies have the Mini-Bug-Assassin droids, as I'm calling them, So all it would take would be a small ship to break the fleet and plant them on the Planet with some sith assassins... And.... Well.... *Drags finger across Neck*

Anyway, G2G, back soon, someone argue for me
We all live or die as Krayt wills, Stryfe. At his word, I would cut out my own heart. Or yours.
Celéna Mercenary Cathinka Seeliara Sage

Beniboybling
08.09.2013 , 08:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Which Shadow troopers are we using? On Wookiepedia, there are three variants. Just wondering....
Shadow Stormtroopers - if it doesn't say that already I'll make the change.

Noting that they are 10,000 strong.

tunewalker
08.09.2013 , 08:10 AM | #9
Ok intial thoughts, I do not know that the FE has enough overall might to hit the hidden DI forces hard enough or faster enough to really gain ground, what I am looking at here if I am not mistaken the 2 of them are both in the outer rim but fairly far apart which I see playing to the DI's hand a bit better since with the stealthy ships and being so far apart she gets plenty of time to prep and move about essentially making every move she makes from that point on completely unknown to her opponent and yet she may be able to see everything they do. That's all I am willing to say at the moment. will come back when I have more sleep and more info.

Warren-Stride
08.09.2013 , 08:34 AM | #10
Vader + Malachor V

Heh.

This will come down to a 1v1.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?