Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

LOTS of AFKs in Warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
LOTS of AFKs in Warzones

Enderf
12.21.2011 , 02:27 PM | #11
I have seen what looks like someone with a second account both in the same BG, because only 1 of the 2 characters would move at a time and they had similar names. It was funny I killed both of them. 1 would attack the other just stand there, then the other attacks. Did it 2x to be sure it was happening, but I really didn't care double kills for me.

-Ender

Liberate
12.21.2011 , 02:28 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Birdflew View Post
I too have been leveling thru PvP and I have yet to see one player AFK.

This makes it kinda hard for me to believe that it's a huge issue.
So just because YOU haven't seen it, it's not a huge issue.

Love it.
Liberate

WWWYYZERDD
12.21.2011 , 02:34 PM | #13
Agreed, we really need an option to kick these people. Kicking for inactivity is not enough, as someone can just move once every couple minutes to avoid it.

Vetorept
12.21.2011 , 02:44 PM | #14
No cross server queueing removes the anonymity factor and the "I don't care what these people think of me" factor. Which is prevalent in certain other games. The community will police itself.

BradFett
12.21.2011 , 02:47 PM | #15
I have a feeling we will see a fix for this soon. Kind of a big exploit right now.
Deltron ThunderforceBH Mercenary Iron Citadel
<Black Templars>
"Runnin amuck with technology with no apology"

Dakhari
12.21.2011 , 03:28 PM | #16
Agreed.

I played all this past weekend in PVP and leveled myself 4 levels - which was great. But over and over, I kept seeing this one particular toon in almost all of my WZ. Geogewin on "Shadow Hand" server. He was afk in the back of the map in every situation. People in the WZs took to reporting him for spam in the hopes that a GM might remove him.

He was level 29. I wonder how many of those levels, and how much money, he got from other peoples' work.

Geogewin on Shadow Hand. Worthless.

mosharie
12.21.2011 , 03:57 PM | #17
This actually happens all the time on my server. This is a character named Geogewin and afk's in every match. Myself and many others have petioned but nothing has been done.

EternalFinality
12.21.2011 , 04:01 PM | #18
I've seen it. They need to implement some way to not give the exp/end of game rewards to people who aren't participating.

EvaLee
12.21.2011 , 04:09 PM | #19
I haven't seen an afker yet. Not to mention afking in a warzone does virtually nothing except get them some EXP. They will hardly get any commends due to you actually having to do something to get them.

Love the system to be honest, but could use a kick feature for those who have seen it.

Grimmace
12.21.2011 , 04:20 PM | #20
I'll afk if I get a team full of derps in huttball that do nothing but fight in the center all game instead of following the ball, and the sad part is sometimes doing that I get more rewards then I do for winning quick matches by a landslide.