Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer a Friend -- a flawed system.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Refer a Friend -- a flawed system.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Lecto
08.08.2013 , 10:30 PM | #1
To whom can help,
I got a friend of mine form work to sign up from the link I gave her (my personal one from my account), in fact she signed in for the first time today. My issue is that she's not listed under my referred friends list -- what gives? Does this system work? How can this be corrected?

Thanks for your time in advance,
~Lecto
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge
Join "Tao Covenant" today!
Twitter: @Lecto10

JasonFJ
08.09.2013 , 12:45 AM | #2
This system is broken, bugged, fubar.

I've personally witnessed someone make 30 email addresses using a referral code.

Of 30 attempts to actually make it work, only ONCE did the referral show up in the account page, showing that they had 13 days to subscribe.

On that one occasion, upon validating their email and entering a password they were taken straight to their account page where a green box was shown saying "You have been referred ..."

The other 29 times it just said "Validation Complete" and that was it.

Don't even bother with this system it's bugged to hell.
Mastered every class in the game.

Lecto
08.09.2013 , 01:23 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by JasonFJ View Post
This system is broken, bugged, fubar.

I've personally witnessed someone make 30 email addresses using a referral code.

Of 30 attempts to actually make it work, only ONCE did the referral show up in the account page, showing that they had 13 days to subscribe.

On that one occasion, upon validating their email and entering a password they were taken straight to their account page where a green box was shown saying "You have been referred ..."

The other 29 times it just said "Validation Complete" and that was it.

Don't even bother with this system it's bugged to hell.
Yeah, but I want my rewards.....CS needs to get one this pronto
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return". ~ Moulin Rouge

Beesodd
08.09.2013 , 03:45 AM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi Lecto,
Can you check if your friend has subscribed, or are they still playing as Free-to-play? Do you have their accountname handy?

JasonFJ, your issue appears to be a separate one, and we are looking into it.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

Lecto
08.09.2013 , 12:00 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi Lecto,
Can you check if your friend has subscribed, or are they still playing as Free-to-play? Do you have their accountname handy?

She's free to play at the moment, but she's thinking about becoming a sub. Her username is Corilynn.

Missandei
08.09.2013 , 12:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Lecto View Post
She's free to play at the moment, but she's thinking about becoming a sub. Her username is Corilynn.
lol.. On my Refer-a-Friend page there is a clear message that only SUBSCRIBED referals are listed there.. Dont know about yours though..
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

Lecto
08.09.2013 , 12:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Missandei View Post
lol.. On my Refer-a-Friend page there is a clear message that only SUBSCRIBED referals are listed there.. Dont know about yours though..
"Invite your friends by sending them the following referral link. Tell your friends to use the link as the first step in creating a new account or logging back in to an existing account. By clicking through the link to create an account or log in, they will be registered as your "Referral." As friends join and become Subscribers, you earn rewards"!

That's all mine says....there's even a bit at the bottom about "subscription" status...kinda stating that they might not be a sub.

Lecto
08.10.2013 , 10:18 AM | #8
Hi Lecto,

JAsonFJ,
Did you figure anything out yet? *bump*

Lecto
08.11.2013 , 10:21 PM | #9
Hi Lecto,

*Bump* still waiting for an answer.

Lecto
08.16.2013 , 11:28 AM | #10
Hi Lecto,

I called Customer service earlier this week, & they said they were working on this issue & that it was a known error. However, they said that running the scripts would only take a few days & that it would fix the issue. I've noticed no fix....so what's going on?

PS: My additional referrals log in name was DogFurSweatPants