Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Friends of SWTOR link not working

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Friends of SWTOR link not working

Zuleea
08.08.2013 , 08:34 PM | #1
A friend who used to be subscribed to SWTOR and canceled about a year ago wants to come back and play. I sent the link from my account, and she gets the error "currently not eligible." I called Customer Service yesterday, and they told me that from looking at my account and hers that she should be able to use the link I sent. They told me I should get an email about whether there was a problem with the system within 12 hours. They also suggested we just try again in 24 hours.

I have yet to receive an email, and we tried again over 24 hours later and it still doesn't work. Any ideas? Is there something wrong with the system? I'd really like to get the referral bonuses. Going through all this hassle is taking all the fun out of having my friend come back to play with me.

Thanks for your help!

syall
08.08.2013 , 11:09 PM | #2
I just had a similar thing where a friend I referred used the link and she said when she had to pick a display name but it kept removing all the data and now it's showing up that she wasn't referred by me even though she has now started playing but her brother whom I referred too has shown up on my account using the same link.
"what can I say? I'm a talented individual"

JasonFJ
08.09.2013 , 12:45 AM | #3
This system is broken, bugged, fubar.

I've personally witnessed someone make 30 email addresses using a referral code.

Of 30 attempts to actually make it work, only ONCE did the referral show up in the account page, showing that they had 13 days to subscribe.

On that one occasion, upon validating their email and entering a password they were taken straight to their account page where a green box was shown saying "You have been referred ..."

The other 29 times it just said "Validation Complete" and that was it.

Don't even bother with this system it's bugged to hell.
L55 Guardian, Sage, Commando, Inquisitor
L50 Shadow, Gunslinger, Sniper

Zuleea
08.09.2013 , 09:44 AM | #4
So it does look like there are intermittent problems with the system. After several calls to customer service, I spoke with Russell who was really trying to help me (unlike the other CSR's). Props to Russell- thanks!! While we couldn't resolve the issue, he got me to an escalated tier of support, and Sarah was able to manually give me my speeder and cartel coins. Thanks Sarah!

One thing to note, she manually gave me the items, but my account doesn't actually show any referrals. She said if I refer more people I'll have to contact them to get the next rewards.

Overall, it's disappointing that I had to spend so much time and effort to get this relaunched promotion to work. It's also annoying that I had to speak to some very uniformed CSR's along the way... but Russell and Sarah- you were very helpful. Thanks!

syall
08.11.2013 , 04:21 PM | #5
So I sent an ingame ticket and was told they have escelated the case, CSR will notify me of any changes.
Good to se they are looking into it but I have a feeling not much will happen, but I can hope.
"what can I say? I'm a talented individual"