Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So how is slicing?

Aniaden
12.21.2011 , 01:37 PM | #1
My guild is rerolling a new server lower pop so we can avoid the crazy Q times on our current server. And since I've never tried slicing but heard it makes a ton of cash I thought I would try it. Is it really a huge money maker? Or was it nerfed yet?

unclekaula
12.21.2011 , 01:38 PM | #2
I was told it was nerfed, but still a cash cow.

deserttfoxx
12.21.2011 , 01:38 PM | #3
You should be slicing until it gets nerfed.. which it will.
You are very welcome to use my referral link.
With this you get 7 days of free subscription,a free character transfer and nice items mailed to all your characters. The referral helps both new, returning and current players!

Click here for 7 days of free subscription a free character transfer and more

nicosharp
12.21.2011 , 01:39 PM | #4
it gives a good early game cred boost, and will help you and 2 friends buy mounts at 25 (through 1 char with slicing)

Especially if you are going to be running content with a group, just keep your companion(s) out on slicing missions. Rush through class quest content to get companions as early as possible.

Aniaden
12.21.2011 , 01:44 PM | #5
So as of yet no nerf that anyone can tell?

AsinineTangent
12.21.2011 , 01:45 PM | #6
Good for buying skill training and speeders as you level to 50. Really great for giving you money for anything that has a static price. Drop it then and pick up some sort of craft. In less than a month's time, slicing rewards will be unable to compare to the going prices of materials.

If it gets nerfed it will be a knee-jerk response to an imaginary problem. Like many MMO "fixes". So yeah, it will probably happen.

Aniaden
12.21.2011 , 01:46 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by AsinineTangent View Post
Good for buying skill training and speeders as you level to 50. Drop it then and pick up some sort of craft. In less than a month's time, slicing rewards will be unable to compare to the going prices of materials.
Yea I'm just looking to build up quick surplus. Then switch it to something more beneficial to whatever I decide to craft.

AsinineTangent
12.21.2011 , 01:48 PM | #8
Ah! My ninja edit has been exposed. :(

Draconax
12.21.2011 , 01:49 PM | #9
I have been slicing since early access began. I can tell you slicing isn't near what it was. As of right now, I'm lvl 30, using mako, with 350 slicing, and I rarely get more than what I spent to send her. Missions cost ~1400 credits atm, doing abundant runs, and I usually get 12-1500 credits, with a rare case that has 3k+ in it. Most of the money I make from slicing comes from the "real world" deposits, and only because they don't cost me anything to begin with.

Wren_Atticus
12.21.2011 , 02:14 PM | #10
Slicing is over-hyped. It is good for short-term investment. But in the long-haul those who went with missions and crafting will have more money than the slicers.
"You've been Synergized. Have a nice day!"
Wrangler <Synergy> - Scoundrel - Infinite Empire Server