Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Refer your friends and collect new Battle Droid pets!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Refer your friends and collect new Battle Droid pets!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ImpactHound
08.15.2013 , 11:29 AM | #41
Great way to for new players to get to know how things work around here. This promotional campaign is a SLAP in the face to new customers!!

Rustygemini
08.15.2013 , 11:30 AM | #42
The other thread about this was *GASP SHOCK SURPRISE* removed by Bioware. GG Bioware.
THE BLACK SUNS---Ruling the galaxy's underworld Moby, Worship, Bluebery, Zuma, Heavyweight TACO LEGACY
Jedi Covenant (GAF)

jankiel
08.15.2013 , 02:06 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Rustygemini View Post
The other thread about this was *GASP SHOCK SURPRISE* removed by Bioware. GG Bioware.
Got to say they way they are handling this is awfull.
Coris of The Progenitor
Mandalorian Hunters & Razorwing

GSF Pilot Master Race

CrazyMcGee
08.17.2013 , 03:28 AM | #44
Still broken, still no official acknowledgement. Honestly, I really would just take a "we're working on it".

I mailed CS, got told I should phone for "account, subscription or billing issues". Ticket closed. Opened a new ticket to say why did you close the other one when it's not account, sub or billing. Got told I hadn't given enough info (apparently they couldn't have looked back at the previous ticket?). Ticket closed. Opened a new one giving the ref of the original ticket. No response yet.

I know this is a bug everyone has with the refer a friend programme, so why can't we get a dev post to say what's happening?

I've managed to get 3 referrals linked to my account (out of 7), but 2 of the ones not linked have subbed.

BW, surely you can see that if you want new players to sign up, you can't bug them out the second they join the game? Do you really expect them to stick around? The other referrals I made which haven't been linked and haven't subbed yet will NOT be subbing.

I know it's not intentional, but this is total false advertising and the lack of acknowledgement or official response isn't helping. I'm guessing you're trying to keep it quiet so people will still sign up?? We're gonna keep posting about it until it's fixed. I don't get why it needs to be so hard to fix. Why can't we just send an in-game ticket from the account that made the referral and send another ticket from the new account confirming it. Everyone gets their rewards. Done.

TheSeventhJedi
08.19.2013 , 08:12 AM | #45
Shortly after my last post, I received a notice saying they had escalated my ticket.
That was seven days ago, and still nothing.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Quraswren
08.19.2013 , 08:25 AM | #46
I have already recruited someone so I have the mount and pets are not interesting enough for me to become a BW walking advertisement.

So until there is something more interesting for taking the job and becoming a local recruiter. I'll have to pass on pets I wont ever use.

Now, if they had added 2 of the new mounts that seem to have found their way into the new gambling pack, I might would have put in some effort to recruit someone.

But alas, that didn't happen.

So with some sarcasm, I find it funny that this: Vectron BL-37 Zephyr Legend standing, 5 Cartel Market Certificates, 120k credits: That made it into the game and you can only get it if you spend a rather large amount of real cash but if you recruit someone that would pay $15 a month, they get a new pet.

Actually, I take that back. It's not funny at all.

elidion
08.19.2013 , 02:45 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Still broken, still no official acknowledgement. Honestly, I really would just take a "we're working on it".
I've got a "master" thread running linking to all the other posts about it at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671698

CS has confirmed they are working on it...although at this points 11 days is just ridiculous.

TheSeventhJedi
08.20.2013 , 08:20 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by elidion View Post
I've got a "master" thread running linking to all the other posts about it at http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=671698

CS has confirmed they are working on it...although at this points 11 days is just ridiculous.
I'm sure it's not a priority - they got their money. Some will quit, some won't, but you can't undo once you've already paid.

Nafka
08.20.2013 , 03:13 PM | #49
Ya still no reponse here as well, and and my friend are filing that complaint with the BBB tommrow.

TheSeventhJedi
08.21.2013 , 03:57 PM | #50
Hey BioWare - how's this issue coming? Should I be warning my friends who don't already to stay away?