Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How is everyone equipping Treek?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How is everyone equipping Treek?

morfius's Avatar


morfius
08.22.2013 , 06:50 AM | #21
She come with 2 gear sets - 1 equiped, 1 in box... first I was surprised why, but then remembered that tank & heal stances need different gear.
All tanking companion are joke ... tried on 50 level char - equipped her with blue 25 arms/mods/enhs/bars - Treek is same joke.
So she going to be healer or crafter.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

wainot-keel's Avatar


wainot-keel
08.22.2013 , 07:00 AM | #22
I'm benching Quinn's butt for good (Doc's too) so Treek will be a healer. So aim, power, surge and perhaps a bit of crit.
In any case, I'm thinking of keeping her with a shield instead of a generator, just in case I need a quick switch to a tanking stance (if heals aren't being enough to get mobs off of me)

edit: lol, you can't properly say "butt" here

Arlon_Nabarlly's Avatar


Arlon_Nabarlly
08.22.2013 , 08:10 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
You need a Quinntervention.
No one expects the Spanish Quinnquisition!

Gearing as a healer in most cases (only time i would think about having her tank is if my toon was specced healer). Not bothering too sets on any character, she will be one of ther other based one what that character needs.

I replaced the shield gen with a tech generator.
Working on gearing her up with aim, power, alacrity mods.
Support Legacy Wide Datacrons
It's a secret to everybody:
54 68 65 20 31 34 31 20 31 35 36 20 31 36 33 20 31 36 37 20 31 34 35 20 31 36 32 20 69 73 20 30 30 31 31 30 31 30 30 30 30 31 31 30 30 31 30

morfius's Avatar


morfius
08.22.2013 , 08:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlon_Nabarlly View Post
No one expects the Spanish Quinnquisition!

Gearing as a healer in most cases (only time i would think about having her tank is if my toon was specced healer). Not bothering too sets on any character, she will be one of ther other based one what that character needs.

I replaced the shield gen with a tech generator.
Working on gearing her up with aim, power, alacrity mods.
Change alacrity to surge/crit ... it doesn't work on companions.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

mikebevo's Avatar


mikebevo
08.22.2013 , 09:16 AM | #25
I only got her on my slinger, I geared her as a healer. In a mishmash of gear from comms, mainly 69 and 72, but has some 66 gear too geared for healing. I never ever use a tank companion on any of my toons and rarely use a healer companion either, so knight and slinger was the only toons I could justify spending the credits on Treek with for soloing heroics and the SM 55 FPs. Have to say Treek is worth the credits, not only the best companion healer, but also pretty good damage output for a healing companion. Actually considering now getting her for my main (sawbones) just don't know when I would ever actaully use her. Tank companion is just too slow and would never use her as a healer.

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
08.23.2013 , 01:03 PM | #26
I'm using Treek as a tank for my Sage and she's doing a sterling job.
I've not turned her healing abilities off, so she can tank, hold agro in the majority of cases and also throws some heals around which means I have to heal myself or her less than with say Qyzen.
As for actual gearing - used basic comes to get her a full set of purple where possible and then purchased the rest of the GTN at pretty low cost.

MidichIorian's Avatar


MidichIorian
08.23.2013 , 01:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
I'm using Treek as a tank for my Sage and she's doing a sterling job.
This.

Had her tank auged for a bit but switched to power augs instead for a tad more output. The only problem with fighting other players is that she has a tendency of jumping the companion, which is pretty pointless. when the companion is never a threat. I think tank companions should prioritize the real player in PvP.

Strixs's Avatar


Strixs
11.07.2013 , 12:21 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DanTheSysAdmin View Post
Here are the armorings, mods, enhancements, barrel, implants and earpiece I use to outfit Treek for healing and tank. These are really starter mods for endgame (Level 55) play.

Healing:
  • Reflex Armoring x8
  • Agile Mod x9
  • Adept Enhancements x3
  • Quick Savant Enhancements x4
  • Overkill Experimental Reflex Implant x2
  • Overkill Supercharged Rejuvenation Module x1
  • Reflex Barrel x1

Tanking:
  • Commando Armoring x8
  • Deflecting Mod x9
  • Immunity Enhancements x7
  • Redoubt Experimental Response Implant x2
  • Redoubt Advanced Cosmic Combat Module Earpiece x1
  • Commando Barrel x1

Edited 8/22/2013 for corrections armor count and earpiece name
People have been listing what to gear treek with

However no one is saying how she "does" with Pure Aim > Power > Surge in tank stance
VS
How she does in tank stance with a full absorb > Shield > Def > End stat priority.

If someone could describe how well she tanks in each set of gear/stat priorities it would be appreciated.
I was planning on having my Cybetech/artifice make her a full set of purple lv53 mods/enh/armor and it would be nice to know whether a tanking set is worth it before i actually spend the money to do it.

If based on previous experiences people could enlighten me that would be great.
If somehow Treek can tank 2-4 heroic quests with full on tank gear that would be amazing..
highly doubtful but if someone would enlighten to me how she does with full tank gear at lv55 i would be ecstatic.

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
11.07.2013 , 02:05 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Strixs View Post
People have been listing what to gear treek with

However no one is saying how she "does" with Pure Aim > Power > Surge in tank stance
VS
How she does in tank stance with a full absorb > Shield > Def > End stat priority.

If someone could describe how well she tanks in each set of gear/stat priorities it would be appreciated.

I was planning on having my Cybetech/artifice make her a full set of purple lv53 mods/enh/armor and it would be nice to know whether a tanking set is worth it before i actually spend the money to do it.

If based on previous experiences people could enlighten me that would be great.
If somehow Treek can tank 2-4 heroic quests with full on tank gear that would be amazing..
highly doubtful but if someone would enlighten to me how she does with full tank gear at lv55 i would be ecstatic.
That was the purpose of this thread to begin with but then again, like so many other stuff, it got lost along the way I guess.

Either way, for what is worth, I ended up equipping her with tank gear and STILL use her as a healer regardless, every so often. I still think that when it comes to companions, the damage and healing output scales terribly, regardless of the gear at times.
Quote: Originally Posted by Descent
YOU MISTAKE ME FOR YOUR OWN WEAK FLESH. I DO NOT END.

mikederouen's Avatar


mikederouen
12.12.2013 , 03:29 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Strixs View Post
People have been listing what to gear treek with

However no one is saying how she "does" with Pure Aim > Power > Surge in tank stance
VS
How she does in tank stance with a full absorb > Shield > Def > End stat priority.

If someone could describe how well she tanks in each set of gear/stat priorities it would be appreciated.
I was planning on having my Cybetech/artifice make her a full set of purple lv53 mods/enh/armor and it would be nice to know whether a tanking set is worth it before i actually spend the money to do it.

If based on previous experiences people could enlighten me that would be great.
If somehow Treek can tank 2-4 heroic quests with full on tank gear that would be amazing..
highly doubtful but if someone would enlighten to me how she does with full tank gear at lv55 i would be ecstatic.

INC slight necro. I use treek to tank the 4 man quest that you get on the gravity hook launch area. The quest where you have to board then bring down the moving ship. She tanks it like a boss. I two box it. My dps merc has treek and i box it with a healer sorc using revel. I have treek tank geared with shield/asorb mods and enhancements. Not much of a problem with anything and she holds aggro great. Did it at 53 for the first time and it was kinda daunting to box it but it wasnt that bad.

Thinking of swapping out mods and enhancements to more defense asorb.