Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Desperately looking for people to do macrobinoculars heroic - 'Dark Design'

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Desperately looking for people to do macrobinoculars heroic - 'Dark Design'

morfius
08.29.2013 , 04:23 AM | #11
Unless someone goes to do jump part without us, we simply never try again.
Most stupid H4 design.
Are we playing Super Mario on bad engine with lags?
I could somehow handle it (if I am so drunk that wouldn't care at all)... but my wife totally refuse to play jump & run ones.
So 1 tank & 1 healer (or some geared DPS ones) less for those.
"The Aing-Tii have a different view of the Force. Not in terms of Jedi or Dark Jedi—of black and white, as it were—but in a way I like to think of as a full-color rainbow."

ATAMIANM
08.29.2013 , 09:50 AM | #12
the jumping part definitely sucks. But what I did not initially realize is that if you fall to your death, at restart, there is a speeder that takes you to the next platform. So dying was no big deal, just freaking annoying.

Arenatah
08.29.2013 , 12:24 PM | #13
I agree that it was really poor design on their part. It should be obvious to even the most casual observer that nobody is going to want to do the quest twice.

If you didn't do it that first week or so, it's pretty much gg and it sucks, as I have multiple characters all on the end quest who can't finish it

Hell, even the repeatable ones like Aurora Cannon are hard enough to get a group for these days let alone a fairly challenging one-time quest, and Aurora Cannon's got rep attached it it :|
Retired POT5 Sorc. I failed to heal to full.

RIP IN PIECES ANSALEM. NVR5GET, NEVER5URRENDER.
Beslley - DPS sorc | Arenatah - Snoipah | Nef'arian - DPS op

ATAMIANM
08.29.2013 , 03:55 PM | #14
After doing the macrobinocular and seeker droid quests on my assassin, I vowed to never even attempt it on my other toons, for that very reason.

CrazyMcGee
08.29.2013 , 09:10 PM | #15
OP - I am on Harbinger and I really want to do this quest. Have you done it yet? If not, let me know and hopefully we can work out a time to do it.

I don't care how hard these quests are - finding a damn group is the hardest part. I sat in a group of 3 on fleet for an hour or two trying to get a fourth

BW: GROUP FINDER!!

PS For everyone else LFG, do you tend to try on fleet or on the planet? I haven't known where it's best to spam my LFGs.

drunkenbloke
12.01.2013 , 04:33 AM | #16
Just been trying everywhere for some time but still no joy.

BadAndyxxx
12.19.2013 , 02:27 PM | #17
I am looking for a group to do this quest if someone is still out there that wants to do it.
Almost finished it last night but after 7 attempts decided it would be better to wait for another day. This has to be one of the hardest ones I have ever seen.

Tangible_Merlin
05.26.2014 , 01:11 PM | #18
I got to the point on the macro binocular quest where it becomes a level 4 heroic. Due to having young kids I can't spend hours at a time on here, I'm often called away and can't quest in groups. Why can't there be a way for people to solo these quests.

RaunchyRancor
05.26.2014 , 01:25 PM | #19
Wow, the thread's still alive! Since I made the original post, I now have 8 characters for all classes, out of which 5 are lvl 55, and I've completed both macrobinoculars and seeker droid on exactly 2 of them. So my search still stands!
Server - Harbinger
Kan'oss - lvl 55 Gunslinger | Sagaros - 55 Commando
Astiniio - 38 Sorcerer | San'aa - 55 Guardian