Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is a Bantha Mount beyond the realm of possibility bioware?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Is a Bantha Mount beyond the realm of possibility bioware?

Grafon
08.08.2013 , 08:21 AM | #1
With the recent release of the Taun Taun mounts, and announcement of the Varactyl mount in the upcoming CM pack, it seems as though Bioware is giving biological mounts some attention. I for one, would love to see a system similar to the taun taun domestication on Tattooine that allows us to "tame" a bantha. What other mounts would you guys like to see/think are viable additions to the game?

(DISCLAIMER: fleet might get crowded once everyone and their brother is riding a bantha around)

I'de also love to see some sort of "creature handler" system where we could domesticate particular creatures around the galaxy and use them as companions. No chat options/crafting ability obviously, but adding a cage to each ship and giving each player 1 active and 1 inactive creature slot doesnt seem like it would be too monumental a task.
Sykotik
Sarkastik
Are you aware?

bannsider
08.08.2013 , 08:23 AM | #2
seriously? theres a suggest a mount thread about 3 threads below this one

Grafon
08.08.2013 , 08:25 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by bannsider View Post
seriously? theres a suggest a mount thread about 3 threads below this one
So why did you enter this thread? Regardless, my mistake.
Sykotik
Sarkastik
Are you aware?

Lunafox
08.10.2013 , 02:55 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Grafon View Post
With the recent release of the Taun Taun mounts, and announcement of the Varactyl mount in the upcoming CM pack, it seems as though Bioware is giving biological mounts some attention. I for one, would love to see a system similar to the taun taun domestication on Tattooine that allows us to "tame" a bantha. What other mounts would you guys like to see/think are viable additions to the game?

(DISCLAIMER: fleet might get crowded once everyone and their brother is riding a bantha around)

I'de also love to see some sort of "creature handler" system where we could domesticate particular creatures around the galaxy and use them as companions. No chat options/crafting ability obviously, but adding a cage to each ship and giving each player 1 active and 1 inactive creature slot doesnt seem like it would be too monumental a task.
The only thing about banthas, is, that they move very slowly. I just can't imagine one of these things running like a cheetah, lol. And it seems everyone wants to zoom zoom faster. I still like them though.
My debut novel ETERNITY AWAITS available now!

Kualan
08.10.2013 , 03:26 AM | #5
The tank mount moves at a -50% speed if I recall correctly. Which shows BW aren't opposed to introducing slow mounts out-of-hand. So special cases like the bantha or dewback which are very iconic mounts may well become reality soon.
Stannis - Jedi Guardian - Level 50 : Sarella - Imperial Sniper - Level 50
Kastrofa - Gunslinger - Level 50 : V'lorn - Sith Juggernaut - Level 50
Nyna - Jedi Sentinel - Level 50 : Melondi - Jedi Shadow - Level 50
Tremarck - Imperial Operative - Level 50 : Kualan - Republic Vanguard - Level 22

RixoFutu
08.10.2013 , 04:05 AM | #6
Do you saw Episode 4? Do you know how big banthas are? Can you imagine them walking on fleet? I do not.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but banthas are slow creatures ... you want mount with speed +20%? :-p
"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

CrispenGray
08.10.2013 , 09:17 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RixoFutu View Post
Do you saw Episode 4? Do you know how big banthas are? Can you imagine them walking on fleet? I do not.

And correct me if i'm wrong, but banthas are slow creatures ... you want mount with speed +20%? :-p
Never mistake size for slowness. Elephants can run up to 25 mph, or 40 kph, and banthas were played by elephants in costume in the original Star Wars. Someone has calculated that the 110% speeders are roughly 27.3 mph, which is barely faster than an elephant's charge.

branmakmuffin
08.10.2013 , 09:40 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by CrispenGray View Post
Never mistake size for slowness. Elephants can run up to 25 mph, or 40 kph, and banthas were played by elephants in costume in the original Star Wars. Someone has calculated that the 110% speeders are roughly 27.3 mph, which is barely faster than an elephant's charge.
If you're going to play that "realism card," how long can an elephant charge at top speed?

LordArtemis
08.10.2013 , 09:42 AM | #9
They can have a slower speed but very strong dismount protection. They can also not work in interior areas, including fleet.

KarmaForce
08.10.2013 , 10:07 AM | #10
Simpsons.....I mean SWG, did it!