Favourite Ship

Philitt

Hi everyone

As I enjoy reading about peoples opinions about companions, class stories etc. I came up with this: Which class ship is your favourite and why? Also possibly which one is your least favourite and why?

I am kinda torn between the D5-Mantis and the X70-B. While the D5-Mantis looks pretty nice on the outside, I prefer the X70-B's interior. Third is probably the B7-Thunderclap, Smuggler is just classical so I dont really count it towards the list :p. I was a little bit disappointed by the fact that Inquisitors and Warriors as well as Consulars and Knights have the same ship. Feel free to tell any background stories related to your ship.

So for conclusion

1. D5-Mantis

2. X70-B

3. B7-Thunderclap

Edited by Philitt

For me it's:

1. Phantom

2. Smuggler Freighter

3. Mantis

4. Thunderclap

5. Fury

6. Defender

I love the phantom for it's technology advantage and the stylish interior.

The smuggler vessel reminds me of the ebon hawk.

The mantis really feels like a bh ship (because it comes very close to bobas/jangos slave I and the cage makes it even better)

The thunderclap just feels like the right ship for my troopers :D

The fury and the defender just bore me because both sith/jedi classes use the same.

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Speaking personally

1. Sith Fury
  2. Imperial Phantom
  3. Smugglers X70B
  4. B7 Thunderclap
  5. D5-Mantis
  6. Jedi Defender

The Sith Fury looks right, feels right, and is simple to navigate.

The Phantom looks great from the outside, but the back end interior is a let down.

The Smuggler X70B looks battered and strangely too much and too little like the Ebon Hawk, if they either took it a step away or towards the Ebon hawk look, then I could enjoy it more. But is very easy to navigate, if rather circuitous.

The B7 Thuderclap looks rubbish, although the interior makes sense for an army transport, and is the easiest to navigate.

The Mantis looks and feels wrong to me, not sure what I wanted it to look like, just not this. Interior has a Bounty Hunter vibe, but it lacks a sense of character behind it, it feels like someone else's ship.

The Jedi Defender, I hate this ship, if feels like a cross between a cargo ship and a cruiser, it feels undiplomatic for the Consular, and unmilitary for the Knight, would have preferred somethig on one level, simpler, with a empty main space surrounded by benches and murals, which could have served as meditation/practise area.

Edited by AlexDougherty

1. Fury - I love this ship, it's simple and sleek in design and the overall feel is almost perfect for a Sith. The only thing I feel it lacks is the proper ambiance in the captains quarters for a Sith. It's just a little too plain for my tastes, but overall the tones and colors just seem perfect.

2. D5-Mantis - I've yet to put my finger on it, but there's something just "perfect" seeming about this ship. Inside and out it fits perfectly to the BH... my only complaint is that Skadge doesn't occupy some room I never have to set foot in :p

3. BT-7 Thunderclap - While I do like this ship, there's just something about the exterior that doesn't sit well with my tastes. Other than that, it's always seemed perfect for my trooper. But the exterior is really the only reason this falls under the Mantis.

4. Defender - I like the layout of this ship and the interior feels Jedi-like enough for me, but there's still something I feel could be better... I just can't think of what it could be (or at least can't put the words together for it).

5. XS Freighter - Like another person said, it's in this weird limbo between like and not like the Ebon Hawk (even the Falcon if you want to go that far). I feel like it could have been 10x better if it wasn't just a giant freakin circle and didn't feel like a cheap knock-off of the Ebon Hawk. Something more akin to a cross with the Mantis and the current feel of the Freighter (that home in space feel - Firefly class ship anyone? :p).

6. X-70B Phantom - Hate this ship. The layout is drab, the interior is too much like some futuristic, sterile hospital. The bright white with the harsh black just clashes. Not to mention my IA thinks the higher ups were smoking something to give her this ship as a "fly-under-the-radar/stealthy ship". That thing sticks out like a sore thumb and not only couldn't be more obvious, but other that the Defender and Thunderclap, probably couldn't be more "memorable" and easy to point and say "yup, it was the guy from that ship right there". /rant

It's a shame there couldn't be more of a difference between the Sith and Jedi ships, something more designed to the classes would have been great.

1) Jedi Defender - I like the Hammerhead Shark! It looks muscular and powerful while looking quite graceful on the inside.

2) IA's Phantom - It's pretty.

3) Smuggler's Freighter - It's BIG!

4) BH's Mantis - Would score higher, but I hate the interior.

5) Trooper's Thunderclap - I like the interior, very military, but it's a weird looking ship and I can's see why anyone would design a ship that way.

6) Sith Fury - Too obviously a reference to the Tie Fighters/Vader's Tie Fighter. Turns me off.

The IA Phantom is by far my fav ship.

The Jedi/Sith ships are my least favorite, most in need of New ship skins, just plain boring looking, would somebody please steal this hunk of junk so I can file it on my insurance & buy a ship like the imperial agent!

Did I mention I HATE the look of the Jedi/Sith ships?

After me

1.Phantom-great model,beautyfull in exterior and in interior and is the best choice for top imperial agent

2.Fury -great dynamics,interior pretty awesome,just like a sith's ship would have to be

3.D5-Mantis-its like in the description a cold hunter in the depths of the space+i think any hunter would love the ship

Edited by EpickFaill

The IA Phantom is by far my fav ship.

The Jedi/Sith ships are my least favorite, most in need of New ship skins, just plain boring looking, would somebody please steal this hunk of junk so I can file it on my insurance & buy a ship like the imperial agent!

Did I mention I HATE the look of the Jedi/Sith ships?

LOL. I get that they were going for something reminiscent of the Correllian Corvette, the first ship we ever saw in the Star Wars universe, but it seems most people aren't impressed with the little Jedi hammerhead. Although I do kind of like the moving baffles on the engines.

For me, no contest, it's the IA Phantom. It's freakin' beautiful, inside and out. It's the first ship I was actually giddy to explore when I got it. The oppulent interior is almost more Trek than Wars, but because agents are bankrolled by the Empire, it fits. The dang exterior practically gave me a chubby just gawking at it in the hangar the first time.

Sigh. I'll be in my bunk.

Having not played the IA story, I would rank them as

1. D5-Mantis: It feels very professional and right for a Bounty Hunter. I always giggle when 2V-R8 says he repainted my quarters in this ship, as it seems like these worn out colors should be hard to replicate :rolleyes: The open spacing makes it easy to go to the different parts of the ship, and the darker colors are nice for the eyes. Feels like I am a real space bad *** during the space missions
  2. BT-7 Thunderclap: This is the ship I had the most prejudice against before I stepped onto it. The spacing inside is phenomenal! It is a bit bright in most areas, but overall a great ship!
  3. Fury Interceptor: It looks better on the outside than on the inside, but compared to many other ships it is still easy to navigate, and have a fairly open structure on the inside.

The Jedi defender was pretty much as bad as I envisioned it in terms of style, but the stairs to the lower floor made it go into the really stupid design category.

The smuggler ship was the biggest dissappointment for me. Would had love a more Falconesque design rather than Ebon Hawk, with the cockpit set on the side rather than in the front. The circular part always has me running in the wrong direction...