Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New FPs: HM Overtuned, SM Too Easy?

Brutal
08.08.2013 , 08:32 PM | #101
they not hard 2 maned bouth hm with companions today tanky jug necroscop and heal papa-roach on my heal was there first time necro done it once before we had few wipes only cos i didint budder to read up or watch vid with tack so was lerning as we go

i so miss li 1.0 only fp i didint minde runing all the time it was a chalange to fini**** in pug

sensicalOxymoron
08.08.2013 , 10:07 PM | #102
Another big fan of LI 1.0 here. I adored the challenge that flashpoint offered, and I was hoping the Czerka FPs would be similar(they are not. They are slightly more punishing than the other HM 55s). It'll be nice to have a little more variety in the HM 55 queue, but PLEASE Bioware, make the next flashpoint more like LI.

Jeweledleah
08.08.2013 , 10:27 PM | #103
funny story about lost island. even after extensive nerfs and ability to run it at lvl 55, I STILl see people drop group the moment they see what they got as a random.

I'm not against bioware adding something of that difficulty, however - if they do, I'd rather they didn't add it to the same pull of 55hm flashpoints we have right now, and kept it separate, the way they did with LI prior to expansion and nerfs.

one person's fun challenge is another person's this is way too hard and not fun.

there's a reason we have story, hard and nightmare mode operations. because people come in variety of skills and not everyone enjoys the same difficulty.

USCG_Davis
08.08.2013 , 11:29 PM | #104
Just 2 maned both of them with 2 anni mara's and no comps. SM is a joke as always and the HM version quite possibly could be 2 maned as well. WTB NiM FP's
Atrýss Leggo'my-agro Haji'go-boom Chive-on Sweetims
I'carry-baddies I'carry-scrubs I'cause-QQ

Missandei
08.09.2013 , 03:57 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Elizar_Naki View Post
So some guildies and I tried the new FPs last night, and since they're in the same Group Finder tier as the previous 55 HMs, we decided to jump straight into the HM versions in order to knock out part of that weekly at the same time. To be blunt, we got our butts kicked, so we downgraded to the SM versions just so we could clear the CZ-198 weekly. To be honest, we kinda felt insulted by the transition.
1. The SM modes are for 2 ppl groups.
2. The new FP are still easy in HM.
Missandei Shadow ...yet shadows can kill. And oft-times a very small man can cast a very large shadow.

demotivator
08.09.2013 , 04:14 AM | #106
I'm LOLing at people finding that "LI 1.0" used to be hard when the only and only one tricky part was understanding the mechanics... oh like any other FPs. I mean that you cannot seriously tell me that interrupting Incinerate is hard? that dropping the electric fields away from people is hard? that running under Sav-Rak when he's going to smash is hard? that staying behind Lorrick to avoid the grenades is hard? and so on...

Running LI with a PUG was likely to end badly because most people would be undergeared idiots who 1. didn't know the mechanics 2. wouldn't understand the mechanics once explained (we all got that one guy who was still standing around helplessly when Sav-Rak prepared to smash and then asked what happened... though we made it clear to run under the boss).

It's exactly what's happening with these new flashpoints (I keep asking people to drop the electric fields on the outer wall in the Vigilant fight yet almost every time there is someone who just stands here in the middle with a blue circle underneath and who won't move - and the next thing you know the whole place is a cluster of AOE). And I'm starting to get sick of tanks with less HP than my DPS companions.
Randomizing your forums.

DarthSeraph
08.09.2013 , 04:21 AM | #107
I think the new flashpoints are way too easy. Granted the group I went with is almost all full Underworld but we did both FPs on HM in a little over 30 minutes.

Bioware seriously need to think about the challenge they give to there player base by providing us with different mechanics from SM to HM or even give NiM versions on flashpoints
Destruˇ | Castellˇ | Spaa'ra
Marauder | Sentinel | Gunslinger

Krewel
08.09.2013 , 05:10 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by demotivator View Post
I'm LOLing at people finding that "LI 1.0" used to be hard when the only and only one tricky part was understanding the mechanics... oh like any other FPs. I mean that you cannot seriously tell me that interrupting Incinerate is hard? that dropping the electric fields away from people is hard? that running under Sav-Rak when he's going to smash is hard? that staying behind Lorrick to avoid the grenades is hard? and so on...

Running LI with a PUG was likely to end badly because most people would be undergeared idiots who 1. didn't know the mechanics 2. wouldn't understand the mechanics once explained (we all got that one guy who was still standing around helplessly when Sav-Rak prepared to smash and then asked what happened... though we made it clear to run under the boss).

It's exactly what's happening with these new flashpoints (I keep asking people to drop the electric fields on the outer wall in the Vigilant fight yet almost every time there is someone who just stands here in the middle with a blue circle underneath and who won't move - and the next thing you know the whole place is a cluster of AOE). And I'm starting to get sick of tanks with less HP than my DPS companions.
It doesn't matter, you can drop the electric field during Vigilant fight anywhere. LI 1.0 was unforgiving if you ignored mechanics, these new FPs are completely forgiving, and therein lies the issue. In LI 1.0 I actually had to heal, here I am DPS-ing most of the time ... in fact, the only time I'm actually healing in these new FPs is during trash in one of those rehashed ones that came in 2.0. I hope in another year's time I'll get an FP in which I have to heal
The prodigal son has returned ... some people are stuck with SWTOR, for better or worse.

Kognition - 55 Scoundrel

nninjacoupe
08.09.2013 , 05:24 AM | #109
I ran the new HMs yesterday. One shotted both. About 20 minutes each. What a disappointment. I miss the old LI. That was a great flashpoint to learn mechanics in. We need some tougher content to run during the week. A new flashpoint in its own tier again that likeminded people who want a challenge can q for.

JacksonMo
08.09.2013 , 06:38 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
they not hard 2 maned bouth hm with companions today tanky jug necroscop and heal papa-roach on my heal was there first time necro done it once before we had few wipes only cos i didint budder to read up or watch vid with tack so was lerning as we go

i so miss li 1.0 only fp i didint minde runing all the time it was a chalange to fini**** in pug
Did anyone understand a word of this? Complete jibberish.