Fortunate Redoubt and Shield Amplification relics lock each other out

BobaFaceroll

Hello,

After the recent patch power proc and damage proc relics no longer prevent each other from working correctly. I tested a PvP power proc and PvP damage proc relic pair, as well as a PvP power proc and PvE damage proc relic pair. Both combinations worked correctly, with neither relic locking the other out.

Unfortunately the same does not hold true for tanking relics. PvP Fortunate Redoubt and Shield Amplification relics still appear to prevent one another from activating. When one procs they both go on internal cool down for 20 seconds, at which time one or the other will activate and lock both out again for another 20 seconds.

Is this behavior intended? From the tool tips on each relic one would think this is a bug. Each relic explicitly states that it "Does not stack with other Fortunate Redoubt effects" or "Does not stack with other Shield Amplification effects". I am not trying to stack other identical effects, but they are still not stacking.

Can I get some clarification, and [hopefully] word on when a fix can be expected? Thank you.

PS: This was tested with two Partisan relics by the way. If someone has Arkanian/Underworld they can test with and see if they behave the same that would be great. Torparse link: http://www.torparse.com/a/373714 . I will test more, or upload a FP/Op parse, when I get the chance.

Edited by BobaFaceroll

wow... this is weird. sosmoen tested this specific combination (well... pve ones), they did not lock eachother out... not even for 4.5 seconds.

looks like they broke something between pts and live... again (like the kelligs countenance hood up in 1.3...)

here is a link to a parse from PTS 2.3:

http://www.torparse.com/a/322765/1/0/Log

Edited by dipstik

Patch note: "Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon proc relics will no longer prevent other Arkanian, Underworld and Kell Dragon procs of a different type from activating."

Says nothing about Conqueror or Partisan relics. I tested the Underworld Fortunate Redoubt and Arkanian Shield Amplification and they are both proccing at the same time.

Thanks for the updates. I don't have two PvE tank relics so I was unable to check that combination. I can't see a valid reason why Arkanian/Underworld defense relics should coexist, but Partisan/Conqueror should not. I shall edit the main post to make it more obvious that I used PvP relics, and PvE are operating differently.

Bioware, is there a reason why PvP defense relics should behave differently than PvE? They have the same descriptions, so one would expect them to behave the same as their PvE counterparts.

Edited by BobaFaceroll

I'm looking for help on this too. For PvE I've been running with a Conqueror Shield Amplification and an Underworld Fortunate Redoubt for ages, but I want to get an Underworld Shield Amplification,,, IF they stack ok. Obviously I don't want to waste the token if they don't stack. The dilemma is only going to get worse if I get Kell relic token.

For PvP I run with a Conq one of each, but the PvP relics say: "does not stack with (identical name of relic) effects", whereas the PvE relics say: "does not stack with similar defensive effects", which seems to contradict the patch notes. This seems a little unfair to PvE tanks if they don't stack.

Edited by Azreail