Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Combat Logs are coming! Damage meters & analysis soon to follow!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Combat Logs are coming! Damage meters & analysis soon to follow!

ironix
12.21.2011 , 01:30 PM | #1
Let all the whining end! It is over, we're getting combat logs and with that, the ability to parse and analyze the data.

Source: http://torwars.com/wp-content/upload...rg_zoeller.mp3

EDIT: Dropbox suspended my public links because you guys downloaded that file too much. lol

Transcript:

Quote:
Interviewer: So we talk about analytics and what you guys do on the developer side. Players like to do their own analytics and how to improve their characters. What tools int he game help you do that? Will you be able to export a combat log or anything like that?

Georg Zoeller: Not at this point, but it's something very high on our priority list

Interviewer: What's the pro and con of having something like that in? What's your approach to players min-maxing?

Georg Zoeller: I have no problem with players min-maxing. I'm min-maxing myself. We do have pretty good... the tooltips are pretty good. The information on the items I think is pretty good. We're right now lacking a bit is in the evaluating your performance or your group's performance. Umm what I can tell you is there's no conspiracy where we're like we're hiding this so people aren't discriminating against other players. If you want to, you know, run a very competitive operations group and you wanna improve, having this data is certainly interesting. Umm and we're not against it, it's just right now not in. Will it make it in for launch? We don't know at this point but it's very high priority.
Godwin's Law for SW:TOR -- As a discussion in the SW:TOR forums grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving WoW or being told to "go back to WoW" approaches 1.

OSUNightfall
12.21.2011 , 01:33 PM | #2
Thank God.
"If command wanted your opinion on ethics they'd promote you to general." - Strenif

Diremede
12.21.2011 , 01:36 PM | #3
You can keep your damage meters and combat logs.

techlogic
12.21.2011 , 01:38 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ironix View Post
Let all the whining end! It is over, we're getting damage meters and with that, the ability to parse and analyze the data.

Source: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/698619/Misc/...rg_zoeller.mp3

EDIT: Yes, I mirrored the source in case it gets deleted or something.

Transcript:
+1 For some kind of performance metrics.

Rychean
12.21.2011 , 01:38 PM | #5
Yea I'll be sure not to use those and to stay away from the guilds that require you to have them. Thanks but no thanks.

ironix
12.21.2011 , 01:44 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rychean View Post
Yea I'll be sure not to use those and to stay away from the guilds that require you to have them. Thanks but no thanks.
I don't think I've ever, ever heard of a guild that requires any mod. Raid teams, yes, guilds? No.
Godwin's Law for SW:TOR -- As a discussion in the SW:TOR forums grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving WoW or being told to "go back to WoW" approaches 1.

Varghjerta
12.21.2011 , 01:49 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Diremede View Post
You can keep your damage meters and combat logs.
Personally i do like performance meters
But aswell been plaing MMO's since 2000 and i have seen the community go from
Only idiots would pay 2 play and do it badly ........................to yes we know you are an idiot lets all be friends and let all bad things like performance go under the rug....................

After that GS and **** happened in WoW

TradewindNQ
12.21.2011 , 01:52 PM | #8
Oh look another thread about this. It'll go the same way.

I'll just leave the same question here as the other.

Why are you afraid of metric evaluation tools?

Brad-
12.21.2011 , 01:52 PM | #9
Hopefully, the combat log will only show your data, so you can only see your own dps. Personal parsers are beneficial tools. Group meters, do more harm than good.
I am a lawyer in RL, but I try to roleplay an honorable character.

TradewindNQ
12.21.2011 , 01:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Brad- View Post
Hopefully, the combat log will only show your data, so you can only see your own dps. Personal parsers are beneficial tools. Group meters, do more harm than good.
Because people don't like to be reminded that they're only succeeding on the hard work of others?