Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Story Packs

Alec_Fortescue
08.19.2013 , 04:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by joshohelp View Post
In all honesty adding to the class stories should be free and remain free. That's one of the huge draws of the game leading your individual saga. It would just be a continuation of the story maybe adding an entire chapter 4 to the class stories perhaps which would add another 6+ hours of class quests and companion stories etc.
Well I am pretty sure there is plenty of people willing to pay for class stories, treat them as dlc and expansions. And it's reasonable. In my opinion, the content we're getting as part of our sub is satisfying.

Buuut there' s been some, well, "rumors" recently that Bioware ain't done with class stories =] and interviews with voice actors help in keeping the hopes high.

Callaron
08.19.2013 , 04:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Buuut there' s been some, well, "rumors" recently that Bioware ain't done with class stories =] and interviews with voice actors help in keeping the hopes high.
That's really awesome news! Any chance anyone has a link?
If it's true it's also more evidence that the game is indeed doing quite well for them to consider expanding on it like that.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Suggestion for letting us add certain story characters to our Strongholds.

Lunafox
08.20.2013 , 12:48 AM | #23
I'm all for anything that brings back our individual class stories and companion story continuations. I'm sorry, I just can't get into Makeb like content the same way. I did it, I think 5 times, and I can't stomach going back there right yet.

I want to see what happens to our individual characters classes. I have 22 toon, and I've explored every bloody thing you can pretty much explore. I've been hanging on, it gets tough some times, when the only thing to do is grind money and buy crap. I miss talking to my companions. Those class stories are what distinguished this game from all others, and I LOVE IT. That's why I'm still here....been here since before launch, and subbed ever since, so please please please listen to us when we ask for this.

Like Callaron said, its because of the stories we stay...we need more, cause we're running out of what keeps us going!

Edit: I know Joe Gatt, who does Lord Scourge's voice, is going back in for more studio work to record, so I'm hopeful, we'll get something. *crosses fingers*

xAZUREx
08.20.2013 , 05:19 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
How about paid DLC-style class story packs which would feature continuation to our class stories?

Featuring new personal adversaries, friends and old allies alike? Sold in DLC-style similarly to Makeb and released over the year, perhaps in 3 month breaks. A story pack could feature two different chapter-long stories, one per mirror class. Which should result in about 10-15 hours of gameplay. There are so many planets in SWTOR at this stage that it would be reasonable and really cool to make those missions take place in some instanced areas, added for the purpose of story packs, on the existing worlds. In my opinion, using already existing worlds and adding few instances (you did it for the binocular quests!) would cut the costs. It would be also great if those story packs would include Theoretika or MacroBinonacular style of quests.
Makeb is not a DLC pack it is an expansion much like Burning Crusade for WoW
I consider DLC to be like DCUO power and weapons dlc, like the cathars for example

Something like extended class stories should be implement in an expansion or a patch
If it should be a DLC then subs should get it free and scrubs should pay for it

although im not disagreeing for more story content but i remeber seeing something about it being difficult to do seperate class stories in the future
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

Alec_Fortescue
08.20.2013 , 05:27 AM | #25
Makeb is dlc. Price and its content are nothing close to expansions for many other games, even mmos and especially the Burning Crusade. This comparison is just wow....

+ it's only downloadable which turns it into DLC - downloadable content.

xAZUREx
08.20.2013 , 08:05 AM | #26
i know i know but what i mean is dlc is usually classed small not necessarily needed items, but since the thing that seperates swtor from the rest is this dynamic class story, it would be included as expanding upon the game
Tomb of Freedon Nadd: (Kazama Legacy)
<A New Hope> <Sith Crusaders>
There is no force, there is only FUS RO DAH

joshohelp
08.21.2013 , 02:25 PM | #27
More class stories will come. But they'd have to release all 8 at the same time or else it would look like class favoritism or blah blah whatever people may complain about.

It's all about patience and waiting until the VOs finish what they're are doing if they are willing to come back on for another 5-6 months to record, re-record and change things etc.

Brian Bloom (Male Trooper) said in an interview that it took 3 years of recording and changing etc to actually make the base class story. So it takes a lot of dedication. I think Bioware picked the right voice actors. Since most of them are Bioware regulars or they did other games etc.

We all gotta wait.
The Skyblaster Legacy

From a certain point of view, everyone has good in them

Ancaglon
08.23.2013 , 08:16 AM | #28
I'd pay for a "real" Chapter 4 for each of the 4 Republic classes, and if my Imp characters had finished their stories I'd probably pay for those too

Alec_Fortescue
08.23.2013 , 08:55 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by xAZUREx View Post
i know i know but what i mean is dlc is usually classed small not necessarily needed items, but since the thing that seperates swtor from the rest is this dynamic class story, it would be included as expanding upon the game
Arrival DLC. Real ending to ME2. Not necessarily needed, huh? =]

Lord-Aleph
08.26.2013 , 04:58 PM | #30
I fully support the general idea of this. However, I have a few suggestions.

(1. I'd rather the class stories just be extended like this via normal game updates, like how the Czerka area came along. If not though, they should at least be free for subscribers.

(2. Companions should also each get their stories extended a bit with each pack, as well as (obviously) tie into your class story.

(3. I think the packs should just include a few quests to extend the story with each one released. Enough to extend it in a meaningful and interesting way, but nothing huge.

(4. Maybe tie in the space mini-game somehow? Vary the gameplay involved a bit?

(5. I think that each pack should extend ALL class stories, but honestly, I'd be okay if they did one for Republic and one for the Empire.